Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total cost of a Psycology degree?
dfrecore Wrote:TESU requires 6cr in Social Psych, you can take Ed4Credit's LL Social Psychology as the first half (it comes in as PSY-237).

oh wow, i must have missed that ed4credit's come in as LL. I thought there was some weird work around where someone had to take Aging and Society instead. This is good to know!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:oh wow, i must have missed that ed4credit's come in as LL. I thought there was some weird work around where someone had to take Aging and Society instead. This is good to know!

This just happened recently, previously TESU let you take Social Psych however you wanted, and then you had to make up the 3cr in an elective. At least there's a way to get that done without going through TESU though.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:This just happened recently, previously TESU let you take Social Psych however you wanted, and then you had to make up the 3cr in an elective. At least there's a way to get that done without going through TESU though.

Yeah I remember that, I just didn't realize it that it was such an easy solution as taking two different soc psych classes, one LL and one UL. makes sense of course, I just assumed both provider's courses would come in the same.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

dfrecore Wrote:Org Behavior is a Psych Elective, Social Psych comes in as the second half of the Social Psych requirement.

TESU requires 6cr in Social Psych, you can take Ed4Credit's LL Social Psychology as the first half (it comes in as PSY-237).

I think the only things you can't find inexpensively here is Ethics in the Social Sciences, and History & Systems of Psych. BUT, Study.com has said that they are working on those as well as Physiological Psych, so you should be able to get your entire Core/AOS through them if you want to.

It looks like History & Systems of Psych should be available on Coopersmith fairly inexpensively. Psychology

When was it that Study.com said they were working on those courses? I'm wondering if it's worth dragging my feet a little to take them or if it'll be years (in which case I would either take the course at TESU or just knock out the WGU degree first then do the Psych AOS stuff afterwords).
theonlyski Wrote:I'm wondering if it's worth dragging my feet a little to take them or if it'll be years (in which case I would either take the course at TESU or just knock out the WGU degree first then do the Psych AOS stuff afterwords).

Don't take it at TESU. It's like $1497.

Are you trying to get a business degree and a psych degree?

Hist and Sys sucks on Coopersmith. If you can wait, wait for Study.com

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Ideas Wrote:Are you trying to get a business degree and a psych degree?

Planning on the BA-Psychology from TESU and the BS-IT (Security) degree from WGU (basically the exact degrees that jsd either has or is working on).

I've got no specific order in mind other than I was planning on doing the BA first, but it sounds like it may behoove me to swap the order.
jsd Wrote:Hist and Sys sucks on Coopersmith. If you can wait, wait for Study.com

Thanks for the heads up. I'll reach out to Study.com and see where they are on those courses.
dfrecore Wrote:Since you have an AA, then you may have most of your Gen Ed credits, in which case Shmoop will not be helpful. If you post the credits you already have, that's helpful. I can create a degree plan for you to show the costs. Most of it is on the back end, so you'll need to save up in addition to the costs of the courses you need to take.
Well, the degrees I currently have are from QuÃbec colleges (Canada)—more accurately called CEGEPs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEGEP). We are obliged to go to CEGEP before we can go to university for an undergraduate. I have 1 technique CEGEP degree (3-year degree) and 2 AECs (diplomas).

Would that possibly count as credits, or they wouldn't be recognized at all?
Thanks for the help everyone. Trying to understand all the different parts of organizing a degree. Will definately come back to re-read this thread once I have a good understanding of how this works and once I start organizing my courses.

As a general approximation, and from reading the replies, I'm guessing a psychology degree could cost anywhere from $6000 USD—if well-organized and done rather quickly—to around $10 000 USD if you take more time. Would that be correct?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 478 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 765 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 950 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 374 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader