Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Totally Overwhelmed
Currently just registered with them...I guess I'm having trouble figuring out which CLEP(S) / DANTES exams will transfer over to my degree. I'm also going to take most if not all of the FEMA exams offered on their website in hopes that they transfer over some of those credits as Liberal Arts / Electives as well.
2oldforskewl Wrote:Currently just registered with them...I guess I'm having trouble figuring out which CLEP(S) / DANTES exams will transfer over to my degree. I'm also going to take most if not all of the FEMA exams offered on their website in hopes that they transfer over some of those credits as Liberal Arts / Electives as well.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]First, if COSC is right for you, fine - but also consider Excelsior College too. In most cases, EC accepts all (non-duplicate) credits (C or better although I've read that some D's have been accepted) and apply them to your transcript.

Second, please DO NOT believe that FEMA credits will earn you a degree. They can help fill up some electives (applied professional credits) but not the major/minor courses that are needed. I recall that I used just 7 FEMA credits to pad my credit level at the very end.

In any event I wish you well![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
:confused: Anyone have any experience with FEMA courses?
2oldforskewl Wrote::confused: Anyone have any experience with FEMA courses?

Have you used the "search" function at the top? There are a couple of huge threads on FEMA.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Thank you for the information and apologize for not being more involved in the forum, in the past few months I was laid-off of work and that delayed my education due to funds and then had the toughest time trying to remember the forum as all the information was at my office computer.

Anyway, I'm back on the horse sort of speak and have registered a community college here locally to get me re-acquainted with school and studying; However, I plan on transferring to either COSC, TESC or EC in the next coming months more than likely for spring semester...Is there anyway to find out which one of the 3 schools accepts more credits ? I think you may have answered some of this and my next question regarding to FEMA, I was simply looking to take some courses to get me a couple of extra credits just in case and at the very least I would have a certificate which may be a bonus in a job resume... Do I have to attend classes at any of these schools or can I still attend at my local Community college and still get credit at EC, COSC and/or TESC ? Thanks again

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here; intrigued, slightly confused and overwhelmed jobojoe285 29 1,669 04-19-2024, 06:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Overwhelmed Newbie! Where to start? CiggyTardust 15 3,251 01-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  I'm ready, but overwhelmed! sony732 31 5,339 09-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need a direction...overwhelmed dfsquare 3 1,661 10-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Which College?: New and Overwhelmed. SaebScholar 45 7,659 01-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SaebScholar
  Am I totally crazy?!?! (Information Systems CLEP helllppp!) katydid89 7 1,395 11-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  Overwhelmed(by all the different services for credit) TESUAbroad 4 895 09-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Overwhelmed by Biology CLEP, what do I do?? philippians4:8 21 11,092 08-18-2016, 10:11 PM
Last Post: philippians4:8
  Overwhelmed newbie needing degree plan advice please. icytwilight 7 1,244 06-24-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Overwhelmed and need help with a plan ftsfour1 1 746 01-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Last Post: JTP