Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teens Graduating Early ... What will you do next?
I'll probably work for free (or not) somewhere... I have a million area businesses lined up. Do more farm work. Maybe go on a mission trip or something.

Oh yeah, and wait for Prince Charming. Starting a family is *definately* mandatory. Preferably asap, but you're supposed to write your plans in pencil and then give God the eraser. Smile
I currently have 108 credits, and after I graduate mid 2010 I plan on taking a short break and then getting a MA in Biblical Studies from Liberty University. After that? I ether want to get a degree in marketing or web design, get married, work for at least a couple of years and then move to Japan as a missionary.
mcooksey, that is a great plan! One of my friends went to Liberty! How awesome is that Smile

I plan on being through with my degree in Spring of 2011. I will have just turned 21 and then maybe go to Mexico and be a missionary for a year or so. And when I come back, go to work for Edward Jones Investments! But, that's just a plan! God could totally change things for me Smile
twosidneys Wrote:My daughter got her BA at 16. Now she is taking her M.Ed. with teacher certification. It should be done by 18. Then I'll try to help her line up the first teaching position. The first is the hardest!

Sidney

Question: to get certified in your state, does she need to student-teach? If so, how do you address her age?
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
BethanyAllison Wrote:Oh yeah, and wait for Prince Charming. Starting a family is *definately* mandatory. Preferably asap, but you're supposed to write your plans in pencil and then give God the eraser. Smile

I love that about writing your plans in pencil and giving God the eraser! He's been doing a lot of erasing in my life and I'm sure there's more to come =]

I'll be done with my BA in Communications by December 2010 if all goes well. I turn 20 this summer so I'm thrilled at cutting approximately 2 years off my educational career!! =] After that, maybe getting my ASBA (Associates in Science in Business Administration), and Massage Therapy. Marriage and family are all part of my plans too. Totally homeschooling my kids!
Ohhhhh I love to talk about this Big Grin

If all goes as planned, I'll be graduating with my BA in CJ in Spring 2012. I will have just turned 19. I'd really like to travel for a year or at least a few months. Europe would be ideal, but I'd go almost anywhere. If not, I'd like to do an internship in criminal investigations (if I got accepted into an FBI internship that would be awwwesome!). Then I'll hopefully get a "real" job at the PD. Unfortunately I'll have to become a cop before I can become a police detective. Hopefully after a couple years I'll get moved into a detective spot... After that it's all "It would be awesome if," etc Tongue (FBI, criminal psychologist, profiler, then for second career a journalist, etc.)

Oh, and I'd like to throw a husband & family in there somewhere :p
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
PonyGirl93 Wrote:Ohhhhh I love to talk about this Big Grin

If all goes as planned, I'll be graduating with my BA in CJ in Spring 2012. I will have just turned 19. I'd really like to travel for a year or at least a few months. Europe would be ideal, but I'd go almost anywhere. If not, I'd like to do an internship in criminal investigations (if I got accepted into an FBI internship that would be awwwesome!). Then I'll hopefully get a "real" job at the PD. Unfortunately I'll have to become a cop before I can become a police detective. Hopefully after a couple years I'll get moved into a detective spot... After that it's all "It would be awesome if," etc Tongue (FBI, criminal psychologist, profiler, then for second career a journalist, etc.)

Oh, and I'd like to throw a husband & family in there somewhere :p

There's a few things you can do to get closer to making a position with the FBI a dream come true.

The CJ degree is a good start. You'll want to learn 1-2 additional languages if you're not multidegree already (obviously one of the many arabic dialects would be looked at favorably as well as spanish, but even the less popular languages can be helpful.) You'll also want a few years in your chosen field under your belt, as well (at least 3) and an advanced degree is helpful.

As for FBI internships, they've only got two for which they're currently accepting applications. The first being the National Security Internship (which requires Arabic) and the second is the Visiting Scientists program.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
You guys are really mature for your age getting your degree in a non traditional way. It must be extremely difficult being young and blocking out all the social aspects of college life especially when most of your friends are going to brick & mortar schools, I would think. On the plus side I'm sure it will allow you to graduate quicker and probably save money compared to your peers:hurray: .
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:You guys are really mature for your age getting your degree in a non traditional way. It must be extremely difficult being young and blocking out all the social aspects of college life especially when most of your friends are going to brick & mortar schools, I would think. On the plus side I'm sure it will allow you to graduate quicker and probably save money compared to your peers:hurray: .

It'll also give them a huge edge, because they'll have the ability to have a couple years of work experience with a degree by the time people their age are just graduating and trying to get into the job market.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
I agree. Learning Arabic would be a huge selling point for FBI, or really any major government agency today.

I must point out that "FBI Profiler" is not an actual job like it is on TV. Also I'm not sure why you consider a position at the local PD to be a more "real" job than interning at the FBI. If it was me, I would choose FBI over local PD in a heartbeat unless I really wanted to distance myself from the federals for some reason.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How I Saved $380K By Age 29 To Retire Early LevelUP 21 2,035 05-12-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Student Loans Cancelled for an Entire Graduating Class Jonathan Whatley 9 2,318 05-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  17-year-old to graduate from Harvard days after graduating high school quigongene 0 1,143 05-21-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  homeschool teens and parents wanted! cookderosa 1 753 07-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Graduating tomorrow! TayTay 31 3,564 05-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  Are all of today's teens/20-somethings dealing with entitlement issues? TMW2010 56 7,974 07-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ryoder