Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Open Book Finals
FYI, These are not all correct. The syllabus conflicted with this info for one of my classes (not positive which one, I don't have access to my acct any longer) The syllabus said I could use the book and the details by course page below said closed book. So I signed into ProctorU expecting to have to defend my book but they obviously had the syllabus information and it was no issue. I don't know if there are any others but just something to keep in mind
Kgaul Wrote:FYI, These are not all correct. The syllabus conflicted with this info for one of my classes (not positive which one, I don't have access to my acct any longer) The syllabus said I could use the book and the details by course page below said closed book. So I signed into ProctorU expecting to have to defend my book but they obviously had the syllabus information and it was no issue. I don't know if there are any others but just something to keep in mind

Good to know! On the 10 or so my son has taken, this link has been accurate, fortunately.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
(03-20-2017, 02:38 PM)cookiecandle Wrote: For Straighterline courses that allow open-book finals using an ebook, is it okay to use ctrl + f during the proctored tests to search through the book? Also, is Adobe Acrobat Reader fine to use for the finals? I'd be willing to use the ebooks that come with the courses too instead of PDF files if the same basic functions are offered.
I just took the US History 2 exam and I specifically asked the ProctorU proctor what was allowed and what wasn’t. Ctrl+f is allowable as is ctrl+c&v. Also allowable is the use of those little flash cards in the flash card button within the textbook itself. I made sure to specifically ask about those because I uploaded every single question that was on the prior tests and midterm into the flash cards. She told me that if it’s a feature provided or that works within the textbook then it’s allowed. Hope this helps!!
(02-22-2020, 06:04 PM)Chelseynicole910 Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 02:38 PM)cookiecandle Wrote: For Straighterline courses that allow open-book finals using an ebook, is it okay to use ctrl + f during the proctored tests to search through the book? Also, is Adobe Acrobat Reader fine to use for the finals? I'd be willing to use the ebooks that come with the courses too instead of PDF files if the same basic functions are offered.
I just took the US History 2 exam and I specifically asked the ProctorU proctor what was allowed and what wasn’t. Ctrl+f is allowable as is ctrl+c&v. Also allowable is the use of those little flash cards in the flash card button within the textbook itself. I made sure to specifically ask about those because I uploaded every single question that was on the prior tests and midterm into the flash cards. She told me that if it’s a feature provided or that works within the textbook then it’s allowed. Hope this helps!!

Good to know, thanks!
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

Use the built in search feature in the ebooks, also use the glossary that helps alot! Also open a new browser, one browser will have the test and the other the book. I would copy the question and search in the book. Assuming you have a big enough monitor to snap them and make this work. The proctors are very cool about this, ive never had an issue doing this method.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rckola911's post:
  • cwendy111

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 414 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 103 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,771 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 264 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 274 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 669 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 416 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 583 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,124 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com vs. StraighterLine bjcheung77 2 1,056 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: jsh1138