Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning about Brightspace Modules
So I found today that Brightspace will not leave a module incomplete or flag you in any way if you don't pass a milestone with a 3. I got all the way to the end of a class and couldn't figure out what was going on, because even though absolutely everything had a check mark next to it, and there was nothing flagged up, my final draft submission area would not open up. I finally got ahold of the learning support team and they said my second milestone from over a month ago had not received a passing score. I went back and looked and there's nothing really unusual to flag up that the score isn't passing, if the professor doesn't specifically say so in the notes. This is very different to every other online course platform I have used before, where either it won't allow you to progress til the milestone is a passing score, or at least it will leave it showing incomplete or flagged somehow. In UMPI, as you can see from the screenshot, all it says is "Well Done! You have completed the assignment". LOL. And all the modules just show check marks. So yeah just wanted to post this for any new UMPI Yourpace students so you know to carefully check the number on your score.

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2024-04-26 135553.png (Size: 299.05 KB / Downloads: 42)
.png   Screenshot 2024-04-26 135253.png (Size: 17.39 KB / Downloads: 32)
[-] The following 5 users Like yc1981's post:
  • Darknigh7, jch, origamishuttle, Pikachu, RachelB
Ouch! That seems very easy to overlook.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Anything lower than a 3 is less than a B, correct? That's what I thought, they want everything to at least be at that level before passing you. It's just strange that the system doesn't auto flag or note you haven't pass that on the previous pages, they should update that area if at all possible...
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes you have to get a 3 to pass the module, in spite of the user interface saying the module is completed. Definitely easy to overlook. Thankfully my professor let me submit my final draft by email but others might not have been so helpful.
[-] The following 2 users Like yc1981's post:
  • Darknigh7, jch
(04-26-2024, 01:57 PM)yc1981 Wrote: So I found today that Brightspace will not leave a module incomplete or flag you in any way if you don't pass a milestone with a 3. I got all the way to the end of a class and couldn't figure out what was going on, because even though absolutely everything had a check mark next to it, and there was nothing flagged up, my final draft submission area would not open up. I finally got ahold of the learning support team and they said my second milestone from over a month ago had not received a passing score. I went back and looked and there's nothing really unusual to flag up that the score isn't passing, if the professor doesn't specifically say so in the notes. This is very different to every other online course platform I have used before, where either it won't allow you to progress til the milestone is a passing score, or at least it will leave it showing incomplete or flagged somehow. In UMPI, as you can see from the screenshot, all it says is "Well Done! You have completed the assignment". LOL. And all the modules just show check marks. So yeah just wanted to post this for any new UMPI Yourpace students so you know to carefully check the number on your score.

This happened to me too. The submission links were no where to be found by the time I was ready to submit my last assessment draft. I thought it was weird so I went through all of my milestones and saw that the third one gave me two different scores. Some places it said I received a '4' as the overall score and others it said I received a '2'. Emailed my professor, he said he gave me a '4' and not a '2' and that he graded it again. But nothing changed. I emailed him again, this time with screenshots to better illustrate, and my professor was able to see the issue and fix it. After that the submission links appeared for me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Marlin9276's post:
  • jch, RachelB

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest UMPI classes since the change to brightspace? CanICode 8 1,503 11-19-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  POS 101 American Government on Brightspace Infinite-Telephone52 5 904 11-03-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: DolceDolce
  Good UL credits on Brightspace? (not history/poli sci) umpidawg10 7 1,086 10-30-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: umpidawg10
  I Finished My Degree At UMPI W/Brightspace Platform - AMA MichaelDoesMarketing 16 2,371 10-20-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Changes / BrightSpace MrPhilipp 31 5,136 10-09-2023, 06:05 PM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  BUS 325 - Financial Management on Brightspace MikeyJeff 7 1,251 09-25-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Learningnow
  Fall Class list (Brightspace) Duneranger 9 988 08-26-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Brightspace Orientation? Chankosumo 4 620 08-09-2023, 08:10 PM
  Finally... Brightspace Confirmed for Fall 1 origamishuttle 17 1,888 07-31-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Billiejo113
  Brightspace Coming ashkir 35 4,692 07-24-2023, 09:33 AM