Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of the People is run by bots or morons
(11-25-2020, 01:53 AM)SweetSecret Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 01:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote: They say you get what you pay for.....

This, totally.

I think I have 15 grad credits with UoPeople now. From my perspective, I was just there for the cheap credits to transfer back to Walden. UoPeople needs a major overhaul. I will say though that one of the best professors I ever met was from UoPeople, and he even was kind enough to write me a recommendation letter for law school. That being said, the biggest issues are 1) administrative/clericals with poor English language and comprehension skills, 2) inability to get transcripts evaluated prior to taking classes, 3) lack of the professors' abilities to deal with plagiarism, 4) some professors are far more involved than others. I actually would only use the credits to transfer to another school. Even trying to get my UoPeople transcript sent to my law school LSAC CAS account took months and was a nightmare. So glad to be done there.

I am curious which UoPeople credits transferred to Walden.  I signed up for a marketing class before I found Walden.  Not sure if I should try to complete the marketing class.
Edinboro University of PA - BA, Socioloy (1997)
Gannon University - Certificate, Paralegal Studies (2001)
University of South Florida - Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace (2021)

Other coursework done on Sophia, Saylor Academy and ENEB.  
I am attending University of the People and overall enjoy the experience. But their automated email system leaves a lot to desire. I get a lot of automated emails that are clearly not for me (I am in a master's program and they are geared towards undergrads), so I just delete them. I have found that the easiest way to get most things done is to use the student self-service dashboard and avoid emails whenever possible. If you're having trouble figuring out how to use the dashboard or get the thing done that you want to get done, the folks on the University of the People Reddit board can be very helpful.
(04-07-2021, 01:57 PM)wow Wrote: I am attending University of the People and overall enjoy the experience. But their automated email system leaves a lot to desire. I get a lot of automated emails that are clearly not for me (I am in a master's program and they are geared towards undergrads), so I just delete them. I have found that the easiest way to get most things done is to use the student self-service dashboard and avoid emails whenever possible. If you're having trouble figuring out how to use the dashboard or get the thing done that you want to get done, the folks on the University of the People Reddit board can be very helpful.

It a waste of time I think that school campus is established in the backyard of the school founder, He is making this very cheap doing marketing outside the US to catch more international student in a program that is not valid in other places due to its poor academic recognition, the founder just want to collect money, compare to Pen foster college they have most of their courses are ACE accredited and you can even use their credits in any other accredited University.
(04-08-2021, 11:56 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 01:57 PM)wow Wrote: I am attending University of the People and overall enjoy the experience. But their automated email system leaves a lot to desire. I get a lot of automated emails that are clearly not for me (I am in a master's program and they are geared towards undergrads), so I just delete them. I have found that the easiest way to get most things done is to use the student self-service dashboard and avoid emails whenever possible. If you're having trouble figuring out how to use the dashboard or get the thing done that you want to get done, the folks on the University of the People Reddit board can be very helpful.

It a waste of time I think that school campus is established in the backyard of the school founder, He is making this very cheap doing marketing outside the US to catch more international student in a program that is not valid in other places due to its poor academic recognition, the founder just want to collect money, compare to Pen foster college they have most of their courses are ACE accredited and you can even use their credits in any other accredited University.
Your opinion seems fairly uninformed. Of course a University of the People degree will not be recognized everywhere for every purpose. In the United States, for example, degrees and licensures earned in other countries are often not recognized for a variety of purposes. That's why one runs into so many immigrant doctors and professors who work as taxi drivers or janitors. So I don't expect my US degree to be recognized everywhere else. I don't necessarily expect it to be recognized within the United States by everybody. Some people will dismiss it because of the name, some people will dismiss it because of its DEAC accreditation, some people dismiss it because it's not Harvard. But why should I care when I'm going there because of my personal interest in learning? And why do you feel obliged to comment on my personal decisions and give your opinion on how I should live my life? I have never met you and you don't know what my educational goals are. Inserting your opinion and telling me that living my life the way I want to is a "waste of time" when all I did was offer my experience for getting around the troubles with the UofPeople email system is rude and unnecessary. Please keep your comments on topic and do not give people advice if they didn't ask you for it.
(04-07-2021, 01:57 PM)wow Wrote: I am attending University of the People and overall enjoy the experience.

Same here  Wink
U.S. Credits (211): University (65), Community college (54), Sophia (52), Study (15), Google (12), TEEX (11), Institutes (2)
ECTS (44): ENEB (40), LUT (2), XAMK (2)

DONE
AA, Business Administration
AAS, History AOE
Pro Cert, Google IT Support

IN PROGRESS
B, Religious Studies (NationsUniversity)
BS, Computer Science (University of the People)
MBA (Universidad Isabel I / ENEB)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAU - Northern Arizona University. Has anyone attended there? Vle045 9 491 07-09-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of the People, BSBA for StoicJ StoicJ 32 2,649 06-23-2021, 02:11 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Brandman University leaves Chapman University system and becomes UMass Global Holmes 10 1,424 06-01-2021, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Liberty University Graduation Info. eriehiker 0 177 04-30-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  University of the People credits? nomaduser 11 800 04-26-2021, 05:52 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  University Fast Facts - Add Yours! bjcheung77 4 401 02-22-2021, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Flelm
Information The Open University - Liberal Arts degree (only £6,192 GBP! fully online) nomaduser 28 1,790 01-13-2021, 01:37 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Thumbs Up Teesside University - BA in Business and Enterprise (£4,620, 1 year, Online!) nomaduser 0 384 01-08-2021, 06:46 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
Information University of Cambridge - Diploma in Creative Writing (Online & Only £2k GBP!) nomaduser 4 947 12-21-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Affordable online University of London degrees (start from 6k GBP) nomaduser 20 1,379 12-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: AmenSandhu