Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcripts, TESU and exam credits
So I'm looking at applying to TESU for a BSBA, and I have a couple of questions about the transcripts I will need to send to them.

1) TESU's website says "Send transcripts from all the colleges and/or universities you have attended." Do I really have to send transcripts from schools whose credits I'm not using for my degree?

2) I previously got a BA from Excelsior using a bunch of credits from CLEP, DSST, and GRE-Subject exams. Would TESU accept the credits based on my Excelsior transcript, or will I have to send them transcripts from the exam providers themselves?

Basically, I'm trying to save money by sending fewer transcripts. If I have to send TESU everything separately, I'm looking at 10 transcripts -- that adds up!
bghill Wrote:So I'm looking at applying to TESU for a BSBA, and I have a couple of questions about the transcripts I will need to send to them.

1) TESU's website says "Send transcripts from all the colleges and/or universities you have attended." Do I really have to send transcripts from schools whose credits I'm not using for my degree? I would, you never know what will count or if they will add it all to one transcript for you. Does it hurt to send them? No.

2) I previously got a BA from Excelsior using a bunch of credits from CLEP, DSST, and GRE-Subject exams. Would TESU accept the credits based on my Excelsior transcript, or will I have to send them transcripts from the exam providers themselves?You Need to Send them there own CLEP Transcript. I would pay the money to have CLEP send the transcript to ACE(if your using those credits too) and then have ACE send TESU the transcript.

Basically, I'm trying to save money by sending fewer transcripts. If I have to send TESU everything separately, I'm looking at 10 transcripts -- that adds up!Why? Does all your schools charge for transcripts?

Not sure why sending transcript are such a big deal. I must be lucky and go to a school that charges 0 to send an official transcript. If you went to the school and paid them money for classes, the transcript should be free imho. Either way you want to make sure TESU gives you max credits and for some strange reason find out you withheld credits from another school and that becomes an issue. Your best approach for this would be to call the school and ask them for sure if they want ALL transcripts or only the ones you intend on using for credit.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Not sure why sending transcript are such a big deal. I must be lucky and go to a school that charges 0 to send an official transcript. If you went to the school and paid them money for classes, the transcript should be free imho. Either way you want to make sure TESU gives you max credits and for some strange reason find out you withheld credits from another school and that becomes an issue. Your best approach for this would be to call the school and ask them for sure if they want ALL transcripts or only the ones you intend on using for credit.

Every school I've gone to charges for a transcript after the first 2. So yes, it can add up for people who have a lot of transcripts to send.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes, my transcript total is over $100. To save some money, don't bother ordering the record for the GRE Subject Exam, since TESU has never awarded credit for it.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Thanks for the heads-up about the GRE! Luckily I don't need those credits anyway.

And yes, everywhere I've gotten credits from charges for transcripts. And there are several where I took one or two courses and they're not going to apply to any of the requirements for my degree, so it seems like throwing away money to send them unless I absolutely have to.
All the schools I've taken courses through charge for each and every transcript request, none free. It does add up after a while. I'm just glad ACE finally lowered their transcript fee to something more reasonable, I've already paid them plenty $.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
TESU won't accept your CLEP and DSST scores based on the Excelsior transcript, you'll have to send those transcripts. I don't see why you need to send transcripts for schools that you aren't using credits from. I know that my Master's program was sticky about that, but I don't think TESU is...I could be wrong about that, though.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I don't think TESU has a hard rule about this, because you can continue to send transcripts as you go. I did not send my ACE transcript at the beginning, because I didn't want to pay the money. They just do an eval and then if you send in more transcripts later, they re-evaluate.

I wouldn't waste the money now, and then later when you're closer to graduation, I guess I would ask them if you need to send transcripts for schools you're not going to use and see what they say.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sounds good to me.

I've gotten the impression that masters programs are often sticky about it because they have GPA requirements for admission. That certainly isn't the case with TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,289 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore