Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undergrad Certificate Help!
If you haven't completed an Associates Degree yet, you can add the ASNSM Comp Science, you can use Study.com courses as an additional CIS AOS for the BSBA as well - if you're interested in Entrepreneurship or Marketing, those two have the most interchangeable/overlapping courses with General Management. Basically, take courses that will go towards that AOS or Certificate from Study.com, last but not least, if you're wanting to SKIP the Residency Waiver, decide on the courses you want to take at TESU to get you the certificate and/or degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-12-2020, 09:57 AM)natshar Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 05:23 AM)Toastmaster Wrote: Hey folks!  I'm back at it with another question. Smile
So, I am trying to decide if I should get a SECOND Undergrad Certificate at TESU after I complete my first one.  You see, I made the decision to go for an undergraduate certificate in Organizational Leadership, in order to "flesh out" and add more "meat" to my B.S.B.A. in General Management.  Really, it was an emotional decision because I felt at the time that I wanted to "major" in something, and that since I was going back to school, I wanted to "get" everything that I missed out on the first few times around.
In hindsight, financially speaking, I would have been better off getting an MBA from WGU LOL!!!  But that's neither here nor there.  Big Grin

The point is that currently I have one class left for my Organizational Leadership Cert. Once complete, I would have 10 total credits earned through TESU.  The Residency Fee Waiver to graduate would be $2,800 currently.
To waive the fee, I would need to take just two more classes. To get another undergraduate certificate, I would just need to take three more classes.  Using the Study.com tuition discount if $379 per credit, that would mean a total cost of $3,411.
So, for roughly $600 more I can get another ug certificate and have my job pay all of that (the entire certification) or I could pay the $2800 out of pocket and just be DONE!!!  After 20 Years, JUST BE DONE!!!
What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Go for the cert no question for sure.

You have no idea if TESU is going to raise the wavier fee.

What certificate were you thinking?

Another option either in addition to or instead of the certificate is an associates degree. Some easy ones include:

AA general studies (which you would already have done and has no value, but still, it would be free to add for no reason.)

ASNM math

ASNM  computer science (you can also use free teex credits for the aos)

ASNM Biology (only if you already happen to have Biology II lab though)

Some of the AS and AAS like computers and maybe tohers depending on your credits. They do require an associates capstone. But that is 3 more credits at TESU towards no waiver fee.

Play around with the "what if" and see what happens. And if you already have an associates done add it of course.

Also you could double major instead of the second cert. HR would be an easy change the courses from the OL cert overlap. And 9 credits from both AOS could overlap.

Personally I think a second major and/or associates would be a better than a certificate, especially if that certificate is just a GM one.
A second major...I really hadn't considered that!  That's ultimately what I really wanted anyway, was a "real" (to me, emotionally) major.  I wish emotions didn't play such a factor...I REALLY just need a check the box degree at this point.  But I just want it to feel right, you know?  I know it sounds silly.  THANK YOU.  I will take a look into that.  Perhaps I can change the whole BSBA I'm General Management to an Organizational Leadership focus.  I'll look into that. Smile
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Hi!  I have 3 classes left for my BSBA General Management, and one class left for my undergrad cert in Organizational Leadership.

Interesting...add another AOS?  I hadn't considered that!  Thank you!

I would highly recommend adding another AOS instead of adding another undergrad certificate. Its far better to have a double AOS than having multiple certificates, especially from a employer perception view point.
(06-12-2020, 03:30 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Hi!  I have 3 classes left for my BSBA General Management, and one class left for my undergrad cert in Organizational Leadership.

I would highly recommend adding another AOS instead of adding another undergrad certificate. Its far better to have a double AOS than having multiple certificates, especially from a employer perception view point.

At this point, I would just finish and be done.  I think there is almost zero value in an additional cert or AOS at all.  Nobody cares much - it's not enough courses to make a difference.  An employer is not going to say "oh, he took 6 accounting courses, yay" but instead "he has a BSBA, great."

Just get your degree at this point.  A BSBA is VERY worthwhile, adding more certs/concentrations and delaying graduation is worth ZERO without the degree.  Get 'er done.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-12-2020, 05:29 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 03:30 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Hi!  I have 3 classes left for my BSBA General Management, and one class left for my undergrad cert in Organizational Leadership.

At this point, I would just finish and be done.  I think there is almost zero value in an additional cert or AOS at all.  Nobody cares much - it's not enough courses to make a difference.  An employer is not going to say "oh, he took 6 accounting courses, yay" but instead "he has a BSBA, great."

Just get your degree at this point.  A BSBA is VERY worthwhile, adding more certs/concentrations and delaying graduation is worth ZERO without the degree.  Get 'er done.
But toastmaster needs 3 more courses at TESU to avoid the wavier and their job will pay for it.

I suggested HR because they might already have it mostly done with OL cert. 9nly 9 credits different from the two aos.

BSBA GM + HR seems the best.

Any other AOS would likely be more work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • ss20ts
Thank you everyone. I have alot to think about. I'm just going to focus on knocking out these last 3 classes. I will do them through Study.com and knock them out within 6 weeks. Finish the degree. That's the important thing. Thank you all!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Certificate NeilK314 2 43 1 hour ago
Last Post: sanantone
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 343 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate awildefish 5 490 02-15-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: mog538
  IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Course equivalencies spohara 25 3,580 07-27-2023, 08:14 PM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Coursera SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate Transfer mog538 12 1,092 07-21-2023, 10:42 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Has anyone used a TESU degree to obtain CA teaching certificate? Insert Name 18 2,437 11-15-2021, 10:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  After all the recent changes, what's the possibility of doing undergrad from India? learning_spree 17 2,541 09-18-2021, 10:39 PM
Last Post: booklovingirl
  Google IT Professional Certificate ACE credits to TESU? nomaduser 4 1,443 08-12-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Turkish
  TESU Undergraduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership dhallfootball21 2 757 04-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Last Post: dhallfootball21
  TESU Undergraduate certificate requirements Leedeedee 4 888 03-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Leedeedee