Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble keeping Ethics Info Straight
Ugh! I am having trouble keeping all of the theorists for Ethics in America straight and, most importantly, remembering what each believed. I'm getting some of it, but I feel like I have a way to go, and I'm taking the test either Monday or Tuesday. Did anyone else have this trouble?

Umm, I'm also wondering about how long most studied for this test. I've given myself about a week (total). I hope I haven't misjudged here.

I really want to pass this exam. I feel like I'm trying to cram a lot of information in my head in a short period of time.

Did anyone else have this trouble?

Donna
Yes, I am having the same issue, but I feel that I'm ready enough for a pass. It is much information, but many people are telling me it's not that bad. Take the plungeBig Grin Just Relax, and remember, it's just a test. Everything will work out. Good Luck
I am having the same prob... at this point I am trying to just do the flash cards....
Thank you for the other post about 3-4 weeks for the results...
Are there flash cards on IC? I only saw the questions. I've made up some flash cards of my own and have some from Pass your class, but did not know of any others. If there are additional flash cards on IC, could you let me know? I can use all the help I can get!

Thanks! ... and good luck on your test, too.

Donna
Donna709 Wrote:Are there flash cards on IC? I only saw the questions. I've made up some flash cards of my own and have some from Pass your class, but did not know of any others. If there are additional flash cards on IC, could you let me know? I can use all the help I can get!

Thanks! ... and good luck on your test, too.

Donna

Donna, the Flash Cards are the format of IC's questions for the courses it covers. Fill in the blank for each question then continue to the detailed explanation.
Hi,

I would highly recommend the flashcards and the videos and podcasts listed in the specific test section. I took the EC Ethics and Theory exam about 2 weeks ago and passed with a B after only about a week of studying. The video lectures and podcasts did the best for me as it really helped me understand the theories with real world examples. I highly recommend the EC practice exams if you are taking their exam. They were also a great help in understanding the format of the questions. You have to really be able to apply the theories. Good luck!
I'm studying for Ethics right now and I'm finding it really helps that I took Western Civ I and some Art History years ago. The subject matter all hangs together. Even if you aren't planning to take those, maybe looking over some books/videos on the subject would help you put it in context. This book was inexpensive and good enough that I'll probably keep it. There's also a book called Passion of the Western Mind that puts a lot of the basics of Philosophy in perspective, and keeps it interesting IMO. If I were having trouble keeping it straight I would probably make a big table with the people, their ideas, the timeline, and key events.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
When I first started to study for Ethics I was thrown off by the wording ( axiological, deontelogical,teleological, etc) so I looked up the latin meanings ( eg: deon =duty, Axio = worth) and once I understood the meaning of those words it was easier for me to learn the rest.

Also I focused on learning one school of thought at a time (eg: deontelogical) before moving onto the next.

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)
I took the test on Monday of last week. If you know the IC questions and answers, you will be fine. I studied IC and a little of Petersons Q&A. Some of the stuff I didnt recognize like the Belmont Report, and some questions about Jesus talking on a Mountain. The rest of the stuff is IC and Petersons. I'll receive my results in a couple weeks but I know I did very well. Honestly, if you know IC, the test will be easy. Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 655 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,066 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  College Rankings Are in Trouble. Do Their Users Care? LevelUP 7 734 04-27-2023, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 758 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  RBA Degree Info? learningthehardway 17 2,383 05-12-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  What Straight-A Students Get Wrong LevelUP 4 682 05-11-2022, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 634 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Is SACS in trouble? Alpha 2 780 08-19-2021, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 779 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 2,967 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az