Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level BALS Courses
Just to be on the safe side and to be more clear - The Capstone is always Upper Level and generally the last course to take.
For either the BALS/BSBA or any other TESU Bachelors, the Capstone is *NOT* part of the concentration.

BALS requires 60 General Ed, 30 credits in the (Area of Study/Concentration), 27 Electives and the Capstone
BALS Requires 15 UL credits in the AOS - Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies

BSBA requires 60 General Ed, 36 Pro-Biz Reqs including Capstone, 18 credits in AOS, and 6 Elective credits
BSBA Requires 15 UL credits for a degree, 12 in AOS - Link: https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/general-management

The only exception to this rule is the BS Data Science and Analytics (partnership with Statistics.com)
This degree doesn't have a capstone and is much more expensive as the AOS is mainly Statistics.com courses.
TESU Program Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/bs/data-science
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-17-2018, 10:05 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just to be on the safe side and to be more clear - The Capstone is always Upper Level and generally the last course to take.
For either the BALS/BSBA or any other TESU Bachelors, the Capstone is *NOT* part of the concentration.

BALS requires 60 General Ed, 30 credits in the (Area of Study/Concentration), 27 Electives and the Capstone
BALS Requires 15 UL credits in the AOS - Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies

BSBA requires 60 General Ed, 36 Pro-Biz Reqs including Capstone, 18 credits in AOS, and 6 Elective credits
BSBA Requires 15 UL credits for a degree, 12 in AOS - Link: https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/general-management

The only exception to this rule is the BS Data Science and Analytics (partnership with Statistics.com)
This degree doesn't have a capstone and is much more expensive as the AOS is mainly Statistics.com courses.
TESU Program Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/bs/data-science

I thought the question was more about whether the Capstone counted as one of the UL courses you needed in the 18cr of UL, rather than whether it was in the concentration.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-17-2018, 07:20 AM)cookderosa Wrote: the culinary courses are lower level - to my knowledge, there are no upper level online culinary courses that you can take as a non-matriculated student in the USA.

Thank you!  I knew they weren't UL, but I wasn't sure if they were considered remedial or non-credit somehow due to the different wording on their credit recommendation.  I think I might try one because a baking class sounds like fun!  Big Grin

(09-17-2018, 10:05 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just to be on the safe side and to be more clear - The Capstone is always Upper Level and generally the last course to take.

Yes, I was wondering if the Capstone would work in the concentration and not just the AOS.  I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so thank you!! That's very helpful!  I was hopeful that it would but wasn't sure, so it's good for planning purposes to know that it can't.  

Another question - does TESU do double concentrations?  I can't seem to find information about it.  I see that you can do two AOS, but nothing about 2 concentrations.  For reference, I was thinking about getting a BALS with a concentration in Humanities and Social Sciences.  I was trying to figure out how that would work.  I didn't know if I could use the "extra" hours in my UL AOS and put them towards another concentration.  I would only need one extra UL and one extra LL if that's the case which seems pretty doable.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(09-01-2018, 09:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, wanted to let you know that History, Soc, and Psych are not considered Humanities.  They are SocSci courses that would not work in the HUM concentration.  Second here are some more UL Study.com courses.  Not sure on all of them, so you should check before using them.

These should all work, but I'm not 100% sure that they won't duplicate each other
BUS 305: Leadership Communication (MAN-376) - confirmed that this would work by someone on the forum
BUS 313: Organizational Communication (COM-391) - confirmed that this would work by someone on the forum, plus it's a COM prefix so it's good
BUS 324: Managerial Communication (MAN-373) - confirmed that this would work by someone on the forum

These will work (PSY prefix works in SocSci concentration, but not HUM):
BUS 323: Organizational Theory (PSY-360)
PSY 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology (PSY-401)
PSY 310: Psychology of Personality (PSY-352)
PSY 312: History & Systems of Psychology (PSY-400)

These are iffy:
BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior (MAN-312)
BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (MAR-441 but comes into CIS area)

The CIS prefix is a NatSci (not HUM), not certain that these will all work:
COMPSCI 302: Systems Analysis & Design (CIS-320)
COMPSCI 303: Database Management (CIS-311)
BUS 303: Management Info Systems (CIS-301)

If someone were to take all of the BUS comm courses, TESU could have an issue with it because they are similar?
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(09-18-2018, 01:40 PM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 09:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, wanted to let you know that History, Soc, and Psych are not considered Humanities.  They are SocSci courses that would not work in the HUM concentration.  Second here are some more UL Study.com courses.  Not sure on all of them, so you should check before using them.

These should all work, but I'm not 100% sure that they won't duplicate each other
BUS 305: Leadership Communication (MAN-376) - confirmed that this would work by someone on the forum
BUS 313: Organizational Communication (COM-391) - confirmed that this would work by someone on the forum, plus it's a COM prefix so it's good
BUS 324: Managerial Communication (MAN-373) - confirmed that this would work by someone on the forum

These will work (PSY prefix works in SocSci concentration, but not HUM):
BUS 323: Organizational Theory (PSY-360)
PSY 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology (PSY-401)
PSY 310: Psychology of Personality (PSY-352)
PSY 312: History & Systems of Psychology (PSY-400)

These are iffy:
BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior (MAN-312)
BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (MAR-441 but comes into CIS area)

The CIS prefix is a NatSci (not HUM), not certain that these will all work:
COMPSCI 302: Systems Analysis & Design (CIS-320)
COMPSCI 303: Database Management (CIS-311)
BUS 303: Management Info Systems (CIS-301)

If someone were to take all of the BUS comm courses, TESU could have an issue with it because they are similar?

I truly don't know.  If you're willing to be a guinea pig, that would be awesome for you to take them all and report back!!  Big Grin
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I could try seeing what they say. I don't see what the issue is, they accept a whole whack of different topics in psych or history courses.
Credits:
(09-19-2018, 08:27 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: I could try seeing what they say. I don't see what the issue is, they accept a whole whack of different topics in psych or history courses.

Wasn't the question whether they take all 3 of the Comm courses without there being any overlap?
(09-19-2018, 09:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 08:27 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: I could try seeing what they say. I don't see what the issue is, they accept a whole whack of different topics in psych or history courses.

Wasn't the question whether they take all 3 of the Comm courses without there being any overlap?

Kind of, but isn't there overlap in the psych courses as well?
Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,764 Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,764 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,011 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 529 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 569 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 677 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az