Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

[-] The following 2 users Like frankc's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, origamishuttle
Thanks for the heads up. Where do you see the June 1 effective date?

I’m looking to start June 1, but this new curriculum totally changes what I was planning on transferring in. I received my official transcript evaluation last week… any idea whether I’ll be able to get grandfathered in under the old/current curriculum?
(04-17-2023, 09:56 PM)BitWiseGuy Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Where do you see the June 1 effective date?

I’m looking to start June 1, but this new curriculum totally changes what I was planning on transferring in. I received my official transcript evaluation last week… any idea whether I’ll be able to get grandfathered in under the old/current curriculum?

"The planned release date of the new program(s) will be Thursday, June 1 for current students. Please work closely with your Program Mentor to determine if it makes sense to move to the new version upon release or stay with the current version of the B.S. Computer Science program.
How does this affect me? If you choose to continue with the current version of the program, you will not be affected. If you choose to opt for the new version, you will work with your Program Mentor."

No problem. This is the email people getting, so I'm not sure if they will grandfather it. It's best to ask your mentor about it. 
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

[-] The following 1 user Likes frankc's post:
  • origamishuttle
I just spoke with my mentor earlier today & she didn’t mention anything. And I scheduled another call with her to get clarification, but if I’m reading the email correctly, it sounds like I’ll be able to start with the current curriculum. (Fingers crossed!)

I didn’t get any email about this change either, so thanks again for sharing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BitWiseGuy's post:
  • origamishuttle
WGU Change their BSCS content yet? Ouch, I don't recall what they 'had' to compare to what they have currently... https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/co...ience.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-08-2023, 09:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: WGU Change their BSCS content yet?  Ouch, I don't recall what they 'had' to compare to what they have currently... https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/co...ience.html

I think they did update around June. 

The degree plan was updated as well, so everything should be good
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-08-2023, 09:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: WGU Change their BSCS content yet?  Ouch, I don't recall what they 'had' to compare to what they have currently... https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/co...ience.html

It wasn't a major change. The Software engineering degree had a major overhaul(and name change) and some of the updated classes there also applied to the CS degree in June. The main change being splitting up Software I & II(worth 6 credits each) into 4 classes; 3 java & 1 backend. They also replaced the project management course with a Linux course and threw in a 1 credit version control course.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How often change the curriculum wgu Imbanewbie 4 1,471 01-19-2021, 10:39 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  how rigorous is the WGU BSCS? sciencemathematics1 2 1,938 06-18-2020, 11:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  WGU - BSCS quigongene 31 8,151 03-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Last Post: ajs1976a
  WGU MBA Curriculum Change dposborne 5 1,155 07-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Last Post: dposborne