Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: Bachelors degree, see details. (lol)
Ok yeah it all sounds good. As soon as I get the review back I will post it here. Cost isn't really an issue, I can do cleps/dsst for free and tuition assistance will cover courses at whichever school that I have a degree plan through. Because of that, I cant take classes at different schools unless I choose to pay out of pocket(which I have no desire to do).
(01-17-2019, 12:19 PM)Troymen Wrote: Ok yeah it all sounds good. As soon as I get the review back I will post it here. Cost isn't really an issue, I can do cleps/dsst for free and tuition assistance will cover courses at whichever school that I have a degree plan through. Because of that, I cant take classes at different schools unless I choose to pay out of pocket(which I have no desire to do).

Makes sense. You could plan your degree to have the final 16 credits at TESU so that residency is covered. As mentioned, TECEPs should count. Doing a few alternative credits through study.com or another source shouldn't break the bank if you want to pursue that option for physics 1/2 and project management.

We won't know until you get your academic evaluation back, but presumably you will still need 12 UL credits in technical studies. Tesu has a handful of UL courses in electronics, so this may be good for your background. Add in the capstone and cornerstone and you've hit your 16 credits of residency... Plus the 1 credit physics 2 lab.

Diversity and Civic engagement would be best accomplished by the appropriate CLEPs.

Algebra, precalculus and statistics can be covered by CLEP and DSST combined if you're good with independently studying for those ahead of time. There are other ways such as ALEKS($20/month) to get these.

Besides any resources your base can provide the CLEP and DSST websites both state that they offer free study guides to active duty military.

Physics 1 lab can be done via StraighterLine or you can do it with TESU since the tuition should be covered. Either way is probably about the same amount of work and either way you buy a lab kit.

That *should* just leave project management and physics 1/2 which, which in my opinion can be best accomplished with study.com in 1-2 months.

*Project management through study.com is UL so that plus 3 credit capstone plus 12 UL credits in technical subject would satisfy the 18 UL credits requirement.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(01-17-2019, 04:01 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 12:19 PM)Troymen Wrote: Ok yeah it all sounds good.  As soon as I get the review back I will post it here.  Cost isn't really an issue, I can do cleps/dsst for free and tuition assistance will cover courses at whichever school that I have a degree plan through.  Because of that, I cant take classes at different schools unless I choose to pay out of pocket(which I have no desire to do).

Makes sense. You could plan your degree to have the final 16 credits at TESU so that residency is covered. As mentioned, TECEPs should count. Doing a few alternative credits through study.com or another source shouldn't break the bank if you want to pursue that option for physics 1/2 and project management.

If the OP is active duty military, then there's no residency waiver is there?  He just needs 16cr of residency, and TECEP's count - so cornerstone, capstone, and 4 easy LL TECEP's.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Correct. That's what I meant. Taking 16 credits to satisfy residency.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
Basically, the OP needs to get all their credits from alternative sources (CLEP/DSST/ACE/NCCRS, etc) and at TESU, they'll need to take 7 TECEPS (easiest LL ones, hopefully) and the Capstone to meeting the residency requirements in order to get their degree.

The residency requirement for Military/Service People is 24 credits for a Bachelors and 12 for an Associates. The residency waiver option or the 16 credits residency option applies only to non-service people.

It's all a bit confusing, but the info is in this link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/r...quirements
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Even though I've read that part about requiring 24 credits for people in the military completion plan, I've heard conflicting things from the military/vet advisors I've talked to. My situation may be different as a veteran (now) but I also talked to them when I was active duty. That's something the OP would have to sort out.

I guess it depends on how the evaluation comes back but taking some TECEPs for the sake of residency may not be the best option if:
A) they dont't contribute to the OP's planned degree
&
B) the OP still needs to take some courses in AOS

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
(01-17-2019, 08:54 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Even though I've read that part about requiring 24 credits for people in the military completion plan, I've heard conflicting things from the military/vet advisors I've talked to. My situation may be different as a veteran (now) but I also talked to them when I was active duty. That's something the OP would have to sort out.

I guess it depends on how the evaluation comes back but taking some TECEPs for the sake of residency may not be the best option if:
A) they dont't contribute to the OP's planned degree
&
B) the OP still needs to take some courses in AOS

If the OP needs to get more than a few courses in the AOS, then he'd probably be better off in the Comprehensive plan, or a different degree altogether, wouldn't he?  Or am I thinking of the higher per-credit tuition plan?

I'm guessing it's probably better to just wait and see the eval before making any decisions.  But, the OP can certainly take the GE's that are required now while waiting for the eval to come through.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-18-2019, 02:02 AM)dfrecore Wrote: ...
If the OP needs to get more than a few courses in the AOS, then he'd probably be better off in the Comprehensive plan, or a different degree altogether, wouldn't he?  Or am I thinking of the higher per-credit tuition plan?

Except that if he plans to use GI benefits, then the comprehensive plan isn't allowed as I recall. They don't even list that as an option on the military tuition page:

https://www.tesu.edu/military/tuition-fees
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
The OP mentioned using military tuition assistance which is different than GI bill benefits. As davewill mentioned, comprehensive isn't an option for people using GI bill or military tuition assistance.

No matter what degree they choose, they could certainly start work on CLEPS/DSST for diversity, Civic engagement and math requirements since those would be needed for any degree.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
(01-17-2019, 12:19 PM)Troymen Wrote: Ok yeah it all sounds good.  As soon as I get the review back I will post it here.  Cost isn't really an issue, I can do cleps/dsst for free and tuition assistance will cover courses at whichever school that I have a degree plan through.  Because of that, I cant take classes at different schools unless I choose to pay out of pocket(which I have no desire to do).

Looking forward to your update!

(01-08-2019, 03:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you're thinking Athabasca University, you need to think again, they don't take alternative credit.  I would follow Natshar's recommendations.  Your best bet is the TESU BS Tech Studies or the BALS, quickly apply to them and you should send in your transcripts to see which degree is closest to completion.  I don't suggest anything other than the TESU BS Tech Studies for your courses as the other BS's require specific courses, the Tech Studies will many times take in Lower Level and place them in the required Upper Level field - with the amount of AVI and ELT courses, you may already have the Area of Study completed.
 So to clarify-- TESU sometimes takes LL's and applies them to UL slots? Does that mean req'd amount of ULs for the Tech Studies degree varies case by case?
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,007 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 480 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 950 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia