Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated UExcel online exams list
More UExcels have been added to the list of exams available online. Since December, they've added:

Abnormal Psychology (UL)
Adult Nursing (UL)
Bioethics (UL)
Ethics: Theory and Practice (UL)
Fundamentals of Nursing (LL)
Human Resource Management (UL)
Macroeconomics (LL) - but Microeconomics still unavailable
Introduction to Psychology (LL)
Juvenile Delinquency (UL)
Operations Management (UL)
Pathophysiology (UL)
Principles of Finance (UL)
Principles of Marketing (LL)
Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (UL)
Research Methods in Psychology (UL)
Workplace Communication with Computers (LL)
World Population (UL)

This brings the total to 34 exams online and 23 that can only be taken in-person at a test center. Hopefully, they bring the remainder online soon.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nomaduser
(02-05-2021, 07:41 PM)rachel83az Wrote: More UExcels have been added to the list of exams available online. Since December, they've added:

Abnormal Psychology (UL)
Adult Nursing (UL)
Bioethics (UL)
Ethics: Theory and Practice (UL)
Fundamentals of Nursing (LL)
Human Resource Management (UL)
Macroeconomics (LL) - but Microeconomics still unavailable
Introduction to Psychology (LL)
Juvenile Delinquency (UL)
Operations Management (UL)
Pathophysiology (UL)
Principles of Finance (UL)
Principles of Marketing (LL)
Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (UL)
Research Methods in Psychology (UL)
Workplace Communication with Computers (LL)
World Population (UL)

This brings the total to 34 exams online and 23 that can only be taken in-person at a test center. Hopefully, they bring the remainder online soon.

I was wondering what they're waiting for to get the all online?  If you can do one, you can do them all...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • nomaduser
Wow! I want to take 15 UExcel exams this year
This definitely makes some degrees more accessible now. Not everyone has the means or ability to actually travel to a testing center. In addition to generally making things easier for everyone, I'm glad that people with certain physical or mental challenges will now have more of an opportunity to get the degree they want without having to pay a "tax" for not being able to make it to the test center.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nomaduser
Great list. Makes easier to get degree for many people without extra effort/ headache
EC is in NY as am I. I haven't found a testing center open since last March. This was a kick in the pants they needed to do this. Even when testing sites are open, the closest one is an hour away in each direction so it's not really convenient. I imagine it's taken a great deal of work to convert these to an online platform that can still be proctored. Funny how some schools are freaky obsessed with proctoring and others trust students.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
Thanks for this info!

I just finished my second SDC course and was considering on possibly taking a UExcel and TECEP exam. Is the test proctoring format similar to SDC? By that I mean, can I schedule a test whenever I want and just have your camera and microphones on while you take a test or is there a live person on the other side watching you?
Pretty sure it's a live person for UExcels. It's definitely a live person for the TECEP.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(03-17-2021, 04:48 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: Thanks for this info!

I just finished my second SDC course and was considering on possibly taking a UExcel and TECEP exam. Is the test proctoring format similar to SDC? By that I mean, can I schedule a test whenever I want and just have your camera and microphones on while you take a test or is there a live person on the other side watching you?

Not sure on Pearson's OnVUE system, but TECEP's use ProctorU, which you have to schedule about 3 days in advance, and then there's a live person watching you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: just went and looked at PearsonVUE, they state there's a live person watching you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-17-2021, 07:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 04:48 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: Thanks for this info!

Not sure on Pearson's OnVUE system, but TECEP's use ProctorU, which you have to schedule about 3 days in advance, and then there's a live person watching you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: just went and looked at PearsonVUE, they state there's a live person watching you.

Would you happen to know if the exams can be scheduled during off hours? The two SDC exams that I took I've had to take before 5am while my kid and dog are sleeping.

Edit: never mind Smile I found a YouTube video explaining the process of ProctorU. In case anybody needs it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ByimyMEwY

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior is retiring UExcel exams! This month! dfrecore 24 6,025 03-17-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Strayer's challenge exams: CIS375 - Human Computer Interaction (Dec. 2021) carrythenothing 8 2,050 12-15-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: jch
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 997 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
Information Excelsior College will no longer offer UExcel examinations after August 21, 2022 nomaduser 2 384 11-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online proctoring: Does anyone even pay attention? studyingfortests 21 4,703 11-02-2023, 12:39 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 231,004 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSSTs now available online for EVERYONE rachel83az 27 4,166 04-08-2023, 04:03 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
  UEXCEL Testing Ending vetvso 7 1,253 08-11-2022, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Instructions registering for exams Carnation 5 1,082 07-04-2022, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Practice exams ??? - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature bostonboy1000 5 1,481 07-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: P226mem