Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA Course Configuration Input Needed
Anyone recently complete c207 data driven decision making that can answer some more involved questions?
(11-30-2018, 04:56 PM)jjsafari Wrote: Anyone recently complete c207 data driven decision making that can answer some more involved questions?

I am not with WGU but i have taken Data Analysis for Managers. What questions you have?

East Central University
Bachelors of Science - 2015
Biology

Southeastern Oklahoma State University
AACSB-Accredited
Masters of Business Administration - 2019
Management
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
27/34

For marketing I was A little intimidated by the paper. It was surprisingly easy to complete when I put all the headings down and just answered the prompts. First submission. Was comptent.

Economics: know all about eslasticity, know about what the federal reserve would do if _______

Thatbankdude ill pm you
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johmford's post:
  • ThatBankDude
(11-30-2018, 04:56 PM)jjsafari Wrote: Anyone recently complete c207 data driven decision making that can answer some more involved questions?

I completed C207 last month. I'll be happy to answer what I can.
WGU MBA IT Management Feb. 2019
Excelsior BSLA April 2018
University of Indianapolis - 61 credits
Davar - Computer Lit, Org Behavior 
DSST - Principles Of Statistics, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision,Substance Abuse 
Excelsior - Bioethics, Assoc Capstone, Bachelors Capstone 
Straighterline - Personal Fitness & Wellness, Cultural Anthropology, Student Success, Criminal Justice, Env Science, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology 1, Bus Ethics
Sophia.org - Effective Teams, Project Management, Intro to Info Tech

(12-01-2018, 03:17 PM)Kima Wrote:

I completed C207 last month. I'll be happy to answer what I can.

PM'ed
Anyone have experience with the capstone? It seems like the capsim is not very well integrated in to the course.

Leave some feedback and tips if you’ve completed it please!
(12-10-2018, 06:15 PM)jjsafari Wrote: Anyone have experience with the capstone? It seems like the capsim is not very well integrated in to the course.

I'm working on it right now. The team scheduling and communication is by far the most difficult part of this entire program.
(12-10-2018, 11:09 PM)amilitab4k9 Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 06:15 PM)jjsafari Wrote: Anyone have experience with the capstone? It seems like the capsim is not very well integrated in to the course.

I'm working on it right now. The team scheduling and communication is by far the most difficult part of this entire program.

How quickly can you get through the simulation? Do you all have to be logged in at once to do it?
(12-12-2018, 02:54 PM)jjsafari Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 11:09 PM)amilitab4k9 Wrote:

How quickly can you get through the simulation? Do you all have to be logged in at once to do it?

You don't all have to be logged in simultaneously. However, the decisions must be made in order, so you have to wait for the person ahead of you to go, etc. So, I may enter my decisions in the morning and then have to wait until the next guy gets home from work in the evening to keep the ball rolling. 

We started working on it last weekend. We did two practice rounds on Saturday and then decided to start over Sunday morning. So, between Sunday morning and Tuesday evening we were able to complete 4 practice rounds (some people couldn't do it at work during the day). We have since completed 2 more. Our goal is to spend all day Saturday and get as many of the competition rounds done as possible. Everyone wants to get done before Christmas, so we are working really hard and putting a lot of time in. 

By now, I would say it takes us about 1-2 hours for each round or working time, not waiting time. When you do the rounds back to back it is faster because everything is still fresh in your mind.

It gets faster as you get the hang of it and build out decision making spreadsheets (really helps for marketing & R&D). Also, the better you communicate, the better it will go. We have just ended up using group texts, which has worked fine. Figuring out communication and scheduling in the beginning was a challenge, though.
Anyone have their top tips for completing the simulations successfully and painlessly?

I know a lot depends on your team members, but anything helps! Feel free to PM it to me if you dont want to share here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Input on My Amberton University Master's/HR Certification Plan Claudia P 8 571 02-13-2024, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Online MSCS from University of Colorado Boulder, No bachelor’s degree needed frankc 13 3,026 04-22-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  RA Masters needed 18 old credits BethB 7 1,198 04-09-2021, 12:06 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Advice needed on which Grad school to choose lyndsey233 15 3,333 12-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: lyndsey233
  Need Input/Advice ThatBankDude 7 1,407 02-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Advice needed- Graduate Program for teaching gstekis 13 4,514 08-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Last Post: sterjs