Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What grad school program are you in?
I finished a Master of Security Studies online at Angelo State University. I'm currently in a ground PhD in CJ program at Texas State University. I started out on a research assistantship the first semester of this past school year, but was switched to an instructional assistantship for the spring due to a shortage of instructors. I absolutely hated the course I had to teach. Sad

Yanji Wrote:Great idea, creating a graduate program forum.

I just finished my MBA at Indiana University (on-campus, full-time) a couple of weeks ago. It was a fun two years and I'm glad I did it. I started off as a marketing major (in fact, that's why I chose IU) but I switched to finance because I was frustrated with marketing "culture". Now I'm stuck in a "what now" dilemma. Before, I intended to do the online MS Stats at Iowa State, but I found out that the course offerings are so sparse that it'd take way too long to finish the degree. I'm weighing my options right now, but intend to start an online MS Stats, MS Applied Econ or even a BA Applied Math program in the fall. If anyone has any experience with any of programs of that type, I'd like to hear about it.

Congratulations. I believe the other forum has discussed UND's online masters in applied economics. I think one member here (NAP?) is doing the stats program at Texas A&M. I can't remember if that person was doing online or in person, but the program is available online.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Master of Science in Project Management - Missouri State University
Total estimated cost: $12.5K
AACSB and GAC accredited.
Estimated completion: Spring 2016
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
I graduated from EC in January of this year, and have since enrolled at Lynn University in the Applied Psychology program. Thus far I'm loving it, I love the fact that I'm back in brick and mortar classes, but I also enjoy the fact that if I wanted to take courses online I could. I should be finished with my masters sometime next year, in which I will seek admission into a PhD program.
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
Yey finally graduate discussion

Almost done without my Masters at CSU Global
Currently enrolled / about to start coursework at Texas A&M in their distance M.Ed. - Ed Tech program.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
Representing Eastern New Mexico University online MBA program
Total cost estimate: 5,000
Estimated Completion date: 2017
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
American University, MBA
International Business Concentration
Expected Completion, May '16
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
andrewtn Wrote:I graduated Thomas Edison in June 2014, which much credit to this forum. I attended the MS Computer Science Program at Georgia Tech this spring. Although I got an A in my first class I decided that the program wasn't the right fit for me. This summer I begin the MS Project Management at Missouri State, my home state university.

Did you attend Georgia Tech and Missouri State in person or online?
10-YR GOAL: 
MD/DO acceptance!
Post-baccalaureate Premedical Program, UC Berkeley Extension

UP NEXT: 
Contemplating MS Systems Engineering programs.

CURRENTLY: 
B.A. Computer Science & Biology, Thomas Edison State University

DONE:
M.B.A. Management & Strategy, Western Governors University, grad. Jan 2019
B.A. Social Sciences, Thomas Edison State University, grad. Dec 2017
I graduated from TESC this September and started a MS computer science program the same month. It took me just under 3 years to finish my undergraduate work, and it would have been much faster if I had discovered DF earlier. Nonetheless, my education timeline is kickin', and that would not be possible if DegreeForum weren't around.
I am finishing an unrelated undergraduate degree (paid for, by my employer - I took what I could get). Can you say anything about the journey from your interest in the field (just surmising, given your undergraduate degree choice) towards the goal of the PhD and working in the field? I'm particularly interested in what Lynn U. AP program has ended up costing, both in terms of money and time. I ask, of course, as the full-time-student-with-money might have gone the route of the PhD. program, outright (the more typical, at least, in the past, for those who did eventually or would become "doctors" of psych, whether in counseling or clinical). APA accreditation is, naturally, another matter, which, in your case will be moot, once you're accepted in the PhD. program to which you apply. I do find that, among schools that have any doctorate-level psych studies AND a distributed learning component - to any degree - AND APA accreditation, there's only Fielding Graduate University (they do seem to have a great program - I'm sure you know of them - and geared solely towards clinical, but, it's full-time and it ain't cheap). Maybe I missed something, though, when it comes to what I only assume is not the track you wish to take - the Psy D (counseling-oriented) degree. Do you know if there's anything online, at least in part, towards a Psy D, in existence, and, if so, any that are APA-accredited? Cost ever a factor, I'd be interested in whatever you can relate about what cost considerations you have vetted in each of your choices (and your likely future choices).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 6 207 04-22-2024, 09:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 184 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 534 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,346 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 635 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,125 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,139 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,809 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 16,004 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,322 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052