Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA Reddit - Finish in 1 term
(01-01-2021, 11:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote: If you're on the WGU Accelerator's group on FB, you'll see that a ton of people have completed the MBA and MSOL in one term. It seems to be quite common for people to finish one of those degrees in 1 term.

Fb group link please?
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

Someone did the MSCSIA in less than 2 weeks!

How he did, it was he had all the certifications, so he already knew everything. Moreover, half the master's classes were exams, and half were written assignments.

WGU is CBE that allows you to accelerate, considering you put in the time and have some previous knowledge.  Each course has 1 exam or assignment, and you're done.

On the other hand, Purdue Global is also CBE; however, they have 'Module-Gating,' which the next module won't be unlocked until they grade your paper, which takes 24hrs to grade.  So considering each course has 5-6 modules each, and there are exams/assignments for each module, this limits your ability to speed through courses. However, Purdue Global is still a good option because you can transfer in 75% of the credits, so even if it takes you 6-9 months to finish the last 8 courses, it's still not a bad deal and far faster than 4-5 years a traditional college education would take. 

People that are college accelerators aren't bragging. They are just happy to save time and money.  A lot of them want to help others achieve similar results as them.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • jch, Pikachu
(10-28-2021, 04:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There are a few people on the board taking that degree, I wouldn't be surprise if the person who wrote the reddit post would be someone on the board... quigongene - you reading this? You're the awesome college credit munching speed demon who I first thought of...

I started MSITM on 10/1....and caught the flu 2 weeks later....just submitted the last paper for Power, Influence and Leadership and enrolled in ITM....I probably could have finished the MSCSIA from WGU in a few months, but I want to get that credential from GA Tech.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

I know this thread is for the MBA, however, I just completed the MSML in two months.  I did not have a lot of managerial experience or many business classes from my undergraduate degree.  I wanted to accelerate and basically gave up having an active social life until I completed the degree.  I do not have children, or a full-time job to distract me.  It can totally be done.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
[-] The following 5 users Like collegechick's post:
  • brainfroze, jsd, LevelUP, Pikachu, ss20ts
collegechick Wrote:I know this thread is for the MBA, however, I just completed the MSML in two months.  I did not have a lot of managerial experience or many business classes from my undergraduate degree.  I wanted to accelerate and basically gave up having an active social life until I completed the degree.  I do not have children, or a full-time job to distract me.  It can totally be done.

Congrats! That's an amazing job! Awesome work girlfriend! Two months is nothing to scoff at, it's fantastic!
It's wonderful that you have the energy/time to get these done and you jumped at it when the opportunity was there...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • collegechick
(10-31-2021, 11:51 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
collegechick Wrote:I know this thread is for the MBA, however, I just completed the MSML in two months.  I did not have a lot of managerial experience or many business classes from my undergraduate degree.  I wanted to accelerate and basically gave up having an active social life until I completed the degree.  I do not have children, or a full-time job to distract me.  It can totally be done.

Congrats!  That's an amazing job!  Awesome work girlfriend!  Two months is nothing to scoff at, it's fantastic!
It's wonderful that you have the energy/time to get these done and you jumped at it when the opportunity was there...

Thank you bjcheung!  I am so happy to be done.  It was a good experience.  At times the coursework was repetitive and tedious, but I'm glad I finished it!  I hope your studies are going well too.  Smile
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
"Success is like being pregnant, everyone says congratulations but nobody knows how many times you got fked." - Harvey Specter
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • quigongene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walden or WGU MBA in 1 term... Arkansas-study 6 290 04-04-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course? whiverem 32 7,280 01-19-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tips for success at WGU (to finish in a single term) Merlin 2 5,346 01-19-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: nykorn
Sad Struggling to finish angellicarob 3 667 10-26-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Do you have to be super smart to finish WGU? What can you do to eliminate any doubts whiverem 30 6,514 05-23-2023, 07:49 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  My One Term WGU MBA Popestt 8 5,753 01-13-2021, 05:04 PM
Last Post: LongRoad
  WGU term breaks? KellyClyde 0 3,399 09-25-2020, 12:27 PM
Last Post: KellyClyde
  WGU BS-CS in 1 term? THEBLASTFUN 17 4,739 03-21-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: xicovu
  average time to finish WGU - opinions wanted EducationSeeker 21 7,396 07-27-2019, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Is ten courses at WGU in one term going to make me crazy? udi 18 7,014 06-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Last Post: akr680