Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What College Courses Did You Love And/or Recommend Everyone Take?
Heart 
I'm passionate about lifelong learning.

I thought it would be awesome for people to share what college classes they loved and/or recommend everyone take?  So write the course you love or recommend, where you took it, and a short description.

Loved: BSBA Capstone
Took: TESU
Description:  Loved talking about real businesses and the types of business strategies they each use.

Recommend: Psychology
Took:  OnlineDegree
Description: I liked the course at OnlineDegree because it focused a lot on learning and memory.  Though I took it at OD, Sophia or other places would be quicker, and the material is similar no matter where you take it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
The courses I loved were because of the teachers moreso than the material. I also enjoyed some schools more than others - GGU was hands-down the best school I ever attended - every class was great, every instructor was good, the students were engaged (all adults, all returning to school after years working).

But I did enjoy the TESU BSBA Capstone, especially the Case Studies. LOVED those!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I got in on the San Francisco State University free course for frontline workers, and chose their "Introduction to the Middle East" class. It was very very well done. The professor was very much an expert in the field, and utilized the online platform well to assign online news articles, documentaries, really good book chapters from a variety of writings, influential blogs, and other mixed media to help us really see the world of the "Middle East" through so many lenses. I would have paid for another one from that professor if tuition wasn't so high there.
I would recommend that everyone take at least one course in Logic and Critical Thinking.  There are many around
Top Critical Thinking Courses - Learn Critical Thinking Online | Coursera
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • hsfamfun, NC Coach
COM100: Intro to Human Communication through ASU ULC/EA is one that still sticks with me. 
In the past, I thought of myself as a socially inept person. Often, I felt that I was lacking in interpersonal relationship skills. Somehow, I never picked up on several important aspects of communication. 
This course provided a broad introduction to the components of effective communication. It transformed the way I think about interactions throughout my life. I started to notice things that I missed before this course. 
Also, this was the first writing-intensive college-level course I pursued. With two weekly essays, the intense pace was stressful but prepared me for success in later studies. This experience is where I learned to crank out essays and incorporate sources.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • MNomadic, Pikachu
The stupidly named "Taking Charge of Your Economic Future" at Sophia is probably one that every American should take. Whether or not it fits into their degree plan, IMO. It has a lot of info that I wish I'd known sooner and I've known even older people who have struggled with the topics covered there.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Johann, MNomadic, Pikachu
Two courses stood out, for me:

(1) Economics
(2) Psychology of Human Sexuality

Money and sex. Both are important to most people. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johann's post:
  • MNomadic
I have loved every project management course I've taken as an undergrad and as a grad student. It's definitely not a topic for everyone. If you're into organization and structure, it can be quite a bit of fun.
Nutrition & Wellness. Helped me understand why I gained the Freshman 15 and how to get rid of it
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • rachel83az
I took the Psychology of Dogs from TESU and really enjoyed it
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,089 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,801 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,197 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,561 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 738 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,952 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 788 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 244 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 509 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 406 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares