Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BLS MIS Plan Suggestions
Hello Everyone,

I was recently accepted into UMPI's BLS Management Information System program. As I prepare for my journey there I am building a degree plan. I currently have 57 credits from previous coursework. I have attached a rough plan and a part of the transcript evaluation that was given to me. Suggestions are welcomed and advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
.png   UMPI BLS MIS Part 1.png (Size: 59.53 KB / Downloads: 68)
.png   UMPI BLS Part 2.png (Size: 83.72 KB / Downloads: 60)
I wouldn't pay for Study for Eng Comp, HUM103, or American Gov. They're short quick classes at UMPI. Spanish is no longer available on InstantCert, but it is on Sophia. Sophia's Business Law transfers as UL. You can take some UL courses on Study. You need to take the majority of those 24UL credits in the general electives from UMPI.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • KSoul, origamishuttle, Pikachu
(08-16-2022, 02:59 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I wouldn't pay for Study for Eng Comp, HUM103, or American Gov. They're short quick classes at UMPI. Spanish is no longer available on InstantCert, but it is on Sophia. Sophia's Business Law transfers as UL. You can take some UL courses on Study. You need to take the majority of those 24UL credits in the general electives from UMPI.

Great advice, thanks! I'm currently trying to knock out some general electives because I am already paying for study.com. I plan on taking their upper level computer science electives soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BreeW78's post:
  • ss20ts
(08-16-2022, 02:37 PM)BreeW78 Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I was recently accepted into UMPI's BLS Management Information System program. As I prepare for my journey there I am building a degree plan. I currently have 57 credits from previous coursework. I have attached a rough plan and a part of the transcript evaluation that was given to me. Suggestions are welcomed and advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Could you provide me the full list of courses which shows the courses can be transferred? I am going to apply.
(08-20-2022, 11:53 AM)nguyenquocbuu Wrote:

Could you provide me the full list of courses which shows the courses can be transferred? I am going to apply.

Sophia: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
Study.com: https://study.com/college/school/umpi.html
Other sources: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ivalencies
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
carrythenothing Wrote:
nguyenquocbuu Wrote:Could you provide me the full list of courses which shows the courses can be transferred? I am going to apply.

Sophia: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
Study.com: https://study.com/college/school/umpi.html
Other sources: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ivalencies

@nguyenquocbuu, And if you wanted to see a degree plan, here's the link I referred you in the previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid367356
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-20-2022, 11:53 AM)nguyenquocbuu Wrote:

I don’t have the full list of courses. I attached the list of courses I have completed and/or still need to complete. The completed courses were taken at study.com, sophia, or instant credit.

Attached Files
.jpeg   7B732405-9C33-4852-B3B7-9FF6E0B4DD6E.jpeg (Size: 214.91 KB / Downloads: 21)
.jpeg   435CE0FB-7CB3-4D1D-ACA2-6881A475713A.jpeg (Size: 274.67 KB / Downloads: 18)
Do they show their class requirements for the BLS-MIS degree anywhere? It appears you have to apply, and then they tell you what classes you need to get the degree (based on your transfers and work experience).
pluggingalong Wrote:Do they show their class requirements for the BLS-MIS degree anywhere?  It appears you have to apply, and then they tell you what classes you need to get the degree (based on your transfers and work experience).

If you're looking for a business degree with both Project Management & Info Systems, here's a wiki template: UMPI BABA PM & IS
There's a degree plan template on the WIKI for a BLS MIS too if you're looking at something simple: UMPI BLS MIS
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-19-2022, 07:31 PM)pluggingalong Wrote: Do they show their class requirements for the BLS-MIS degree anywhere?  It appears you have to apply, and then they tell you what classes you need to get the degree (based on your transfers and work experience).

Have you looked at their website? 

https://online.umpi.edu/degrees/undergra...ems-minor/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 153 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 145 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 46 4,312 03-25-2024, 08:54 PM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 204 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 840 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 258 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,353 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 198 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 931 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  AI in UMPI him22 16 1,248 03-09-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ares