Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WGU announced a new Master of Science in Learning Experience Design and Education
(06-04-2023, 05:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I never imagined I would still be in my first course over a month into my term. It's kind of ridiculous!

Idk where you are in the course but one course a month is 10 month degree, which is not horrible. Honestly any masters degree you can get in 1 year or less is good and above average. Most masters are even 2yrs.
(06-20-2023, 08:38 PM)natshar Wrote:
(06-04-2023, 05:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I never imagined I would still be in my first course over a month into my term. It's kind of ridiculous!

Idk where you are in the course but one course a month is 10 month degree, which is not horrible. Honestly any masters degree you can get in 1 year or less is good and above average. Most masters are even 2yrs.

With a CBE program many of us move much quicker than a butts in a seats program. When I completed my MBA, my terms were 10 weeks. I'm coming up on that already in my class at WGU. The instructions are very poorly written. The Evaluators and CIs are not on the same page. There are constantly complaints about the tasks on the Facebook groups because our work is returned to us over and over for things not mentioned in the instructions or rubric. The CIs give us advice and it's quite often wrong. I just had this happen last week. Did everything my CI told me to do and everything was wrong from the Evaluators. 

If you want to spend 2 years working on a master's, feel free. That's not for me. I did an MBA in 10 months. I graduated with a 4.0. It's not that difficult to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • openair
(06-21-2023, 11:24 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 08:38 PM)natshar Wrote:

With a CBE program many of us move much quicker than a butts in a seats program. When I completed my MBA, my terms were 10 weeks. I'm coming up on that already in my class at WGU. The instructions are very poorly written. The Evaluators and CIs are not on the same page. There are constantly complaints about the tasks on the Facebook groups because our work is returned to us over and over for things not mentioned in the instructions or rubric. The CIs give us advice and it's quite often wrong. I just had this happen last week. Did everything my CI told me to do and everything was wrong from the Evaluators. 

If you want to spend 2 years working on a master's, feel free. That's not for me. I did an MBA in 10 months. I graduated with a 4.0. It's not that difficult to do.
10 weeks and still one class in? Yes I can see the issue. And with your experience in online education I can see how you should be able to move quicker. And at this rate it might 2 yrs for this degree.

No I agree with you. I was jsut saying that compared to a traditional approach. I guess I see these mega excelalrators for WGU and its easy to be discouraged and compare yourself of others. My point was even if you aren't as crazy as some (MBA in 30 days etc) getting any masters in under 1.5-2 yrs puts you ahead of the curve when it comes to graduate education.

But it definatley sounds like this program needs some work.
Any updates on this? I'm curious about this program. I already have an MS in Software Development but I want to eventually transition into teaching and/or content development for online higher education programs. This program looks great on paper, but it definitely sounds like there's issues that need to be worked out...
MS Software Development - Maryville University of St. Louis (2021) - GPA: 4.0  Heart
BS Psychology - Excelsior University (2019) - GPA: 3.75

...returned to help fiancé obtain his BABA in PM & MIS at UMPI (in progress)  Big Grin
(09-08-2023, 02:18 PM)impasta Wrote: Any updates on this? I'm curious about this program. I already have an MS in Software Development but I want to eventually transition into teaching and/or content development for online higher education programs. This program looks great on paper, but it definitely sounds like there's issues that need to be worked out...

I left the program in August. I moved to the MSITM and have been making good progress. I finished my first course in a week. Very different programs. MSITM has FAR more support from the CIs. Cohorts are prerecorded so you don't have to sign up and wait a few weeks for the video which is great because you get access to it the day you add the course.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • allvia, Life_One

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer Science Degree Help Ad Nauseam 5 271 Today, 12:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU Education Degree Path Ad Nauseam 4 278 04-18-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Ad Nauseam
  WGU BS in Health Science Jonathan Whatley 3 256 04-06-2024, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  WGU Master's in Elementary Education - Progress Thread nykorn 1 380 03-22-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,334 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 771 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  Computer Science Program is now ABET accredited frankc 18 1,750 10-12-2023, 12:58 PM
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,617 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
  New Master's in HRM ss20ts 4 1,300 08-08-2023, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  15-year-old with master’s degree prepares for law school Imbanewbie 7 1,207 03-11-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: dfrecore