Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are the easiest & fastest Sophia courses out of this list?
I have to finish 18 elective credits with UMGC and the below courses don't have touchstones and are transferrable to my school. Out of all listed, which 6 courses would be my best option to take that are easiest and fastest? I will be taking these alongside 2 upper level courses at UMGC so I am trying to make it as painless as possible to get my electives needed to graduate. Thank you!

Art History I
Art History II
Visual Communications
Conflict Resolution
Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Business
Principles of Finance
Project Management
U.S. History I
U.S. History II
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Introduction to Relational Databases
Introduction to Web Development
I got environmental science done in about three days. If you have more free time, it may take less than that.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
These courses I did which were pretty easy
Environmental Science
Visual Communications
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Ethics

These courses I didn't do though I hear are pretty easy
Art History I
Art History II

Introduction to Web Development would be a breeze if you already have the css/html knowledge. I couldn't click through fast enough from lesson to lesson.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
I recently completed Art 1, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US History. All were fast, Human Bio was probably more challenging than the others, but still fast enough. Macroeconomics was quick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jennr2z's post:
  • Pikachu
(05-17-2022, 11:58 PM)Jennr2z Wrote: I recently completed Art 1, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US History. All were fast, Human Bio was probably more challenging than the others, but still fast enough. Macroeconomics was quick.

Cool, you got through those courses quickly.  I had trouble with U.S. History I because so many questions required multiple answers.

Project Management was fast for me though I hear some have trouble with it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Learner Over-Look... You really shouldn't be looking for "easiest, fastest", you need to see which courses interest you. If the course is easy/fast for one person, it may not be for another because the course may be a bore and a slog to go through. So, ask yourself what subjects out of those are interesting over the others... You may want courses that overlap, or not, it's all personal preference.

If I had a choice, these are the ones that interest me the most.. pick yours...
Visual Communications
Conflict Resolution
Principles of Finance
Project Management
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(05-18-2022, 11:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Learner Over-Look... You really shouldn't be looking for "easiest, fastest", you need to see which courses interest you.  If the course is easy/fast for one person, it may not be for another because the course may be a bore and a slog to go through.  So, ask yourself what subjects out of those are interesting over the others... You may want courses that overlap, or not, it's all personal preference.  

Visual Communications
Conflict Resolution
Principles of Finance
Project Management

This is so true.  I enjoyed Environmental Science, so it was fast.  US History II wasn’t necessarily any harder, it’s just a very tough subject for me.  Too many names and dates to remember.   I fully “understand” it, but my mind wanders with the details.  So that one was slow for me.   ZZZzzzzz…
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(05-18-2022, 11:52 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 11:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Learner Over-Look... You really shouldn't be looking for "easiest, fastest", you need to see which courses interest you.  If the course is easy/fast for one person, it may not be for another because the course may be a bore and a slog to go through.  So, ask yourself what subjects out of those are interesting over the others... You may want courses that overlap, or not, it's all personal preference.  

Visual Communications
Conflict Resolution
Principles of Finance
Project Management

This is so true.  I enjoyed Environmental Science, so it was fast.  US History II wasn’t necessarily any harder, it’s just a very tough subject for me.  Too many names and dates to remember.   I fully “understand” it, but my mind wanders with the details.  So that one was slow for me.   ZZZzzzzz…

Yep that makes sense! I don't think I will like US History and I am not sure if I will like Art History although everyone says it's easy. I just wasn't sure if any of the courses I listed were truly difficult regardless of your interest in them. Thank you!
(05-19-2022, 10:43 AM)cdickerson0601 Wrote:

Visual Communications
Conflict Resolution
Principles of Finance
Project Management

Yep that makes sense! I don't think I will like US History and I am not sure if I will like Art History although everyone says it's easy. I just wasn't sure if any of the courses I listed were truly difficult regardless of your interest in them. Thank you!

On the plus side, it’s all open book, so retaining the info isn’t super important.  Wink
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(05-19-2022, 11:24 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 10:43 AM)cdickerson0601 Wrote:

Visual Communications
Conflict Resolution
Principles of Finance
Project Management

On the plus side, it’s all open book, so retaining the info isn’t super important.  Wink
Thanks to Sophia I was able to get my general education, I of the best thing is that all the exams are open book.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • sophia UX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,399 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,717 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,800 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,873 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 606 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,970 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet