Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Study.com/TESU Transfer Guide
So since it is now confirmed that the Public Speaking course will only give 1 credit, does anyone know of how to get the additional 2 credits needed for the cheapest price?
I think Straighterline's Intro to Communication has gotten the most positive reviews around here lately for price and ease of completion.

(Not to say it's easy, just that it's more straightforward than the DSST process).
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:I think Straighterline's Intro to Communication has gotten the most positive reviews around here lately for price and ease of completion.

(Not to say it's easy, just that it's more straightforward than the DSST process).

I'll come out and say that it's easy. Your biggest obstacle in the SL course is yourself, if you're the shy type. The curriculum is easy and despite what I thought were glaring mistakes, I received a 100 on every one of the exercises (youtube videos).
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
I didn't want to say that because I haven't taken the course. Thanks, alzee. Smile
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
alzee Wrote:I'll come out and say that it's easy. Your biggest obstacle in the SL course is yourself, if you're the shy type. The curriculum is easy and despite what I thought were glaring mistakes, I received a 100 on every one of the exercises (youtube videos).

i can second that, both the ease of the curriculum and the fact that shyness is the biggest obstacle. i had that course completed for over two months before i worked up the nerve to do the YouTube presentations, on which i received a 100 and two 98s (none of which were deserved lol). mostly took just a lot of getting over my own reluctance to actually sit down and record.
ASBA -- TESU, Sept. 2016
--------------
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra | PreCalculus | Introduction to Statistics
Sophia: Macroeconomics
TEEX: Cyber Security for IT Professionals/Business Professionals/Everyone
Straighterline: Accounting I + II | Principles of Management | Business Ethics | Business Law | Organizational Behavior | Introduction to Communication | IT Fundamentals | Introduction to Sociology | American Government | Introduction to Religion
I'm in it now.

There are like two-three quizzes, a midterm and a proctored final. There are three videos, one you have to turn in a, uh, *outline (sorry, sleepy) on, it is the last one.

So far, they haven't talked over my head on anything, I am halfway through, and they are talking about basically what I would expect a college course to define as how to explain communications to someone. Just a lot of terminology for things you do naturally. It's moodle format, which is a decent online learning platform.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Thanks for the requests. We are actually working on some of those business course requests right now so you may seem them available within the next few months. I'll pass on the request for criminal justice courses to our course development team so they can evaluate how those might fit in.

dfrecore Wrote:I'm going to add requests for Criminal Justice majors, which seem to be popular on this forum. Propero and CSU-Global have a bunch of exams, but they are a more expensive option than study.com. Also, Ethics in CJ is a required course now for TESU, so that would be a great one to add, as CSU-Global took this CBE away recently.

Also, for business majors:
Financial Accounting
Managerial Accounting
Principles of Finance
Principles of Marketing
Microeconomics
Business Communications

A few UL courses in Accounting, Marketing or Finance would make it possible to do the entire set of Business requirements through study.com, which a lot of people are loving.

Last requests: a couple of different options for people to take more than 2 exams in a month, and a discounted rate to do so (so maybe $229 for 3 courses, $249 for 4 courses, etc.

Hey, if we've got someone from study.com here with us, we may as well ask for the moon!!

Thanks for your help!
We just heard back from TESU in regards to the questions you had last week. Below are their answers.

1. TESU currently has a History of Vietnam War (HIS-351) course and you recently added the Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War course. The courses seem to cover different things but they have the same course number. Can you clarify the difference?

TESU---HIS-351 is the only course we offer that covers this material.

2. Advanced Technical Writing was given the same course equivalency as Technical Writing (ENG-201), even though this course is considered upper level by ACE. Why was this course not equivalent to one in the 300-400 range?

TESU---Our evaluators found this to have material in common with our ENG-201 course. Additionally, ENG-201 satisfies our Information Literacy General Education requirement. It's in students' best interest to have an alternative pathway to satisfy that requirement.

3. They already had Organizational Behavior (MAN-311), and added Leadership & Organizational Behavior. When I look at the contents of each course, they are different from each other, yet the new course was given the same course #. Can you clarify the difference?

TESU---We do not offer two different courses on this material.

4. This course will be the equivalent

5. Advanced Operations Management - I’m wondering if they also did not look closely at this course, and would give it a separate course number from Operations Management (OPM-301). It looks to have some different material than the TECEP. Can you clarify?
TESU---We do not offer an advanced version of Operations Management.

6. Specifically, could these courses align with the following in the PLA database?

TESU--- The PLA database is not used when determining equivalencies

Hopefully, this information is helpful.
Well, thank you for checking, Study.com.

How frustrating.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
I'm not sure what them having or not having comparable courses at the school has to do with it? Sounds like someone didn't spend any time doing any research on the courses at all.

Thanks for checking though, it's appreciated.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 263 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 213 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  A Guide to Jesuit Colleges LevelUP 0 194 01-25-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,002 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77