Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA
(01-15-2021, 06:06 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:37 PM)Holmes Wrote: I really can't comprehend the amount of arbitrariness in almost every aspect of online degrees! If some one designed an algorithm to pick the policies for these universities/colleges on a random basis, it will achieve a more reasonable situation!
Ultimately the reason is that each college wants to make some amount of money out of conferring a degree, and so all these rules are designed so students do not take too many shortcuts. For example, if TECEPs were allowed towards residency, that would be great. But then the college would lose those $3000 for all the students that won't take 6 courses with them at $1500 per course.

Even now with colleges losing money because of covid, thus the change from 114 credits allowed at TESU to 90. And dropping some of the allowed alternative courses so that the only choice student have is to take courses through them

TESU used to accept TECEP's for residency - I took 5 of them for my degree on the 2014/15 catalog.  They even had the Business Capstone course via TECEP.

The fact that schools want to make money is not terrible.  They SHOULD make money - or they will go out of business.  It's kind of the way the world works.

Also, TESU still allows you to bring in 114cr of transfer, it's just that only 90cr of that can be alt-credit.  You do NOT have to take 30cr through TESU, you can take them any number of places that are cheaper than TESU.

(01-07-2021, 08:37 PM)Holmes Wrote: So, TECEP will count as an RA credit for COSC, but not for TESU itself? I think I read that some where, except for military students.

I really can't comprehend the amount of arbitrariness in almost every aspect of online degrees! If some one designed an algorithm to pick the policies for these universities/colleges on a random basis, it will achieve a more reasonable situation!

ALL schools have arbitrary rules.  There are 4000+ colleges/universities in the US, an therefore 4000+ policies.  Every school is different.  Even within a state public college/university system, policies will be different.  I've yet to find 2 schools that have the exact same policies.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-15-2021, 08:48 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 06:06 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:37 PM)Holmes Wrote: I really can't comprehend the amount of arbitrariness in almost every aspect of online degrees! If some one designed an algorithm to pick the policies for these universities/colleges on a random basis, it will achieve a more reasonable situation!
Ultimately the reason is that each college wants to make some amount of money out of conferring a degree, and so all these rules are designed so students do not take too many shortcuts. For example, if TECEPs were allowed towards residency, that would be great. But then the college would lose those $3000 for all the students that won't take 6 courses with them at $1500 per course.

Even now with colleges losing money because of covid, thus the change from 114 credits allowed at TESU to 90. And dropping some of the allowed alternative courses so that the only choice student have is to take courses through them

TESU used to accept TECEP's for residency - I took 5 of them for my degree on the 2014/15 catalog.  They even had the Business Capstone course via TECEP.

The fact that schools want to make money is not terrible.  They SHOULD make money - or they will go out of business.  It's kind of the way the world works.

Also, TESU still allows you to bring in 114cr of transfer, it's just that only 90cr of that can be alt-credit.  You do NOT have to take 30cr through TESU, you can take them any number of places that are cheaper than TESU.

(01-07-2021, 08:37 PM)Holmes Wrote: So, TECEP will count as an RA credit for COSC, but not for TESU itself? I think I read that some where, except for military students.

I really can't comprehend the amount of arbitrariness in almost every aspect of online degrees! If some one designed an algorithm to pick the policies for these universities/colleges on a random basis, it will achieve a more reasonable situation!

ALL schools have arbitrary rules.  There are 4000+ colleges/universities in the US, an therefore 4000+ policies.  Every school is different.  Even within a state public college/university system, policies will be different.  I've yet to find 2 schools that have the exact same policies.
Agree. I keep forgetting that the rest of the credits have to be RA not just through TESU.

I agree they want to make money, it is not a wrong thing, seems hard to escape those $3k no matter which way one goes, regardless of which Big 3 one chooses.

Am so close to complete. I am already looking at masters degrees or Grad certificates.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,706 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 731 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  Any recommendations for cheap/fast/easy 1-credit courses that transfer to COSC? daharamu 7 2,415 07-20-2021, 07:16 PM
Last Post: NC Coach
  What about PLA and Credit Recommending Training Programs topdog98 4 1,218 07-29-2020, 04:03 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Charter Oak Grad Credit for Undergrad? Clepper43 3 1,292 07-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  COSC New Policy - Transfer Credit Updated Info bjcheung77 43 7,467 07-14-2020, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  COSC Credit Banking darthweezy 6 1,638 07-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Cornerstone/Capstone Liberal Arts credit? Clepper43 0 892 06-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Clepper43
  1 UL Credit at charteroak? Clepking100 19 3,097 05-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Last Post: ldmoose
  COSC and Studycom credit limits cookderosa 9 1,868 02-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone