Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing out of TESU Communications Undergrad Certificate
I am interested in getting the Undergraduate Certificate in Communications from TESU. I see some equivalents on Study.com but not all of them. Is there any way to get this certificate by completely using alternative sources? I see Study.com has Communications courses that aren't listed under the certificate requirements. Would it be possible to use any of those or do all the courses have to be exact? 

Does anyone have experience with this certificate or degree? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank-you in advance!
There is no alternative method to get all of the credits you need in Comm, even using Study.com and CSU-Global.

Also, if you just want a cert (without getting a degree) TESU makes you take 50% of the degree through them. Plus pay the residency fee. WAY too expensive and time consuming to get a cert-only there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I only recommend getting a cert at TESU if it is free and all the courses goes towards a BA. Otherwise you are stuck deciding if it is with the energy, money, and time. I would re-evaluate and see if there is value added in the cert if you get it.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-27-2019, 07:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I only recommend getting a cert at TESU if it is free and all the courses goes towards a BA.  Otherwise you are stuck deciding if it is with the energy, money, and time.  I would re-evaluate and see if there is value added in the cert if you get it.

Thank-you! I will definitely re-evaluate what I want/need.

(01-27-2019, 07:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There is no alternative method to get all of the credits you need in Comm, even using Study.com and CSU-Global.

Also, if you just want a cert (without getting a degree) TESU makes you take 50% of the degree through them.  Plus pay the residency fee.  WAY too expensive and time consuming to get a cert-only there.

Thank-you for your response! I would be getting it with my degree but since I can't test out of it, it is not worth it.
I think there is a thread here somewhere that shows some certs you can test out of.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(01-27-2019, 11:46 PM)vetvso Wrote: I think there is a thread here somewhere that shows some certs you can test out of.

Thank-you! I will look for it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy