Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Evaluation UMPI
(03-19-2021, 02:06 AM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote: Okay here is my Transcript Eval, I emailed Jessica and she's making some changes, she confirms for some reason some courses were not added and some are still not showing like the cleps and 3 other courses; shes fixing this.

Classes Missing on the transcript:
College Algebra (MDC)
Organizational Behavior (UW) (due to sending the transcript before finish term)
Marketing Foundation (UW) (due to sending the transcript before finish term)

Also missing CLEP for Spanish I and II

Classes I'm taking at Sophia since I'm not starting until Summer, she gave me the okay to do as much as I can.
  • Environmental Science 
  • Business Law 
  • Accounting 
  • Finance 
Straighterline (due to some coupons I have free for two courses)
  • History II (taking at Straighterline, scheduled the final)
  • Anthropology (taking at Straighterline, scheduled the final)
Also, i can get the membership for Study.com half off, I was wondering if i should take some courses there? or don't bother.

any other recommendations? if my plan work i will have to complete 50% of my degree at UMPI what are the changes of finishing this year?

Hi, don't bother with Study.com, StraighterLine is a lifesaver, and it's great that you have a coupon for two free courses. If you're able to take more classes at StraighterLine go for it, you can knock out classes super fast at StraighterLine!
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemokg's post:
  • Pikachu
Do take BIO at Straighterline or Study.com if you're not enrolling in UMPI Yet. It'd be easier. Trust me lol
(04-15-2021, 03:48 PM)ashkir Wrote: Do take BIO at Straighterline or Study.com if you're not enrolling in UMPI Yet. It'd be easier. Trust me lol

What was hard about the BIO lab at UMPI?  Long, hard, or both?
Sad 
(04-15-2021, 03:48 PM)ashkir Wrote: Do take BIO at Straighterline or Study.com if you're not enrolling in UMPI Yet. It'd be easier. Trust me lol

@ Ashkir - Since you suggested BIO 105 .I have a question?
 Started Biology 105: Anatomy & Physiology  at SDC to Transfer into UMPI to satisfy BIO  [Image: sad.png]I don't see a link to virtual LAB 

The course contains quizzes and proctored exams. There is no link for the labs.
If there is a lab?-  Am i taking the right course?

Then please share any  details for link to virtual Lab. 
University of Maine at Presque Isle

- - - - Degrees Awarded - - - - -

Graduate: Masters Organizational Leadership (MAOL)
Degree Honors| Summa Cum Laude| Deans List
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Plan| Business Administration Major
Plan| Project Management
Degree Honors: Cum Laude
[Image: AlumniLogo600-300x300.jpg]

That's not the right course. You need Biology 101L at SDC.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu, tpowell
@tpowell, that's the wrong course. You need the Biology 101L, this course has a virtual lab. On a side note, did you complete all the required Sophia.org courses already? It would be advantageous to finish everything from Sophia.org first otherwise you're paying membership for two providers. Did you also finish the required American Government from InstantCertCredit.com as well and/or the Spanish 1 requirement?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-03-2021, 07:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @tpowell, that's the wrong course.  You need the Biology 101L, this course has a virtual lab.   On a side note, did you complete all the required Sophia.org courses already?  It would be advantageous to finish everything from Sophia.org first otherwise you're paying membership for two providers.  Did you also finish the required American Government from InstantCertCredit.com as well and/or the Spanish 1 requirement?

@bjcheng77-  Yes ! I followed your guidance and did most Sophia course, 69 transferred so far into UMPI- 
Just awaiting updated transfer Eval from TESU , in fact i got it today in my email- After others below appear on UMPI  revised Eval attach. I will do cost benefit analysis , then decide which School at the end of June. 
- UMPI  Eval still missing a few course. Jessica will add the  below and update next week. Btw ! requested a waiver to satisfy MAT104 using all three  Sophia (College Algebra, Foundation Of Statistics, Intro to Statistic) and was successful. 
  • Intro to Rational Data Base- Missing
  • History 1- Missing
  •  Principles of Finance (FIN1001)- Missing Jessica need your help placing?
  •  US History I (HIST1001)- Missing Jessica need your help placing?
  •   Accounting (ACCT1001)- Should satisfy UMPI Bus 150 Intro to Financial Accounting (missing)
  • Spanish I- This should satisfy UMPI Foreign Language GEC
  •   Biology 101L:  - This should satisfy UMPI Bio GEC. > working
  •    Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior- This should satisfy UMPI Bus GEC , I think @ Ashkir or rachel83az ?? rachel83az

