Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waiting over a YEAR for evaluation
I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with TESU and the academic evaluation. My partner originally sent documents in January 2017 for an evaluation. Everything was received and we were asked to wait. The woman handling the evaluation was extremely rude and never finished the eval. We've been in contact with other staff members and are always told it's "being processed." 

There's nothing special or complicated about the transcripts sent over. Simply 3 years of classes taken at UW. Over the past year my partner has been completing classes and taking CLEP tests but it would be nice to know what is going to transfer and what won't. 

A new staff member has taken over the evaluation but it's been almost two months now. This new guy is much nicer but still nothing is getting done. 

Any suggestions?
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

Is this a unofficial evaluation request, or did your partner actually apply (meaning pay the application fee)?  What degree program was the evaluation request for?  The transcripts for the WU course was an official copy send from UW - or unofficial copy?  Were the CLEPS results already sent over to TESU too?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Official request and application. Fee paid for the eval. BSBAGM. Official copies sent from UW and CLEPS have been taken while waiting for the eval to finish. Hope that helps. Thanks!!
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

Why are taking ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, Stats (in progress) 

ALEKS is no longer an option for college credit.
Sounds like a problem going on there. No one else that I've seen on here has ever been "asked to wait." I would contact them again, and state that you applied, send over all of your transcripts, and you never got your eval completed. Ask what the next step is.

BTW - did you get your MyEdison account info so you could log on and see everything?

A year is a ridiculous time to wait, I wouldn't have waited more than a month; at this point, everything probably isn't even in their system any longer! Everything kind of "expires" after a few months of nothing happening.

If the person you're talking to can't help, ask to talk to their manager, take it up the chain if need be.

And next time there's a problem, do NOT wait! Make things happen, or find out what the problem is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • High_Order1
You should give them an email and a call in regards to your issue, transcript updates only take at most 3-4 weeks. I have sent in transcripts and at most TESU did take was the 25 business days each time... Send them an email to have them respond back in writing.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Johmford
I've never heard of that. A lot of the evals are auto generated and the advisor simply moves things around. I mean, they do have to match things up to what TESU offers, but it's not something that should take that long. What is happening to the newest ACE courses? Are they being added to OSS? Or are ACE transcripts and CLEP not sent over yet? Maybe they lost the app fee and think you only need unofficial eval. I don't know, definitely contact them. It shouldn't take more than the 25 business days.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
We've been contacting them regularly throughout the past 15 months and get the same response. We've been through several staff members and get the same answer. Doesn't matter if it's over the phone or through email, they just say it's processing.

No "MyEdison" account yet, still waiting for it.

I don't know what more we can do. It's extremely frustrating.

(02-28-2018, 09:48 PM)lillingworth Wrote: We've been contacting them regularly throughout the past 15 months and get the same response. We've been through several staff members and get the same answer. Doesn't matter if it's over the phone or through email, they just say it's processing.

No "MyEdison" account yet, still waiting for it.

I don't know what more we can do. It's extremely frustrating.

Well then, this is ridiculous.  Go ahead and start heading up the chain immediately.  Call, ask for the name and job title of the first person you see, tell them you're writing everything down, there has been a major breakthrough in communication and you're going as high up as you need to go to get this done NOW!

Then, write it all down.  Take names.  Tell them you are writing their names, and if you need to take it to the president of the college, you will.  Ask them to spell their name. Keep a notebook with the info.  Everything you discuss with each person.  Great, thanks for that information, now please transfer me to your direct supervisor.  Keep doing that every time you talk to someone.

OMG, I'm getting worked up and this isn't even my issue!!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Wait, you do not have a My Edison account? You're not a registered student or enrolled - That's the first thing that came to mind! Did you get an email with your student number? Did it give you your student logon or another email? Hmm, email them and go up to the director level or higher if you need to.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 125 4 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 398 04-22-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,251 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 647 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  TESU Academic Evaluation & Maximum Transfer Credits bradonomics 19 2,093 09-07-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,308 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Question about my Academic Evaluation AnalysisParalysis 19 2,236 07-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Yolan
  Study.com, TESU Evaluation & Residency dbrown2258 33 2,510 04-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU evaluation question/complaint Amberlinjeanne 10 1,407 05-24-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Transcript evaluation - transferring RA creds into TESU jazzcat 23 2,781 03-14-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: jazzcat