Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tecep cis 107
bricabrac Wrote:Saharapost can tell you more about the exam but for the course, it was geared more towards the Discovering Computers textbook. (You can get a used copy for under $5 at amazon.) I've linked the textbook companion websites. I enjoyed using them, the games were fun.

Discovering Computers (2014)

The MS Office book was used for the lab assignments. Text companion website [URL="http://www.cengagebrain.com/cgi-wadsworth/course_products_wp.pl?fid=M20b&product_isbn_issn=9780538748704&token=882AC96C466D28CB46CACCB6832F0EE87399BB7B54D8B5B2702E5B9EAE21A28C0B4059A69B20DC9DC434EFDC460151EDBD16F8C899C92410"]MS Office 2010
[/URL]It should help you with the 2010 functions without having to purchase the book or new software. On the course midterm/final we were asked questions about the diferent MS ribbon functions. The TECEP may be different.

Good luck!

is this the same book? http://www.gettextbooks.com/isbn/9781111530327
this is a link based on the ISBN listed in the syllabus
Yep, that's it. Gotta love the pricing on used textbooks!

When I took the course we used Discovering Computers 2009 and MS Office 2007. Discovering Computers is a great book, I refer to it often. MS Office, I usually use online help and or play around with the software. If you were taking the course I would refer you to the student discount onine webstore (journeyed.com for MS Office software bundles). But I'm sure you will be fine with the companion website.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
purplenova Wrote:is this the same book? http://www.gettextbooks.com/isbn/9781111530327
this is a link based on the ISBN listed in the syllabus

I am not sure whether the text you have is the same as what is recommended, but what I am sure about is that the text I used was more than enough to prepare me for the test. This is the ISBN for the text : 9781111530457 and you can check it out on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Discovering-Comp...1111530457

Though used copies are not expensive especially to US buyers, however, if you need the pdf version, I am able to provide you one.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Just to add that I did not use the MS Office textbook. I think if one has a fair to good background on MS Office, one may not need the textbook. For me, the Discovering Computers was more than enough.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Saharapost Wrote:I am not sure whether the text you have is the same as what is recommended, but what I am sure about is that the text I used was more than enough to prepare me for the test. This is the ISBN for the text : 9781111530457 and you can check it out on amazon Discovering Computers, Fundamentals: Your Interactive Guide to the Digital World Shelly Cashman: Amazon.co.uk: Gary B Shelly, Misty E Vermaat, Jeffrey J Quasney, Susan L Sebok, Steven M Freund: Books

Though used copies are not expensive especially to US buyers, however, if you need the pdf version, I am able to provide you one.

The ISBN came directly from the syllabus posted for CIS 107
I will see if I can find a US copy. If not maybe I will take you up on the pdf.
Thank You

Update - found it on amazon for $4.00. Price included shipping....
The UK version (506pgs) seems to be a lot more compact than the US version (920pgs). $4 is an excellent price!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
This may be second nature to most of you but Im absolutely new to this. I wanted to make sure I understand how to move forward.
My evaluation has not been competed but I wanted to get started so I picked CIS 107.

Question - looking at the course information Below

Title
Computer Concepts and Appl
Course Section Number CIS-107-TE100
Description
Provides an overview of computers. Includes use of Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, and Windows. Advisory: See in the Bulletin for information about equipment requirements for the course.
Credits - 3.00
Start Date - 02 June 2014
End Date - 24 August 2014
Academic Level - U - Undergraduate

Is it my understanding that I can register now for this class but I have to take the test before the end date?
Since my evaluation is not complete, should I wait til it is complete?
At what point will I be assigned an advisor. Seems like every time I call TESC, I get to speak to what sounds like a student helper, type rep.

Basically - Im really nervous about doing this and not real sure how to move forward.

Thanks for everyones help and assistance
Hi Purplenova,

Is it my understanding that I can register now for this class but I have to take the test before the end date? <---- It's not a class. You are registering for an exam. Think of it as pre-registering to take a CLEP or DSST exam. And, yes, you have up until the last day of the semester to take the exam.

Click on the following Link. The instructions walk you through both online and paper/pen testing options. Testing Arrangements

Since my evaluation is not complete, should I wait til it is complete? <---- Taking a TECEP has nothing to do with your evaluation. If you are waiting to see if the exam will duplicate something you've already taken, you will not receive a refund past the semester start date. So make sure prior to registering.

At what point will I be assigned an advisor. Seems like every time I call TESC, I get to speak to what sounds like a student helper, type rep. <---- You are not assigned an advisor. This is not like a B&M university. What you can do is schedule a 30min appointment to speak with an advisor from the department. Read the mini bios about the Advising staff to get an idea of who handles what area of study.

How to Make and Appointment

Article: 10 Tips You Need to Know to Get Quicker, Better Advising Help

My advice - begin to move around the website. As soon as you have full access, get online and get comfortable with the myEdison format (moodle course management system/helpdesk ticket system/student forums). TESC is not a hand holding type of school. It is geared towards the adult learner; which translates to getting comfortable researching topics, learning the ins and outs of your program and developing a strong skin. This is not the easy road but it can be fast and very rewarding.

Good luck!

PS - Im very busy so forgive typos and grammatical errors.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
I knew I was registering for the exam, guess I need to proof-read my work before posting..lol
I have been on that link you provided and think ProctorU is my best option.

I have 3 credits from Intro to Computer Concepts (not a Dev course) from my community college and hopefully TESC will accept it
but to what section I dont know. Did not want to waste time taking something I didnt need, but also didnt want to take the absolute
hardest class 1st either. Just wanted something to ease me back into the process since I've been out of school for 20+ years. My last
exposure to education was in 2005 when I passed the Network+ exam.

I have a background already in Comp Sci and thought CIS107 would be a good easy start.
BSBA - Gen Mgt @ TESC In Progress
Total Earned - 14.67
Remaining - 105.33

Com College
CIS 105
MAN 105
PED 106
4.67 credits

JST/Army
GOG 280
MAN 201
PEA 199
MSC 131
MSC 161
HEA 195
8 Credits

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone (CYB 101)
2 ACE Credits

TECEP
ENC 101- REGISTERED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,756 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,996 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,812 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,560 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,718 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,202 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,525 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,650 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill