Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TUI University
Just curious if anyone has taken any online courses at TUI University. It appears they do case studies and 6 modules per course. I'm curious how much writing is involved in the business courses.
After I finish my BS at Excelsior I'm planning on enrolling in the MSHS - Emergency and Disaster Management program at TUI. From my research the courses are entirely writing based with no exams. I have read that there are 6 modules like you said and each module has two 3-4 page papers and a discussion board question.

If you live in CA or are a government employee (local, state or federal) they give you a really good discount. For grad courses it only costs $187.50 per credit hour with the discount. Classes are 4 semester credit hours so $750 a class and no books to buy.
Excelsior College
B.S. Liberal Studies - Criminal Justice/Protective Services (07/2008)

TUI University
M.S. Emergency and Disaster Management (09/2009)

DSST's Civil War - 65 (A), Drug and Alcohol Abuse - 58 (A)

CLEP's A&I Lit - 72

ECE's Abnormal Psych - B, Research Methods in Psych - A, PAA - A, FoG - A

TECEP's English Composition I - 98
I dont like that school solely based on the name, TUI University. That stands for Touro University International University, I think it is a little repetitiveSmile
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
originalbigjim Wrote:I dont like that school solely based on the name, TUI University. That stands for Touro University International University, I think it is a little repetitiveSmile

They changed the name after it was sold. Touro is no longer part of the name. It is solely TUI University. They say TUI means "yours" in Latin.
Excelsior College

TUI University

CLEP's A&I Lit - 72

It would seem to be correct
Tui - Latin To English Dictionary
I am not buying it. It is listed in all caps everywhere on their website telling me that it still is an acronym. If they are going to try and play it off like it is Latin, that is sad, if they are hellbent on keeping tui then they should at least drop the cap lock and stop writing their name like this: TUI University (formerly Touro University International). Are names for colleges really that hard to come up with?Big Grin
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
Southpaw Wrote:After I finish my BS at Excelsior I'm planning on enrolling in the MSHS - Emergency and Disaster Management program at TUI. From my research the courses are entirely writing based with no exams. I have read that there are 6 modules like you said and each module has two 3-4 page papers and a discussion board question.

If you live in CA or are a government employee (local, state or federal) they give you a really good discount. For grad courses it only costs $187.50 per credit hour with the discount. Classes are 4 semester credit hours so $750 a class and no books to buy.

Yup, I live in California. I also completed my financial aid and spoke with the advisors. It appears I have a good chance of getting all of my courses paid by financial aid and rest with my employer. Not too exciting about the writing part, but I have to suck it up because I'm planning on going to law school after I obtain my MBA. I need to get started on taking my last ten courses at TUI, then go MBA route. With their tuition around 8,100 for MBA, my employer will pay the entire amount.
joel66 Wrote:Yup, I live in California. I also completed my financial aid and spoke with the advisors. It appears I have a good chance of getting all of my courses paid by financial aid and rest with my employer. Not too exciting about the writing part, but I have to suck it up because I'm planning on going to law school after I obtain my MBA. I need to get started on taking my last ten courses at TUI, then go MBA route. With their tuition around 8,100 for MBA, my employer will pay the entire amount.

You can't beat free. I really wish my agency had some kind of tuition assistance.
Excelsior College

TUI University

CLEP's A&I Lit - 72

That is one of the big reasons why I decided to finish my degree there. I included both TUI University and Excelsior College when I applied for financial aid. With Excelsior, you have to take 12 units in order to be considered full time, or 8 units in 8 week courses, but the amount was almost twice as less. They also waived the ITM301 Principles of Information Systems for my MCSE and A+ cert.

I just completed my evaluation and have just 9 classes left. Taking 2 courses per semester, I will be completed by July 2009. On top of this, I might have between 6 to 12 units transferred for the MBA degree because ACE recommends up to 21 graduate credits for the courses I have taken for my Senior Claims Law Associate designation. One of their MBA programs is Conflict and Negotiation Management Concentration.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,700 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 362 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,768 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,847 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 788 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,356 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,832 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 423 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 615 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,690 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff