Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Changes / BrightSpace
Make sure you review your Transfer Credit Report and compare that against the report you receive from Jessica. If you have your student center credentials you can check for the credit report completion.
(09-27-2023, 11:35 PM)ARG Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 11:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 09:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 08:46 PM)ARG Wrote: Exams Question - Now that it's fall 2023 and Brightspace is in full effect, there's not a lot of information out there. One, I read that with Brightspace exams are going away, can this be confirmed? Two, I read in one of the thread that exams were open book, and people in that thread said to fail the exams so you can cycle through the questions to study everything. I'm not sure where I read this and if it applied to the old Yourpace or new Brightspace. Nevertheless I took this note down and I'm trying to decide if it's relevant to keep. I thought it odd, but since I've yet to start school and it was a popular thread, I wrote it down. I'm starting to save links to discussions so I can go back to them vs just taking notes.

Thanks for the clarification!

The exams weren't open book. And it wasn't the exam questions that one should fail, but the pre-test (or whatever it was called). If you failed the exam, you failed the exam. If you got the pre-test questions wrong, they'd cycle through until you'd seen the whole question bank. This bank was not the same bank as what the exam pulled from, but the questions were close enough to help with studying.

But all of this is moot with the move to Brightspace and the elimination of exams.

Those were quizzes which weren't graded. Not the exams. If you failed an exam, then you failed the course. All of this is irrelevant now because UMPI has completed the move to Brightspace and there are no more exams. Everything is now a paper, PowerPoint, some sort of project, etc. It's all written work and no exams at all.
I'm comfortable with that. I've read in the Discord that people are saying the courses are now much longer, that the milestones alone are sometimes longer then the whole class on the old system, and grading in some classes is taking upwards of 10 days. I'm just taking this all in while I wait until fall 2 starts and I begin for the first term and going back and forth on what classes I should actually take to avoid a mess with higher enrollment and bandwidth issues due to Brightspace growing pains. I applied a month ago and just got told my evaluation should be coming up. I can see in the system they have me down for accounting, I never chose accounting so I've reported that. I'd hate to lose time on a bad evaluation for a degree plan I'm not even going for. I also have 100+ credits through community college, Sophia, Straighterline and my Real Estate, Marketing, CNA and Sub-teaching certificates/licenses. I also made sure to take the 3 classes on Sophia that are considered UL. I'm assuming I'll meet the 90 credit opportunity. I'll be shocked and so bummed if I'm just waiting all this time for bad news.

It's not nearly as bad as anyone is making it out to be. I just finished my degree in Fall I and Brighspace was fine. Took like, half a day to get used to it. Professors still have to grade within 72hrs although a couple of them have been slow due to the surge in enrollment. They had 900 new enrollments in Fall I. Exams are gone, and it's all project/papers. AMA and I'll try to give you as much insight as possible.
Current
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (Gies School of Business) - MS Management

Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Summa Cum Laude, Minors: Management & Political Science
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Graphic Design
Udacity Nanodegree - Digital Marketing
Google Career Certification - Digital Marketing & E-Commerce, UX Design
[-] The following 2 users Like MichaelDoesMarketing's post:
  • HappyGrad85, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 48 4,453 Yesterday, 03:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 174 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 168 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 220 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 852 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 268 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,468 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 202 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 943 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  AI in UMPI him22 16 1,255 03-09-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ares