Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Present for High School/AA Degree Graduate?
Question,

My daughter (who we homeschooled), graduated this month from High School and will finish up her AA at the local CC in a few days...in fact she walks graduation this coming Friday. The Florida Dual Enrollment Plan is awesome! She has done an extraordinary job maintaining a 4.0 and taking 9 CLEP exams to get it done. I would like to buy her a small token as a graduation present.

She already has a class ring, so that's no good. Funds are rather limited so $100 or so bucks is the practical limit. I thought about going the silly route and just buying "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Seusse, but that seems too silly and unoriginal. So I thought I would throw it out for suggestions. Whatever it is must be available locally or via overnight...anxious to hear your thoughts.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Rebel100,

How about taking her to the bank and starting a savings or checking account for/with her, in her own name. A first $100 dollar deposit would be awesome. She'll get a check card in a few weeks in her name, I'm sure that will make her feel special and grown up. Just make sure you have her watch a few episodes of the Suze Orman show or "till' debt do us part". I have little debt but I wish my parent would have taught me how to be finically independent from the get go.

-B
bldclot2 Wrote:Rebel100,

How about taking her to the bank and starting a savings or checking account for/with her, in her own name. A first $100 dollar deposit would be awesome. She'll get a check card in a few weeks in her name, I'm sure that will make her feel special and grown up. Just make sure you have her watch a few episodes of the Suze Orman show or "till' debt do us part". I have little debt but I wish my parent would have taught me how to be finically independent from the get go.

-B

Great idea, we did this a couple of years ago though. Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Hit a few local pawn shops and look for a special piece of jewelry. While some are seedy and smell like cabbage, there are many out there that make it worth a stop when you are looking for something on a budget. Most prices are negotiable, and you can find some real treasures.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
My mom bought me a new electric shaver for graduation. Lets hope she doesn't need that Smile
But seriously, thats awesome news. Congrats to her! I have no good ideas for you I'm afraid.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Yes, congratulations to her! (Sorry, got excited about the shopping quiz.) Both a high school and AA in the same month...she sounds like quite a little smarty! The Seuss book still isn't a bad idea, particularly with a personal note about how proud you are of her written in the front cover. Dads are allowed to be silly, particularly if it's a sentimental thing.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
<----- doesn't have a great idea, but is eavesdropping because she hopes her son will be in the same boat next year Smile

I like the Dr Seuss book, maybe with a nice pair of earrings? My mall has several semi-precious gemstone types, in fact, my son bought some for his girlfriend at Christmas; but they are in real 24k gold with the semi precious stone, and there were dozens of styles in the $50-$75 range, of course more money=more selection, but I think you could find something nice in a beautiful box and have it wrapped. Pearls are classic, and birthstones are also a win. I'd make a point of explaining that these are "adult" earrings since she's very mature and has earned them. Congrats to her!!
What other books are out there that would be appropriate?
AS in EMS August 2010

I'd recommend Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin over Dr. Seuss. Or how about the Flipside of Feminism to prepare her for the indoctrination that occurs in public schools HAGELIN: 'The Flipside of Feminism' - Washington Times
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:I'd recommend Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin over Dr. Seuss. Or how about the Flipside of Feminism to prepare her for the indoctrination that occurs in public schools HAGELIN: 'The Flipside of Feminism' - Washington Times

Don't worry too much about her politics...she learned US Gov. watching Michael Badnarik on youtube at 13. Smile oh the things iv'e taught her... Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 302 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,250 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 574 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 508 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,571 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  How should I structure my CV as a UMPI Graduate? atmoex 8 1,048 02-12-2023, 08:21 PM
Last Post: tsgreer
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,736 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Program to educate incarcerated people costs 40K per graduate?! studyingfortests 25 1,758 05-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 538 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Gas Prices Hit Record High Averaging Over $5 a Gallon in California LevelUP 8 935 03-07-2022, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Blkqueen8