Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI YourPace ACE (Sophia) Transcript Results
(12-01-2020, 09:42 AM)Suspiria Wrote: This makes me very interested in UMPI because I have a ton of Sophia credits. I'm torn between WGU and UMPI, but this is awesome! I'm really thankful to Sophia for letting me earn so many credits for free this year. It was a game changer.

It is free to apply to UMPI. You can also request your Sophia transcripts through Parchment which is an electronic transcription service. It costs $5.25 for the transcript. Let me know if you have any questions about UMPI. I've been enrolled since August.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • AwardTour, Holmes, Pikachu
Its great news there is no limit on ACE credits. Now it makes a lot of sense to choose UMPI over some other available options considering costs for degree
(12-01-2020, 09:42 AM)Suspiria Wrote: This makes me very interested in UMPI because I have a ton of Sophia credits. I'm torn between WGU and UMPI, but this is awesome! I'm really thankful to Sophia for letting me earn so many credits for free this year. It was a game changer.
(12-01-2020, 09:55 AM)ss20ts Wrote: It is free to apply to UMPI. You can also request your Sophia transcripts through Parchment which is an electronic transcription service. It costs $5.25 for the transcript. Let me know if you have any questions about UMPI. I've been enrolled since August.
It is a game changer and I am really loving how communicative they are. Unlike the others of the Big 3 and WGU, they have real people that respond the same day instead of seeing you like a calendar appointment.

For parchment, they told me for a full assessment they want the audit sent from ACE itself, or I can use Parchment for PLA. I think Parchment may limit you to 30 but using ACE has no limits.
(12-01-2020, 10:31 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Its great news there is no limit on ACE credits. Now it makes a lot of sense to choose UMPI over some other available options considering costs for degree
Fully agree.
UMPI is planning a big marketing push in 2021 to grow their platform. I think they are on the verge of becoming one of the more popular schools here. It is competency based like WGU, with their price point. Charter Oak is limiting RA credits to 87 and ACE to 90. Excelsior 113 credits, TESU 114. But they're all adding a lot of limits to their amount of credits that can be transferred in from source, etc. TESU told me all of ACE is a single source but for others it is not. UMPI has no limit to the amount you can transfer in. However, you must do at least 30 credits with UMPI to graduate. They allow you to have multiple Areas of Study. So you can probably transfer in 114 just like the big 3, and use all ACE for it and finish off 2 area of studies at 15 credits each.

There are no proctors, yet. Their final assignments are mostly essays.

They have real, responsive professors, who give real feedback, etc, and will even review your essays before you submit for your grade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu
It would make them really competitive if they add some IT/Com science degree as a major, not only minor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • rachel83az
(12-01-2020, 11:18 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 09:55 AM)ss20ts Wrote: It is free to apply to UMPI. You can also request your Sophia transcripts through Parchment which is an electronic transcription service. It costs $5.25 for the transcript. Let me know if you have any questions about UMPI. I've been enrolled since August.
It is a game changer and I am really loving how communicative they are. Unlike the others of the Big 3 and WGU, they have real people that respond the same day instead of seeing you like a calendar appointment.

For parchment, they told me for a full assessment they want the audit sent from ACE itself, or I can use Parchment for PLA. I think Parchment may limit you to 30 but using ACE has no limits.
(12-01-2020, 10:31 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Its great news there is no limit on ACE credits. Now it makes a lot of sense to choose UMPI over some other available options considering costs for degree
Fully agree.
UMPI is planning a big marketing push in 2021 to grow their platform. I think they are on the verge of becoming one of the more popular schools here. It is competency based like WGU, with their price point. Charter Oak is limiting RA credits to 87 and ACE to 90. Excelsior 113 credits, TESU 114. But they're all adding a lot of limits to their amount of credits that can be transferred in from source, etc. TESU told me all of ACE is a single source but for others it is not. UMPI has no limit to the amount you can transfer in. However, you must do at least 30 credits with UMPI to graduate. They allow you to have multiple Areas of Study. So you can probably transfer in 114 just like the big 3, and use all ACE for it and finish off 2 area of studies at 15 credits each.

They have real, responsive professors, who give real feedback, etc, and will even review your essays before you submit for your grade.
(12-01-2020, 11:18 AM)ashkir Wrote:

Fully agree.
UMPI is planning a big marketing push in 2021 to grow their platform. I think they are on the verge of becoming one of the more popular schools here. It is competency based like WGU, with their price point. Charter Oak is limiting RA credits to 87 and ACE to 90. Excelsior 113 credits, TESU 114. But they're all adding a lot of limits to their amount of credits that can be transferred in from source, etc. TESU told me all of ACE is a single source but for others it is not. UMPI has no limit to the amount you can transfer in. However, you must do at least 30 credits with UMPI to graduate. They allow you to have multiple  Areas of Study. So you can probably transfer in 114 just like the big 3, and use all ACE for it and finish off 2 area of studies at 15 credits each.

Some corrections:

1) ACE no longer sends transcripts, so hopefully they'll accept Credly transcripts for ACE-recommended courses.

2) COSC does not limit RA credits to 87 - they limit CC credit to 87.

3) ACE is not a single source at TESU - it's individual course providers that are limited to 90cr.  You can bring in a full 114cr from ACE, as long as it's not more than 90cr from any single course providers like Study.com or Sophia or whoever.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-01-2020, 01:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Some corrections:

1) ACE no longer sends transcripts, so hopefully they'll accept Credly transcripts for ACE-recommended courses.

2) COSC does not limit RA credits to 87 - they limit CC credit to 87.

3) ACE is not a single source at TESU - it's individual course providers that are limited to 90cr.  You can bring in a full 114cr from ACE, as long as it's not more than 90cr from any single course providers like Study.com or Sophia or whoever.

1) Acclaim is now the official ACE transcript provider and I believe that is a given. They have no problem accepting it as it is an official transcript signed by ACE. I sent mine before the enrollment. ACE retired it too quickly as Acclaim's system is not yet ready.

2) Correct. They did tell me my local college which awards BA degrees, can only have LL accepted.

3) TESU told me the opposite and told me ACE is limited to 90 when I applied and enrolled. I have since withdrawn. TESU tells everyone something different so they're a complete mess.

Anyways off topic back to UMPI.

I like UMPI
Can any of you who are enrolled find out if they accept NA credits?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(12-05-2020, 12:49 AM)videogamesrock Wrote: Can any of you who are enrolled find out if they accept NA credits?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

You can always contact the YourPace admissions coordinator:

shea.cushman@maine.edu
Thanks for reporting the equivalencies, ashkir! I have added them to the wiki so that future students will be able to find them easily.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 48 4,448 Yesterday, 03:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Rainbow GEC Critical & Creative Thinking Learning Objective D - Sophia equivalents? mythomagician 2 83 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 174 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 166 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 219 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 851 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 268 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,464 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 200 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  Which Sophia Classes Meet These Requirements? gc82 2 197 03-15-2024, 10:15 AM