Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uploading Images to Signature
I am unable to upload images to my signature. It is within the size and width parameters. Anyone else try this?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Yeah I can't put an image in my sig either, through a URL or uploading. Sad

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.
OR
Unable to save image.

That's what it says when I try.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
And...I thought putting a direct image link inside [img][/img] tags would work, but it only works when posting in forums, not in a signature. Undecided
BA History 2014 - TESC

"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
It'd be nice to add a college logo to the signature. Obviously a bug to the site. I've sent a message to the webmaster.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
signatures are already too long

look at this thread

the signatures from Westerner's 2 posts take up more than 50% of the page

if we got rid of signatures this thread would be 13 lines long

with signatures it's 48 lines long
The site says we should be able to upload pictures within the size parameters. The length of the signature is irrelevant.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
bluebooger Wrote:signatures are already too long

look at this thread

the signatures from Westerner's 2 posts take up more than 50% of the page

if we got rid of signatures this thread would be 13 lines long

with signatures it's 48 lines long

I like the longer signatures, I like to see what people have done or are doing. If you don't like to see them, then turn them off. Settings > General Settings > scroll down and uncheck Show Signatures
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
hightecrebel Wrote:I like the longer signatures, I like to see what people have done or are doing. If you don't like to see them, then turn them off. Settings > General Settings > scroll down and uncheck Show Signatures
Same here! I like how the signatures help with keeping straight who's posting Wink Another forum I'm on is picky about how long sigs are, and I like that this forum isn't that way Cool
BA History 2014 - TESC

"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
I'm with everyone else about the signatures. Although I disagree with the need for photo-signatures, I agree that posting information about that particular user can help newbies direct their questions to parties more informed about their specific concern...especially if they are not familiar with how to search a forum for information. For example, my signature shows that I have experience with COSC, WGU, CLEP, DSST, and FEMA. Westerner's signature shows experience with TESC, along with DSST, CLEP, and ECE. Cookderosa's signature shows that she has experience with TESC, along with links to her book (full of valuable information about homeschooling) and social media pages relevant to her writing.

Although this particular forum isn't quite as discourteous as other forums about repeat threads, I can understand why new users would be hesitant to create a new thread if they had experienced the incivility commonly experienced in other forums.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
I don't like long signatures either...... :leaving:
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Forum hsufeng 6 734 03-14-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How do I add a signature line to my messages? tsgreer 5 719 02-27-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: WhoaSis
  Signature ashtonnewman 7 1,642 10-29-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Signature jamshid666 4 2,953 01-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Just testing my new signature... zapproximator 28 4,552 01-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bmoyer83
  Eclipse Images davewill 6 2,620 11-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Longest Signature Here Maniac Craniac 38 10,437 08-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  signature question SoliDeoGloria 7 1,608 03-13-2013, 09:33 AM