(06-03-2021, 08:40 PM)tpowell Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 07:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @tpowell, that's the wrong course.  You need the Biology 101L, this course has a virtual lab.   On a side note, did you complete all the required Sophia.org courses already?  It would be advantageous to finish everything from Sophia.org first otherwise you're paying membership for two providers.  Did you also finish the required American Government from InstantCertCredit.com as well and/or the Spanish 1 requirement?

@bjcheng77-  Yes ! I followed your guidance and did most Sophia course, 69 transferred so far into UMPI- 
Just awaiting updated transfer Eval from TESU , in fact i got it today in my email- After others below appear on UMPI  revised Eval attach. I will do cost benefit analysis , then decide which School at the end of June. 
- UMPI  Eval still missing a few course. Jessica will add the  below and update next week. Btw ! requested a waiver to satisfy MAT104 using all three  Sophia (College Algebra, Foundation Of Statistics, Intro to Statistic) and was successful. 
  • History 1- Missing
  •   Accounting (ACCT1001)- Should satisfy UMPI Bus 150 Intro to Financial Accounting (missing)
  •    Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior- This should satisfy UMPI Bus GEC , I think @ Ashkir or rachel83az ?? rachel83az

I didn't do American Gov - Ugg! I try and  knock this out before July 5 start date.

Plan| Project Management

[-] The following 1 user Likes tpowell's post:
  • Pikachu
tpowell Wrote:I didn't do American Gov - Ugg! I try and  knock this out before July 5 start date.

You don't have to rush into taking things, such as this course. You do whatever you can, it's best to take your time to make sure you get it done. So, if you don't finish or start this course, it's alright, you just need to get permission to add the course into your degree plan first before you begin. Just to let you know, COSC/TESU, UMPI/WGU, etc, all require a minimum 30 RA credits, with WGU/UMPI it's completed at that institution...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-03-2021, 07:31 PM)tpowell Wrote:

Started Biology 105: Anatomy & Physiology  at SDC to Transfer into UMPI to satisfy BIO  [Image: sad.png]I don't see a link to virtual LAB 

You need to take the intro to biology with lab course to fulfill the GEC requirement. Anatomy and physiology will probably still transfer in for a gen ed but not the lab science requirement. All of the science classes on Study.com do not have a lab available.

• History 1- Missing

Are these courses you still need to complete at UMPI? 

US History 1 on Sophia would fill History 1
You need to take Financial Management at UMPI. The Sophia course does not transfer as Financial Management.
The Accounting course on Sophia transfers in as Financial Accounting at UMPI.
Spanish I you can take at UMPI or take from InstantCert and transfer it in.

There is not a Bus GEC. What are you trying to transfer this in for? What degree are you going for?
(06-03-2021, 10:00 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 07:31 PM)tpowell Wrote:

You need to take the intro to biology with lab course to fulfill the GEC requirement. Anatomy and physiology will probably still transfer in for a gen ed but not the lab science requirement. All of the science classes on Study.com do not have a lab available.

• History 1- Missing

Are these courses you still need to complete at UMPI? 

US History 1 on Sophia would fill History 1
You need to take Financial Management at UMPI. The Sophia course does not transfer as Financial Management.
The Accounting course on Sophia transfers in as Financial Accounting at UMPI.
Spanish I you can take at UMPI or take from InstantCert and transfer it in.

There is not a Bus GEC. What are you trying to transfer this in for? What degree are you going for?

I have already taken all the above courses- Except 

Plan| Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 48 4,445 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 174 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 166 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 218 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 368 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 850 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 266 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,464 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 200 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 942 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM