Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI YourPace ACE (Sophia) Transcript Results
UMPI YourPace was very generous with my ACE transcript full of Sophia classes. Take a look:

Sophia is in Bold > UMPI Class transferred in as
Accounting > BUS 150 Intro to Financial Accounting
Ancient Greek Philosophers > PHI 1XX Philosophy Elective
Approaches to Studying Religions > ANT 1XX Anthropology Elective
Art History I > ART 211 Art History I
Art History II > ART 212 Art History II
Business Law > BUS 350 Business Law I*
College Algebra > MAT 117 College Algebra
Conflict Resolution > BUS 210 Organizational Communication
Developing Effective Teams > BUS 1XX Business Elective
English Composition I > ENG 101 College Composition
English Composition II > ENG 121 College Composition II
Environmental Science > ENV 110 Intro to Environmental Science
Foundations of Statistics > MAT 1XX Math Elective
Human Biology > BIO 103 Human Biology
Introduction to Business > BUS 101 Introduction to Business
Introduction to Ethics > PHI 152 Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Information Technology > COS 103 Intro to Information Tech
Introduction to Psychology > PSY 100 General Psychology
Introduction to Sociology > SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology
Introduction to Statistics > MAT 101 Basic Statistics
Macroeconomics > ECO 1XX Economics elective**
Microeconomics > ECO 207 Macro & Micro Economics**
Principles of Finance > BUS 1XX Business Elective
Project Management > BUS 141 Intro Project Mgmt/MS Projects
The Essentials of Managing Conflict > BUS 1XX Business Elective
U.S. History I > HTY 161 United States History I
U.S. History II > HTY 162 United States History II
Visual Communications >  COM 1XX General Elective

*Not a typo, Business Law came in as UPPER LEVEL!
**Both Microeconomics and Macroecomics are needed. 3 Credits for the requirement and 3 will be given as a generic Economics Elective. The official transfer report shows that Microeconomics was the one that fulfilled the requirement.
[-] The following 9 users Like ashkir's post:
  • carebear_007, crotique, DolceDolce, iggydawn, Life Long Learning, nomaduser, Pikachu, rachel83az, ss20ts
Way to go! Hmm, weird, I always thought they had a limit or a residency requirement of 25%. Do you have an evaluation of your other ACE credits that are not from Sophia.org? I am curious how those went. Did they also give you an action plan of remaining degree requirements and how to go about getting those Upper Level credits? I assume the remainder must be completed at UMPI using their MyPace or whatever their competency based degree option is...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-30-2020, 05:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Way to go! Hmm, weird, I always thought they had a limit or a residency requirement of 25%.  Do you have an evaluation of your other ACE credits that are not from Sophia.org?  I am curious how those went.  Did they also give you an action plan of remaining degree requirements and how to go about getting those Upper Level credits?  I assume the remainder must be completed at UMPI using their MyPace or whatever their competency based degree option is...

I only have Sophia classes in on my transcript. for some reason they gave me 94 total credits, when ACE said they're good for about a combined total of 74 credits in LL. But you do have to complete a min of 30 with UMPI to get a Bachleors.

They gave me a list of what I have left. Conflict Resolution counted dual as a Business class & as a Communication class for example. There seems to be a few of these.

This is what they told me I need to take:
ENG 151 Intro to Literature
BUS 240 Change Management
BIO 105 (Human Biology from Sophia did not satisfy this requirement)
BUS 330 Marketing Management
BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Environment of Business
BUS 260 Leadership
BUS 321 Human Resource Management
BUS 325 Financial Management
POS 101 American Government or POS 211 Intro to Political Thought
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 415 Operations Management
HUM 103 Creative Decision Making
BUS 335 Organizational Behavior
BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication
BUS 489 Business Policy & Strategy

15 classes left. 45 credits of 120. So not too shabby. They gave me a lot of excessive electives. But, at the very least  74 of my 94 transferred ACE credits. So they basically gave me 75 fulfilled credits plus 19 free electives that can be used later in their system if I need it or switch to an arts degree away from Business.
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • nomaduser, Pikachu, rachel83az
(11-30-2020, 05:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Way to go! Hmm, weird, I always thought they had a limit or a residency requirement of 25%.  Do you have an evaluation of your other ACE credits that are not from Sophia.org?  I am curious how those went.  Did they also give you an action plan of remaining degree requirements and how to go about getting those Upper Level credits?  I assume the remainder must be completed at UMPI using their MyPace or whatever their competency based degree option is...

They do have a residency requirement of 30 credits. They used to have a 30 credit ACE limit and they no longer have it.They take everything from your transcripts and credit bank everything. They show you what it would be at UMPI. Works well in case you change your major! Yes, the remaining UL credits are completed at UMPI in their YourPace program. They require a specific number of UL's completed at UMPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • nomaduser
I would have been very tempted to go UMPI over TESU had I been aware of them taking all the Sophia like that.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
Very interesting... did UMPI give you letter grades for the transferred Sophia courses?
and are you able to order transcript from UMPI ??

Capella University would accept Sophia.org courses too but they won't give you any letter grade for Sophia.org courses.
(11-30-2020, 09:48 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Very interesting... did UMPI give you letter grades for the transferred Sophia courses?

Capella University would accept Sophia.org courses too but they won't give you any letter grade for Sophia.org courses.

Depends on how you submit transcripts to UMPI how the grade comes in. If you submit a Parchment transcript, they include the score you received in the course and UMPI puts that in as the numeric grade. NONE of the courses transferred in are included in your GPA.

Yes, UMPI has transcripts. Why wouldn't they? They're a university.  Even if a Sophia course is on the UMPI transcript, you earned ACE credit not UMPI credit for the course and the transcripts from UMPI reflect what was transferred into UMPI and what was completed at UMPI.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • nomaduser, Pikachu
(11-30-2020, 09:57 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 09:48 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Very interesting... did UMPI give you letter grades for the transferred Sophia courses?

Depends on how you submit transcripts to UMPI how the grade comes in. If you submit a Parchment transcript, they include the score you received in the course and UMPI puts that in as the numeric grade. NONE of the courses transferred in are included in your GPA.

Thanks for your response!

and do Sophia.org courses transfer with semester credits? do UMPI use semester credit or quarter credit?
(11-30-2020, 10:10 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 09:57 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Thanks for your response!

and do Sophia.org courses transfer with semester credits? do UMPI use semester credit or quarter credit?

Sophia courses transfer in for however many credits they are on Sophia - most are 3 credits. UMPI is on the semester credit system.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • nomaduser
This makes me very interested in UMPI because I have a ton of Sophia credits. I'm torn between WGU and UMPI, but this is awesome! I'm really thankful to Sophia for letting me earn so many credits for free this year. It was a game changer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Suspiria's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 2 41 10 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,356 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 427 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 314 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 3 195 04-13-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 285 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 219 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 413 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 724 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Micro bio, Sophia learningthehardway 10 277 04-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger