Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Education Degrees
Does anyone have experience with WGU’s education degrees? Specifically looking at the MA and post-bacc programs for individuals who are not yet licensed teachers.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

kalishakti Wrote:Does anyone have experience with WGU’s education degrees? Specifically looking at the MA and post-bacc programs for individuals who are not yet licensed teachers.

Hello,
I don't have experience with WGU, but I have researched them since 2012 when I wanted to go for my Bachelors.
Anyways, they maybe your best and cheapest option for online teachers education. They are rated that too.

Please see a couple of similar posts below. I have recommended WGU as its a reputable online school.
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...2-gpa.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/graduate-scho...ogram.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I didn't go for that, but it sounds like a good deal. I told my friend to try it. She went with University of Phoenix. She has her teaching job now, but also regrets the insane cost, since most teachers are not exactly rolling in money. I told her, "I tried to warn you."
Although I have no personal experience with their education degrees, I did complete an online bachelor of science in nursing at WGU and totally enjoyed my experience with that school. In addition, the tuition and fees were reasonable. I paid a grand total of $5,800 for the BS degree completion program and it took me 10 months since the school allows you to move at your own pace.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)
aren't there some states that don't accept WGU's nursing degrees or education degrees
I have no experience with them other than applying (which was a horrible experience, but I won't go into that). They are ranked very high by U.S. News and some education organization for teacher preparation. I believe they were ranked #1 for elementary teacher preparation and #16 for something else. However, I recommend looking into your state's alternative teacher certification program unless you have a limited number of schools in your area that will accept provisionally licensed teachers. WGU and other "traditional" certification programs require a semester of unpaid, student teaching, and you have to pay a fee to the school. It makes it very difficult to work.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I have no experience with them other than applying (which was a horrible experience, but I won't go into that). They are ranked very high by U.S. News and some education organization for teacher preparation. I believe they were ranked #1 for elementary teacher preparation and #16 for something else. However, I recommend looking into your state's alternative teacher certification program unless you have a limited number of schools in your area that will accept provisionally licensed teachers. WGU and other "traditional" certification programs require a semester of unpaid, student teaching, and you have to pay a fee to the school. It makes it very difficult to work.

California has a completely online CalTEACH program, and they allow you to be paid during your student teaching (if you can find a school who will do that). I have a friend going through it right now (she graduated 20 years ago with a degree in Marketing). Not that I have a clue where you live, but if lame CA has something like this, I'm sure other states do as well (and it's not too terribly expensive either).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Not that I have a clue where you live, but if lame CA has something like this, I'm sure other states do as well (and it's not too terribly expensive either).
State of Florida. I did check the state DOE site for information about alternative certification but the only thing I was able to find was the EPI program, which is basically a post-bacc offered through the state colleges and public universities. The EPI in my local area requires 21 credits of hybrid online and physical courses and also has a GPA requirement Sad
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 884 Yesterday, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 334 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,447 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master's or PhD in Linguistics/Education/English Mister Linguist 16 2,119 12-10-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: nykorn
  Online Master of Arts in Education (French language) TennisCoach 16 1,290 12-07-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: nykorn
  VA Discredits HES Eligibility for VA Education Benefits smartdegree 5 590 11-28-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Updated List of MOOC Bachelors/Masters degrees bjcheung77 3 2,065 09-26-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Fastest Least Expensive Masters in Psychology or Education dbwdb 21 3,719 09-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ejones
  What are people's reasons for taking Masters in Education jb111 10 3,813 09-09-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ejones
  Masters in Elementary Education teacher2 4 1,042 09-09-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts