Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Graduate's Almanac
Check out what arrived today from UMPI! A graduation almanac, the pages are full of tips on how business dinner works, culture topics, etc, a great crash course on how corporate business life works. I love that it also includes a section on being an ally to the LGBTQ community! It also had confetti!

[Image: lWJtLW.md.jpg]
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 6 users Like ashkir's post:
  • harrypotter, Ideas, jch, MrBossmanJr, Pikachu, rachel83az
That sounds like it'd be useful for anyone! Too bad more schools don't have something like that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-10-2021, 12:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: That sounds like it'd be useful for anyone! Too bad more schools don't have something like that.

I agree! It's super cute and super progressive. 

As a gay individual myself, I truly appreciate how it underlines the fact to respect gays and to respect their lifestyles. Business is business and in the business world leave it at that.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • jch, Novo
I never knew they had such a thing! I've seen Almanac's before and I always thought they were like a "school agenda", you know what students will get for prep/review of their daily activities, like a calendar for daily activities and that sort of thing. I didn't know it would be that big of a guide book! Oh wait, on second look, it's not that huge at all...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-10-2021, 07:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I never knew they had such a thing!  I've seen Almanac's before and I always thought they were like a "school agenda", you know what students will get for prep/review of their daily activities, like a calendar for daily activities and that sort of thing.  I didn't know it would be that big of a guide book!  Oh wait, on second look, it's not that huge at all...

My camera angle was overhead, it's 175 pages :O
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
I almost want a UMPI degree solely for access to that almanac. Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
Don't want to copy/paste my quote, so I'll just link it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid336612
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That was in the 5x7 envelope I warned folks to be careful with opening last week. I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I ended up with a lapful of confetti in my car when I opened it. Did you get your wings?
(05-11-2021, 11:20 AM)ss20ts Wrote: That was in the 5x7 envelope I warned folks to be careful with opening last week. I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I ended up with a lapful of confetti in my car when I opened it. Did you get your wings?

LOL it got all over my boyfriends car too! hahahahaha. I was like oooh a thick envelope from school! 

No wings yet! Sad
(05-11-2021, 12:18 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 11:20 AM)ss20ts Wrote: That was in the 5x7 envelope I warned folks to be careful with opening last week. I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I ended up with a lapful of confetti in my car when I opened it. Did you get your wings?

LOL it got all over my boyfriends car too! hahahahaha. I was like oooh a thick envelope from school! 

No wings yet! Sad

My wings came in the package with my tassel, student official transcript, and diploma. I graduated in March.  Then I got another package with my gold cord for graduating Summa cum Laude. I'm trying to think if that's all of the packages I've received from UMPI. I feel like there were 4.....hmmmmm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate with honor Sara143 5 405 03-16-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate programs Taymass 5 854 11-19-2021, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Taymass