Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI YourPace ACE (Sophia) Transcript Results
I need to learn it first . It looks like i have to

(12-17-2020, 05:52 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 05:49 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: The big issue for me with UMPI is a foreign language course. It can take some time to get it done if u have 0 knowledge

The foreign language course is only required for History. The business majors didn't require it for me. Smile

Plus everything at UMPI is open book
Do u say Business Administration doesnt require foreign language? What about liberal Arts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • ashkir
(12-17-2020, 05:54 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I need to learn it first . It looks like i have to

(12-17-2020, 05:49 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: The big issue for me with UMPI is a foreign language course. It can take some time to get it done if u have 0 knowledge

The foreign language course is only required for History. The business majors didn't require it for me. Smile

Do u say Business Administration doesnt require foreign language? What about liberal Arts?

History & Political Science requires 4 language classes. The others don't seem to require any.

https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ba-busi...rship.aspx

UMPI is very up front about what classes you need to take. You can view all the majors and what classes / view descriptions of them. If you find an equivelent one you can possibly transfer it. They do not like Sophia's Human Biology so skip that one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu
Ok thanks for explanation
UMPI is very responsive to feedback & criticism. if you don't like a requirement they have, and you can make a reasonable suggestion for an alternative to fulfill that requirement, they will work with you.

They offer French and Spanish in their learning platform. I'll be taking my language in January.

(12-17-2020, 07:20 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 05:54 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I need to learn it first . It looks like i have to

History & Political Science requires 4 language classes. The others don't seem to require any.

UMPI is very up front about what classes you need to take. You can view all the majors and what classes / view descriptions of them. If you find an equivelent one you can possibly transfer it. They do not like Sophia's Human Biology so skip that one.

Actually EVERYONE is REQUIRED to take a semester of a foreign language. It is part of the GEC which is their gen eds. They offer 2 languages in the platform. Spanish was added this fall. You can also transfer in a foreign language. InstantCart and Study both offer Spanish.

This is the GEC and everyone must complete this. Ashkir has some exemptions due to a disability.

http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....3&poid=239
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
(12-17-2020, 07:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

They offer French and Spanish in their learning platform. I'll be taking my language in January.

(12-17-2020, 07:20 PM)ashkir Wrote:

Actually EVERYONE is REQUIRED to take a semester of a foreign language. It is part of the GEC which is their gen eds. They offer 2 languages in the platform. Spanish was added this fall. You can also transfer in a foreign language. InstantCart and Study both offer Spanish.
That's really interesting. They aren't requiring it for me at all. I just checked. What part of your GEC is it under?
Ashkir, they waved the foreign language due to your hearing impairment. The final assessment has an oral component. Everyone else is required to complete a foreign language. It's on the GEC link I shared.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
Thanks a lot for update. So language is a must. I wonder will they accept any language as credit transfer?
(12-17-2020, 07:51 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Thanks a lot for update. So language is a must. I wonder will they accept any language as credit transfer?

They offer a number of languages on campus so they are probably open to more than French and Spanish. Where are you thinking of completing a foreign language from? UMPI offers every course required for their degrees so technically you don't need to transfer anything in. If I remember correctly, you're a foreign student, right? You would need to send everything through WES to apply. I looked into their international acceptance for you and they were open to foreign students.
I inquired about foreign language. It wasn't required for me not for my hearing impairment, it was because my previous transcript from California High School system (UMPI required my high school transcript) I met their states foreign language law and wasn't forced to take it, because I took it in high school lol. didn't know that was a thing

Edit: High school foreign language can count as a PLA Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 204 2 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 150 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 5 119 Today, 12:35 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 131 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 265 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 265 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 164 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 296 04-19-2024, 03:17 PM
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,517 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,444 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley