What Sophia courses to take?
Smile 
Hi,

I am interested in the BA in computer science program from TESU

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/computer-science

Assuming that I can still transfer the Sophia credits to TESU, 

Can you guys please let me know what courses I should take
https://www.sophia.org/online-courses-fo...ege-credit

PS: I am a fresh starter, I have 0 credits and since Sophia is free for now, I want to spend all my time to earn the credits.

Thank you.
Personally, I took all the General Education first. Because usually they are easier to do, thus faster.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
I also agree with starting with the General Education courses first. Since you're going for the degree at TESU, skip the 3 foundation courses as they won't transfer. Work on the US History I course first as it expires in a month and then US History II/Public Speaking as those expire in July.

You should then take the College Readiness and the two Developing Effective Teams/Essentials of Managing Conflict. Then work on the remainder of the course as they expire 2021/2022. You might want to read this thread and the link to another thread... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ull-Degree
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you. You have been very helpful.
I am going though the Sophia courses and finished 2 courses almost. Can you tell me if it is fine to create the ACE credit registry setup later, or I shall do it prior to the courses? And how does Sophia transfer them to ACE. Do I need to request it and pay for it?
(03-26-2020, 09:34 PM)msa145 Wrote: Thank you. You have been very helpful.
I am going though the Sophia courses and finished 2 courses almost. Can you tell me if it is fine to create the ACE credit registry  setup later, or I shall do it prior to the courses? And how does Sophia transfer them to ACE. Do I need to request it and pay for it?

Create your ACE account now, as it just makes everything easier later.

When you complete your Sophia courses, log onto ACE and do a course search, using Sophia as the course provider.  Click on the course, and then click on Add to Transcript.  Sophia will ok it, and it will show up in your ACE account fairly quickly.

BTW - don't waste any of your time doing courses that are always free - do the 3cr Sophia courses first, you can save the rest for later, when Sophia is no longer free but all of the others still are.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,196 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,862 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 603 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,958 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet