Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US History I vs II ????
Which is easier? I'm not interested in studying either but I need only one to fulfill my schools history requirement. I've read both exams feedback but mostly got mixed reviews about which was easier. Thanks!!
I would say II was easier. I think the IC cards were pretty good for that test. Don't take it cold though.

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

Definitely one. I studied longer and harder for two but only got a 57 whereas I got a 70 on one with less studying.
Kyle
TESC Liberal Studies BA - 2011
New Charter University MPA - 2012
Georgetown University School of Law - 2016

BA in Liberal Studies - Degree Outline|

Galations 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Here's what I wrote on the History II feedback thread:
Quote:Although I did slightly better (by 4 points) than I did on History I, I thought History II was the more challenging exam.
I took the exams back to back, one month apart, so I know what I wrote was pretty accurate (for my experience).

Does the founding of the country interest you more than, say, learning what Wilson and FDR were up to? Perhaps you will do best by selecting the era that appeals to you most. Check out the Hippocampus videos; they may help you decide. Good luck!

~Steve
KyleH Wrote:Definitely one.

That is absolutely not universally true. As I've posted before, it does depend on the age of the test taker. I'm old enough that I remember a lot of the material on the U.S. History 2 test - basically the last 50 years. The 50 years before that I know from people who lived during that time. I heard stories about the Great Depression over and over again when I was growing up.

I think the material in U.S. History 2 is intrinsically easier to learn. Many people disagree. There isn't one correct answer. Pick a time period that interests you - that will be the correct choice for you. If you enjoy what you are studying, it will be easier.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
US-II, chiefly due to much of the exam is on "recent history" that you should either be familiar with from HS courses and/or current events that have occurred in, or slightly prior to, your own lifetime.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Today, I just took the Western Civ I test and scored a 54 after just reading the REA book and taking the Peterson tests online for only 2 weeks!!! I was SOOOOO happy!!!
My next goal is to take the US History I test because I need another history credit. Would you recommend that I study the REA book again and then take it? Is US history I easier than Western Civ I? I would LOVE to just take the test COLD without any prep studying, but I don't know if that would be advisable?! Any comments/help would be AWESOME!! Smile Smile
sbearyr13 Wrote:Today, I just took the Western Civ I test and scored a 54 after just reading the REA book and taking the Peterson tests online for only 2 weeks!!! I was SOOOOO happy!!!
My next goal is to take the US History I test because I need another history credit. Would you recommend that I study the REA book again and then take it? Is US history I easier than Western Civ I? I would LOVE to just take the test COLD without any prep studying, but I don't know if that would be advisable?! Any comments/help would be AWESOME!! Smile Smile

Okay, from my experience I would say US I is easier, and, for me, more interesting. I did use the REA book, and I would definitely advise using it! The US II REA book wasn't quite as helpful - for me. I took US I and II the same day with only a week of study, I think, so you can see they weren't terribly difficult tests, particularly if you enjoy history. However, unless you're a pretty major history buff, I wouldn't recommend taking either test cold.

HERE is the blog post I wrote for US I, and HERE is the post for US II. Hope that helps!
~ Laura ~
[SIZE=1]CLEP/DSST
--- 120/120 :hurray:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature | English Composition w/ Essay | College Mathematics | English Literature | American Literature | Humanities
| Art of the Western World | Western Civilization I | Western Civilization II | History of United States I | History of United States II | Social Sciences and History | Astronomy | Introduction to Computing | Introductory Sociology | Introduction to World Religions | The Civil War and Reconstruction | A History of the Vietnam War | Western Europe Since 1945 | Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union | Introduction to the Modern Middle East | Environment and Humanity | World Conflicts Since 1900 ECE | FEMAs taken: 24 | [COLOR="Navy"]TESC FlashTrack course - "War and American Society."
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Officially graduated on September 9, 2011!!![/SIZE]
both were about the same, fairly easy because most of the info is based in common knowledge. I would say II is slightly "easier" because some of the material is more current.

Rhashad Hicks
Liberty University, DBA
starting 02/2023

Western Governors University, MBA
Organization & Strategy 2013
Educational Design 2021

TESC Bachelors (18 Months)
American History 2011

CLEP
English Comp w/essay | A & I literature | American Government | Prin. of Management | Prin. of Marketing | Intro to computers | Business Law | Intro to Sociology | Psychology | social sciences & history | U.S. History I | U.S. History II | Human Growth & Dev. | Educational Psych | Microeconomics | Macroeconomics

DANTES
Civil War & Recon. | Technical Writing | Prin. of Supervision | History of Vietnam | Organizational Behavior | Substance abuse | Management Info Systems | Intro to Business | Principles of Counseling | Modern Middle East

ALEKS
Beg. Algebra | Intermediate Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Business Statistics

STRAIGHTERLINE
Accounting I | Accounting II
I thought US History 1 was easier... Neither was very difficult though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,602 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,117 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 521 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 530 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 477 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone taken the ONU Your Way HIS 379 Latin American History and Politics course Insert Name 10 1,372 03-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 1,932 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Looking For UPPER LEVEL History Courses tls7291 7 1,273 05-04-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: tls7291
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,288 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  Looking For TESU World History Alternatives tls7291 4 1,119 01-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az