Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Virtual Ceremony No Pic or Quote
Hey all. Happy Virtual Graduation Day!

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues. Due to financial constraints, I wasn't able to fly out for the in-person ceremony, so I opted for virtual. I submitted my pic/quote for the virtual graduation ceremony that was to be released on UMPI's YouTube page today and was pretty sad to see that neither were listed, only my name, degree, and distinction.

We were planning a graduation celebration coming up in a couple of weeks when all family could be present, but it was disappointing to not see the pic/quote on the screen.

I did shoot Lisa an email and asked if something maybe happened or didn't get approved? Idk.

Anyone else experiencing this?
ETA: This thread was merged.
Original title: UMPI Computer Science and Cybersecurity Virtual Graduates

I'm not sure if this has any implications for YourPace students, but it's exciting to see nonetheless!

ETA: The new degrees are announced at 41:13 - Try this link: 2023 Virtual Graduation - YouTube
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • AboNad
Just went to the Youtube version of this and there's a comment! Wow, that person persisted and completed their degree after 40 years!

Thank you UMPI team. 1983 to 2023....its been quite a journey from the first college credit to receiving this degree
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • AboNad, Infinite-Telephone52, origamishuttle, ss20ts
[-] The following 3 users Like Mr T's post:
  • origamishuttle, rachel83az, Vle045
(06-05-2023, 11:29 PM)Mr T Wrote: also bagged that 1 free credit library research class at Clackamas Community College.  

Me too! Although for me it was my first college course. I really liked it!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(06-03-2023, 12:16 PM)AboNad Wrote: Hey all. Happy Virtual Graduation Day!

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues. Due to financial constraints, I wasn't able to fly out for the in-person ceremony, so I opted for virtual. I submitted my pic/quote for the virtual graduation ceremony that was to be released on UMPI's YouTube page today and was pretty sad to see that neither were listed, only my name, degree, and distinction.

We were planning a graduation celebration coming up in a couple of weeks when all family could be present, but it was disappointing to not see the pic/quote on the screen.

I did shoot Lisa an email and asked if something maybe happened or didn't get approved? Idk.

My pic and quote were on screen. Did you meet the deadline for submission in April?
(06-07-2023, 10:02 PM)dsec2013 Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 12:16 PM)AboNad Wrote: Hey all. Happy Virtual Graduation Day!

My pic and quote were on screen. Did you meet the deadline for submission in April?

Glad to hear yours were able to get up there!

Yeah, I double-checked in my email to make sure it went through and responses were received by the deadline- all was well there. Not really sure what happened.

Haven't heard back from Lisa yet, but I also included in the email another query with regard to parchment not able to locate my degree, despite finishing in December - so that along with all of her other duties I'm sure she is tackling, may be delaying a response.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 38 9 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 73 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 48 Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Last Post: valentvne
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,220 Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,373 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 438 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 322 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 290 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 420 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 63,063 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78