Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Credits at Study.com
Currently working towards a BSLA at Excelsior.  I've completed most of my LL courses at Sophia and I plan to finish at Study.com.

The UL courses at Sophia are nonexistent and the ones at Study.com don't all make sense for my degree. Is there a better source to find UL courses?

I would like to find different courses for the health and business courses because:

1. I don't think they will transfer well

2. I really don't want to take them XD

UL Courses at Study.com that supposedly work for a BSLA:

English 305: Advanced Technical Writing (this one makes sense)
Health 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare (I'm not sure how this will transfer)
Health 302: Health Services Policy (I don't know how any of the health will transfer)
Health 305: Healthcare Finance and Budgeting (These courses seem to only be for nursing)
Health 307: Healthcare Delivery Systems (This supposedly transfers as free elective)
Health 308: Healthcare Quality & Outcome Measurement
Health 309: Healthcare Informatics
Psychology 311: Physiological Psychology( I'm worried the psychology courses will duplicate each other)
Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation
Psychology 316: Advanced Social Psychology
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work
Business 327: Retail Strategy (Not sure how the business ones will transfer but supposedly they're all free or humanities)
Business 321: Small Business Management
Business 313: Organizational Management
Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior
Business 303: Management Information Systems
Working on: B.S. in Liberal Arts at Excelsior University

#SophiaAmbassador

Try checking out Coopersmith. They use ProctorU, which isn't great, but they have some fun/interesting-sounding courses. You can see some courses that have worked for Excelsior in the past here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting I don't know if History of Food Trucks would work there, but it sounds like fun!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Arto
(09-11-2022, 02:20 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Try checking out Coopersmith. They use ProctorU, which isn't great, but they have some fun/interesting-sounding courses. You can see some courses that have worked for Excelsior in the past here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting I don't know if History of Food Trucks would work there, but it sounds like fun!
I'll take a look! I've used some weird proctor testing services before, so we'll see how it goes.

#SophiaAmbassador

The easiest way to check is Study.com's list of courses for EU - it lists where they bring it in, and if it's UL or LL.  You want Humanities or SocSci courses. https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

The BSL is 21cr of UL in A&S, and then 9cr of UL can be in Free Electives.  So for your 21cr in A&S, you'll have the capstone, and then need 6 courses; for the 9cr in Free Electives, you'll have the cornerstone, and then need 2 courses (that's where the UL business courses, health, whatever, will work) 

DEFINITE YES (I know these work in A&S)
English 305: Advanced Technical Writing (this one makes sense) HUMANITIES
Psychology 311: Physiological Psychology SOCSCI
Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation [b]SOCSCI[/b]
Psychology 316: Advanced Social Psychology [b]SOCSCI[/b]
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work [b]SOCSCI[/b]
Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior [b]SOCSCI[/b]
BUS 313: Organizational Communication [b][b]HUMANITIES[/b][/b]
[b][b]BUS 318: Management Ethics UL ETHICS COURSE (HUMANITIES)[/b][/b]
THE PSYCH COURSES DO NOT DUPLICATE EACH OTHER

DEFINITE NO (these should work in Free Electives, but not A&S - check the list to make sure they still take a course)
Health 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare (I'm not sure how this will transfer) THIS USED TO WORK AS AN UL ETHICS COURSE
Health 302: Health Services Policy (I don't know how any of the health will transfer)
Health 305: Healthcare Finance and Budgeting (These courses seem to only be for nursing)
Health 307: Healthcare Delivery Systems (This supposedly transfers as free elective)
Business 327: Retail Strategy (Not sure how the business ones will transfer but supposedly they're all free or humanities)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Arto, browniebo, origamishuttle
The BSLA is a great option at Excelsior, it's pretty flexible for credits as well... You should get a spreadsheet and create a template of what you're trying to accomplish with the required courses and the elective courses you want to take. What you can do is to maximize your studies by taking the required courses first, with the free electives, you can take courses that interest you such as the Business or Health related courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • browniebo
(09-11-2022, 03:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The easiest way to check is Study.com's list of courses for EU - it lists where they bring it in, and if it's UL or LL.  You want Humanities or SocSci courses. https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

The BSL is 21cr of UL in A&S, and then 9cr of UL can be in Free Electives.  So for your 21cr in A&S, you'll have the capstone, and then need 6 courses; for the 9cr in Free Electives, you'll have the cornerstone, and then need 2 courses (that's where the UL business courses, health, whatever, will work) 

DEFINITE YES (I know these work in A&S)
English 305: Advanced Technical Writing (this one makes sense) HUMANITIES
Psychology 311: Physiological Psychology SOCSCI
Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation [b]SOCSCI[/b]
Psychology 316: Advanced Social Psychology [b]SOCSCI[/b]
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work [b]SOCSCI[/b]
Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior [b]SOCSCI[/b]
BUS 313: Organizational Communication [b][b]HUMANITIES[/b][/b]
[b][b]BUS 318: Management Ethics UL ETHICS COURSE (HUMANITIES)[/b][/b]
THE PSYCH COURSES DO NOT DUPLICATE EACH OTHER

DEFINITE NO (these should work in Free Electives, but not A&S - check the list to make sure they still take a course)
Health 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare (I'm not sure how this will transfer) THIS USED TO WORK AS AN UL ETHICS COURSE

This is beyond helpful, thank you.

(09-11-2022, 10:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The BSLA is a great option at Excelsior, it's pretty flexible for credits as well... You should get a spreadsheet and create a template of what you're trying to accomplish with the required courses and the elective courses you want to take.  What you can do is to maximize your studies by taking the required courses first, with the free electives, you can take courses that interest you such as the Business or Health related courses.

I printed a spreadsheet out and stuck it on my wall. When I finish a course I cross it off. Satisfying and it keeps me in check. The LL courses are under control so I just needed some help with the UL courses. You've been a lot of help, thank you!!

#SophiaAmbassador

Generally speaking, Study.com is going to be your best source of UL credits. You can check TECEP's and Coopersmith and other places like that and find a few more
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 94 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,325 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,482 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,868 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly