Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcript headache
Was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and what can be done about it.
Several years ago I attended college for a short time period. I completed 4 classes for a total of 12 credits. My GPA for those classes was 4.0. I had started 2 other classes but withdrew from them both shortly after they started.
Now my transcripts show 6 classes. The 4 show up as they should. The other 2 show up as if I attempted them and got a 0 for everything.
The transcript says I have a 4.0 GPA average. When other schools get my transcripts they always include the other 2 classes and it drops my GPA. I have asked the original school to delete those 2 classes but they won't.
At the moment Pierpoint is showing my GPA as a 2.667. I still have another transcript that will have 2 additional classes and a 4.0 GPA. The rest are going to be ACE courses so I am still looking at a low GPA.
What would you do in this situation?
The issue is that a school will never just delete courses - ever. Instead, you need to see if you can get them to change the grades to W's, rather than F's (I assume that you got F's, because other things shouldn't be included in your GPA). If you can show that you withdrew in the correct period of time, then they have a mistake on their end, and they should fix it. An email showing that you withdrew, and a copy of the catalog showing the correct withdrawal date would work.

If you did not withdraw in time, or don't have proof, then just know that the more graded courses you have, the less a single (or two) bad grades mean.

Also, what do you need your GPA for? For instance, if you just want to go to one of the Big 3, or WGU, and get a BA degree, then GPA isn't going to stop you. If you want to go to a prestigious law school, then it will. So, determine if you actually NEED a high GPA before worrying about it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It doesn't show an f, doesn't show any letter grade, it's a blank spot there. It just says the attempted hours, quality hours, and that type of stuff. When I was enrolled with Ashford they ignored those classes and it kept the 4.0 GPA.
The transcript is from Western International University. I took the classes through Axia, an undergraduate school of the University of Phoenix back in 05-06. University of Phoenix has no records of me ever attending. WIU just has what was sent to them back then.
I don't really care about the GPA. I mean if it drops because I don't do good in a class then I am fine with that. It does bug me when it is wrong though.
I guess I could speak to Pierpoint and see if they would look at the reported GPA instead of the classes.
(05-17-2018, 02:46 PM)xjarhead1999 Wrote: It doesn't show an f, doesn't show any letter grade, it's a blank spot there. It just says the attempted hours, quality hours, and that type of stuff. When I was enrolled with Ashford they ignored those classes and it kept the 4.0 GPA.
The transcript is from Western International University. I took the classes through Axia, an undergraduate school of the University of Phoenix back in 05-06. University of Phoenix has no records of me ever attending. WIU just has what was sent to them back then.
I don't really care about the GPA. I mean if it drops because I don't do good in a class then I am fine with that. It does bug me when it is wrong though.
I guess I could speak to Pierpoint and see if they would look at the reported GPA instead of the classes.

Normally, if a transcript is wrong, you can get it fixed.  No grade wouldn't normally be included in a GPA - but obviously they didn't "code" it to show that it was dropped in time, and no grade should be computed (I have classes where I withdrew in time, and they don't use those in the GPA calc at any school I've transferred to over 30 years).

Most schools won't calculate things based on what you want them to, so you probably won't have much luck at Pierpont with that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Only the original school can fix it. I agree with the advice above, try to get them marked as W. Anyway, I don't think it's going to matter what Pierpont lists for the incoming grades so long as you don't drop below some level that would keep you from graduating.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I agree with Dave and Dfrecore's suggestions. I'm confused why you didn't get a W, because a withdrawal -though appearing on a transcript- doesn't impact GPA. Occasionally I've seen FW (failure to withdrawal) but also no GPA impact. There is literally NOTHING in that slot? No letter grade, nothing???? I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact your OG college and find out why it's blank. I feel like there might be a missing piece to the puzzle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 295 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 552 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,216 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,213 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,760 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Transcript Designations vintage_jacket 2 579 09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  My master "Omni Transcript" jsd 26 6,406 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
Lightbulb "Arizona State Wants to Revolutionize the College Transcript" jsd 6 1,308 08-12-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Admissions/Transcript issues *ugh* Vle045 12 1,557 07-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Templates: High School/Home School Diploma & Transcript bjcheung77 1 1,088 06-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Last Post: P226mem