Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU started my evaluation
Is it sad that I keep refreshing my unofficial transcript to gauge their progress?  Some notes that I've already seen that I need to take action on:
1.  They do not accept the General English CLEP without the essay component.  They've accepted all of the others that I've taken.
2.  Although the JST transcript was sent directly from the military, apparently some of the dates on the transcript don't match up with what's printed in the ACE Guide to Military Service.  I don't think I'm going to give this too much effort though since the credits from this source won't have a huge impact.  Though, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the communications credit from the PSYOP Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course counted towards the Oral Communications requirement.
3.  A couple of the Penn Foster courses were only worth 2 SH, so the slots they got filled into still have 1 SH remaining to satisfy the requirement.  I'll fill these out with Study.com classes.

I wish the unofficial transcript had more details about what course mapped out to the specific credit source, it would be neat to see exactly what was transferring from where.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
They do accept the CLEP without essay, but it will duplicate the one with essay
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(10-09-2019, 03:47 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: They do accept the CLEP without essay, but it will duplicate the one with essay

Hmm, this was in the evaluation notes:

"10/09/19

The CLEP English Composition exam completed did not include the essay portion. Thomas Edison State University requires the essay portion in order for credit to be awarded, therefore credit was not awarded.
To satisfy the English composition requirement, Thomas Edison State University recommends the CLEP College Composition exam or the TECEP exams English Composition I and English Composition II.
If you wish to earn credit for English Composition in another manner, please contact the Thomas Edison State University Academic Advisement Center at enrolled@tesu.edu, or 609-777-5680.
================================================================="
John L. Watson
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
According to their own site it should count for Comp I - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I bet it's because I took the English Composition CLEP back in 1992. It's been renamed to College Composition and apparently TESU doesn't like something about the old version. No big deal though, I've already done all of the quizzes for English 101 and 102 on Study.com so it's just a matter of doing the writing assignments and proctored exams. That or get a voucher from Modern States and take the updated version of the CLEP. Either one is easy enough.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
My transcripts from WGU and Coastal Carolina CC haven't arrived at TESU yet, so of the 358 SH that I've earned over the years, TESU has received transcripts for 273 SH.  After the evaluation, they accepted 232 SH which drops to 194 SH after cancelling out the duplicates.  From that pool of credits, only 90.66 SH were applicable to the BSBA-GM program and I have 30 SH to go to finish the degree off.  I love how my credits are dispersed across multiple disciplines.

This is what I need:
  • English Composition I+II (6 SH) - will do either the College Composition CLEP with essay or Study.com.  I've finished all of the quizzes for both classes on Study.com, but haven't taken the proctored finals or done any of the written assignments yet.
  • Information Literacy (3 SH) - TESU mandatory SOS-110 course
  • Ethical Leadership (3 SH) - I'm not sure what class I should take to fill this slot, but would prefer a Study.com choice since I'm already doing other classes with this provider.
  • Civic Engagement (3 SH) - Political Science 102: American Government from Study.com, I've finished all the quizzes for this, just need the proctored final
  • Business/Society (3 SH) - will likely take Business 308: Globalization & International Management from Study.com
  • Economics (3 SH) - still need to do macroeconomics from Study.com
  • BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone (3 SH)
  • GM requirement (3 SH) - upper level course in either finance or marketing - several choices with Study.com
  • GMS electives (3 SH) - need one more 3 SH upper level course - lots of choices I can use to fill this slot
If I do the minimum of two classes per month at Study.com, I can finish off everything except the TESU-specific courses in 4 months, faster if I pay for extra exams.  And if I finish off my last two classes at WGU this month, I can probably get the SOS-110 requirement waived.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(10-10-2019, 11:02 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: My transcripts from WGU and Coastal Carolina CC haven't arrived at TESU yet, so of the 358 SH that I've earned over the years, TESU has received transcripts for 273 SH.  After the evaluation, they accepted 232 SH which drops to 194 SH after cancelling out the duplicates.  From that pool of credits, only 90.66 SH were applicable to the BSBA-GM program and I have 30 SH to go to finish the degree off.  I love how my credits are dispersed across multiple disciplines.

This is what I need:
  • English Composition I+II (6 SH) - will do either the College Composition CLEP with essay or Study.com.  I've finished all of the quizzes for both classes on Study.com, but haven't taken the proctored finals or done any of the written assignments yet.
  • Information Literacy (3 SH) - TESU mandatory SOS-110 course
  • Ethical Leadership (3 SH) - I'm not sure what class I should take to fill this slot, but would prefer a Study.com choice since I'm already doing other classes with this provider.
  • Civic Engagement (3 SH) - Political Science 102: American Government from Study.com, I've finished all the quizzes for this, just need the proctored final
  • Business/Society (3 SH) - will likely take Business 308: Globalization & International Management from Study.com
  • Economics (3 SH) - still need to do macroeconomics from Study.com
  • BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone (3 SH)
  • GM requirement (3 SH) - upper level course in either finance or marketing - several choices with Study.com
  • GMS electives (3 SH) - need one more 3 SH upper level course - lots of choices I can use to fill this slot
If I do the minimum of two classes per month at Study.com, I can finish off everything except the TESU-specific courses in 4 months, faster if I pay for extra exams.  And if I finish off my last two classes at WGU this month, I can probably get the SOS-110 requirement waived.
If you already have a bachelor's degree from the us and are doing your second bachelor's at tesu they waive all gen Ed's and free electives (including sos 110). You just need to do the core and aos.

But no matter what you need you to earn 24 credits after the 1st degree was conferred.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • jamshid666
(10-10-2019, 11:23 AM)natshar Wrote: But no matter what you need you to earn 24 credits after the 1st degree was conferred.

Yup, part of the reason I have several classes where all the quizzes are finished but I've not done the written assignments or proctored finals yet.  As soon as I finish my degree at WGU, I have quite a bit of follow-up work to look forward to.  Thank you for the feedback though, that helps me plan things out more efficiently.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
Where are you finding the temporary transcripts that they are updating in real time? They have been evaluating my transcript from ACE a week ago, but I haven’t had an update as of yet, but I could be looking in the wrong place? I was checking in Student Services.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
Didn't you have to complete Comp I & II through WGU? -

And "American Politics and the US Constitution" (Civic Engagement), "Ethics in Technology" (Ethical Leadership)??

Also a few of your courses from WGU may fall into the AOS for the BSBA (maybe even as UL); "Organizational Behavior & Leadership" and "Data Management"
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 115 04-27-2024, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 787 04-26-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 251 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,635 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 419 04-22-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 650 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 581 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 291 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,353 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 258 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM