Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Texas Law on Using Substandard Degrees
(07-28-2021, 08:52 PM)Kal Di Wrote: I have yet to see a Texas case where someone was fined and/or imprisoned for using a titulo propio degree. I have used my public library card's digital access to look through article archives about crimes regarding the use of foreign degrees. Do you want to know what I found about titulo propio degrees? Nothing!

ENEB may not be the best school for a master's degree, but it's definitely the most affordable. As long as you don't use it to apply for a job in government or academia, I would say it gives the best ROI for graduates looking for work in most of the private sector.

To reiterate, the issue is not the titulo propio degree. The issue is that ENEB does not have degree-granting authority from the Spanish government or any subdivision of the Spanish government.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Pot…..
Spoon…..
Stir…..
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-28-2021, 06:17 PM)sanantone Wrote: Let me clarify. Is ENEB authorized by Spain to award titulos propios? If it is, then why do they have their degrees issued by Isabel I.

Because it looks nicer? Because that's just how they do things in Spain? ENEB is hardly the only business school to do something like this. They simply happen to be the cheapest. Some schools even have diplomas from 2 or 3 recognized universities. In the context of the US system, all of this is weird. In the context of the Spanish system, this seems to be perfectly normal, legal, and perhaps even expected to some extent.

In some ways, this is like arguing that the Georgia Tech OMSCS is invalid because you do everything through edX and edX is not a recognized degree-granting institution.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
(07-29-2021, 02:15 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 06:17 PM)sanantone Wrote: Let me clarify. Is ENEB authorized by Spain to award titulos propios? If it is, then why do they have their degrees issued by Isabel I.

Because it looks nicer? Because that's just how they do things in Spain? ENEB is hardly the only business school to do something like this. They simply happen to be the cheapest. Some schools even have diplomas from 2 or 3 recognized universities. In the context of the US system, all of this is weird. In the context of the Spanish system, this seems to be perfectly normal, legal, and perhaps even expected to some extent.

In some ways, this is like arguing that the Georgia Tech OMSCS is invalid because you do everything through edX and edX is not a recognized degree-granting institution.

You're missing the point. ENEB does not have degree-granting authority like Isabel I does. 

EdX and Coursera are websites that host lecture videos created by accredited universities. Your degree, grades, and instruction will all come from Georgia Tech.

ENEB is an independent school without degree-granting authority that is partnering with other schools to issue degrees through them. The argument isn't about whether this is normal in Europe; it's about how it's viewed by credential evaluation services. There are Spanish schools with degree-granting authority that HAVE had their titulo propio degrees evaluated as accredited master's degrees. Obviously, it's harder to find an evaluator who will do the same for a school without degree-granting authority.

(07-28-2021, 09:32 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Pot…..
Spoon…..
Stir…..

On the other forum, there is a current thread in the business sub-forum that is having a similar discussion that is much more informed and honest. When it comes to foreign school discussions, I recommend that people ask questions there.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(07-29-2021, 12:26 PM)sanantone Wrote: On the other forum, there is a current thread in the business sub-forum that is having a similar discussion that is much more informed and honest. When it comes to foreign school discussions, I recommend that people ask questions there.

Nope. I don't like the other forum. It does not have a good vibe at all. There are some really creepy people and down right nasty people on there. That forum is also not always accurate either. There are many reasons most of us are here and not there. You enjoy it? Feel free to go there.
(07-29-2021, 02:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 12:26 PM)sanantone Wrote: On the other forum, there is a current thread in the business sub-forum that is having a similar discussion that is much more informed and honest. When it comes to foreign school discussions, I recommend that people ask questions there.

Nope. I don't like the other forum. It does not have a good vibe at all. There are some really creepy people and down right nasty people on there. That forum is also not always accurate either. There are many reasons most of us are here and not there. You enjoy it? Feel free to go there.

I agree that some of the people there are nasty as well as some of the people here, but when it comes to foreign programs, there is very little knowledge here. There are many people on the other forum who have earned degrees from other countries, dealt with immigration, and dealt with credential evaluation services. At the very basic level, you wouldn't have to explain repeatedly that there's a difference between having degree-granting authority and not having degree-granting authority.

No one asked you to go there.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(07-29-2021, 02:15 PM)sanantone Wrote: I agree that some of the people there are nasty as well as some of the people here, but when it comes to foreign programs, there is very little knowledge here. There are many people on the other forum who have earned degrees from other countries, dealt with immigration, and dealt with credential evaluation services. At the very basic level, you wouldn't have to explain repeatedly that there's a difference between having degree-granting authority and not having degree-granting authority.

There are quite a few people here who have earned foreign degrees and live in other countries. You seem to discount them and everyone who doesn't agree with you.
(07-29-2021, 02:25 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 02:15 PM)sanantone Wrote: I agree that some of the people there are nasty as well as some of the people here, but when it comes to foreign programs, there is very little knowledge here. There are many people on the other forum who have earned degrees from other countries, dealt with immigration, and dealt with credential evaluation services. At the very basic level, you wouldn't have to explain repeatedly that there's a difference between having degree-granting authority and not having degree-granting authority.

There are quite a few people here who have earned foreign degrees and live in other countries. You seem to discount them and everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Where are they in this thread? This isn't about agreement; it's about stating facts and having sources. Ironically, I posted this same thread there, and it wasn't flooded with rude responses. I don't have problems with legitimate disagreements. It is annoying and silly that people are getting personally offended over penal and administrative codes and won't bother to fully read what's being presented before making unnecessary and illogical objections.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • ArielB74
Not everyone likes to advertise their current geographical location.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-29-2021, 02:29 PM)sanantone Wrote: Where are they in this thread? This isn't about agreement; it's about stating facts and having sources. Ironically, I posted this same thread there, and it wasn't flooded with rude responses. I don't have problems with legitimate disagreements. It is annoying and silly that people are getting personally offended over penal and administrative codes and won't bother to fully read what's being presented before making unnecessary and illogical objections.

Some have commented and you were dismissive of them and quite rude to them. Many people don't want to announce to random strangers on the internet where they're located or who they really are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,126 04-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 297 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 370 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,479 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
  Updated List of MOOC Bachelors/Masters degrees bjcheung77 3 2,076 09-26-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Assessing the International Equivalency/acceptance of Online Degrees from the Big 3 Aimed 10 1,538 05-02-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: faresayari
  Online MSc Degrees - University of Bath UK bjcheung77 1 537 04-12-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: learnforlife
  InformaConnect Masters Degrees freeloader 4 1,169 02-25-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Life_One
  Some Master’s Degrees Are the Second Biggest Scam in Higher Education LevelUP 18 3,076 02-11-2023, 07:06 PM
Last Post: aslhou
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,298 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag