Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
University of Maine at Presque Isle
As i understand its GPA only based on 10 courses from UMPI which is calculated as GPA in any other traditional institution. By the way UMPI told earlier that u can take more than 30 credits if u wish during ur session as long as u meet degree requirements for ur Bachelor. So if u really want 60 credits u still can do it through UMPI but i dont think they will include any grades from courses u transfer into ur GPA. It must be taken through UMPI to be included to GPA calculation
(09-08-2020, 04:34 PM)AZDan Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 08:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 12:17 PM)AZDan Wrote: I am interested in UMPI as a possibility to complete my bachelor's due to needing to finish quickly. But my goal is a B&M Master's program.

1. You need to have minimum of 3.0 GPA for last 60 credits. How does UMPI work their GPA?
2. What do the transcripts look like and how do they reflect credits brought in from Sophia or Study.com?
3. I already have about 60 credits from three different RA schools and have only taken 2 courses, so far, from Sophia and SDC.

Your UMPI GPA only includes the courses you take at UMPI.

Transcripts show all courses every taken that on are on the transcripts submitted to UMPI including grades. Not sure how SDC courses show up. Sophia says T as in transfer and the numeric grade I received in the course.

UMPI requires you to complete 30 credits with them for all of their bachelor's degrees. 

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm attending UMPI right now.

Regarding the UMPI GPA, since it is only for courses you've taken through them, is it a B or nothing similar to WGU? If not, how do they determine the grade for the course?

UMPI is nothing like WGU. Every course you take, you receive a grade based on your final assessment which is a paper, project, or exam. The grade you receive on the final assessment is your grade for the course. Grades range from B- to A+. Anything below a B- is considered a failure. You need a minimum of 80 on all final assessments to pass a course. Your GPA is an average of these grades.

(09-08-2020, 05:03 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: As i understand its GPA only based on 10 courses from UMPI which is calculated as GPA in any other  traditional institution. By the way UMPI told earlier that u can take more than 30 credits if u wish during ur session as long as u meet degree requirements for ur Bachelor. So if u really want 60 credits u still can do it through UMPI but i dont think they will include any grades from courses u transfer into ur GPA. It must be taken through UMPI to be included to GPA calculation

Your UMPI GPA is calculated with every course you take at UMPI. Nothing else. If you take more 30 credits at UMPI, all of those credits are included in your UMPI GPA. 

You do not take 30 credits per session. A session is 8 weeks long and you're required to complete 2 course - 6 credits - during a session if you're full time and 1 course - 3 credits - per session if you're part time. You can take however many courses you can complete. It's not common for anyone to complete 30 credits in a semester. It has been done, but it's not common. Most people complete around 6 courses per semester. A semester is comprised of 2 terms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People Transfer Credits diaosteve 6 979 06-15-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  WES or WES + each university transcript Kab 1 542 01-22-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: rachel83az