Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Degrees from COSC
Hi there:

How much more difficult is it to get two degrees from COSC - say a BSBA and then a BS in Psychology?

Thanks!
It's not that much more difficult. It'll be an extra 30 credits in Psychology on top of the BSBA. The UL should mostly be available from Study.com if not all... the cost would be roughly $70/course for 10 courses and then you need an extra capstone at about $1200. Total, roughly $2000 for an extra COSC BA Psychology. I think that's a good deal if you have the extra energy/money/time.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • TheMaskedMutant
It's not that hard but iirc you have to ask them for permission so be sure to do that
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

You also have to make sure you can get all the Psych courses they require - their psych degree is somewhat different than TESU's.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I was looking at TESU, but then I realized something - they only accept a limited amount of credits that are older. Some of my college credits were from 1998-2000.

Looks like I may be doing COSC.
(06-11-2019, 03:41 PM)jeremyeugenejames Wrote: I was looking at TESU, but then I realized something - they only accept a limited amount of credits that are older.  Some of my college credits were from 1998-2000.

Looks like I may be doing COSC.

They only accept a limited number of older credits in the MAJOR, and only for certain degrees.  I don't think there's a DOC requirement for the Psych degree. And for a second degree, you need 24 NEW credits anyway, this shouldn't be a problem.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I had originally uploaded my transcripts earlier this year, but then, I had some life happen. (Don't we all?)

Anyway, I was wondering if it were now quicker for COSC than TESU.

Where I work presents opportunities with both a Psych and a Business related degree, but the business degree interests me more.

I just read about the Psych degree, and thought, if I got my Business degree, the Psych degree may give me upward mobility in another area.

Have there been many (or any) in completing a BSBA through TESU or COSC in the past 5 months?

Thnaks!
(06-11-2019, 03:52 PM)jeremyeugenejames Wrote: I had originally uploaded my transcripts earlier this year, but then, I had some life happen.  (Don't we all?)

Anyway, I was wondering if it were now quicker for COSC than TESU.

Where I work presents opportunities with both a Psych and a Business related degree, but the business degree interests me more.

I just read about the Psych degree, and thought, if I got my Business degree, the Psych degree may give me upward mobility in another area.

Have there been many (or any) in completing a BSBA through TESU or COSC in the past 5 months?

Thnaks!

Tons of people get their BSBA from TESU regularly on here.  Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Not much has changed in the last few months at TESU (maybe the cornerstone requirement?).  Nothing has changed at COSC.
Once one finishes their external credits (Study.com, etc.,) how quick to finish at TESU/COSC for a BSBA?

Thanks again!
(06-11-2019, 04:16 PM)jeremyeugenejames Wrote: Once one finishes their external credits (Study.com, etc.,) how quick to finish at TESU/COSC for a BSBA?

Thanks again!

For TESU, you'll need an eval, I suggest registering for and taking the cornerstone as soon as you can (I think you're able to do that around 3 business days after application).  Then, around a month after TESU received your first transcript, your eval will be complete, and you can register for the cornerstone if you have all of your courses complete and are doing your cornerstone.  You can apply for graduation when you're partway through your Capstone.  Not sure of exact timing, I would say 6-8 months.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,944 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,857 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,397 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,094 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,339 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,780 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,248 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,914 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,665 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso