Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What grad school program are you in?
I just succeeded in getting 12 graduate credits (that I earned from doing the VESi courses from Augustana University) transferred over to Amberton University towards the Master's in Professional Development Degree.

So I'm 1/3 of the way through the 36-credit Master's.

I officially start at Amberton in March 2016. My first class will be Family Studies and we'll see how it goes. If I can do 1 class with no probs, I'll probably increase it to taking 2 classes in the summer semester. I hope to get the Master's by Spring 2017. I need 8 classes so if I can complete 5 this year (1 in Spring, 2 in summer, 2 in the fall), then I can hopefully do the last 3 next year (2 in the winter, 1 in the spring 2017). But if it takes a full 2 years to 2018, so be it. Smile
JTP - And I thought this crazy motivational stuff was just me! That's exactly why I bought the mug. When I'm working on colleges credits (my BS was a long strange trip involving 3 colleges - one of them twice), I buy a a shirt and mug with the logos. Having those items around make me complete the goal.

Like with WGU, I was excited to start in November but my dad passed away in early September. It's sad and busy considering I'm the one helping my mom get through it and settle the finances. I didn't start the masters in Nov because I just couldn't and maybe I wouldn't have done it at all. But every time I opened the kitchen cabinet, I saw that damned mug! It was like Poe's tell-tale heart behind the cabinet door telling me I had unfinished business. So now I'm starting the MBA in March and I'm very excited about it.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
I'm so sorry for the loss of your father, Dina. Good luck in your MBA program!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
passit1,

I, too, am sorry for your father's passing. September must have been a chaotic time for you between your father's death and your graduation. I hope that you father knew that you were going to graduate. It seems that maybe that mug helped you get through of it all. Good luck with your master's degree.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
KayV and LaterBloomer,

Thank you both very much...yeah, September was...weird. But my Dad knew I was graduating because I had finished everything in early June. He insisted on paying for TESC even though I was planning on using a loan - my mom said he was so proud. He never had the chance to go to college - he worked his way out of poverty and gave us the life he didn't have when he was a kid.

My sister changed her last name when she married but because I hyphenated, my last name is Silbernagel-Krohne. The bachelors degree hanging in my hallway shows a Silbernagel did it. Soon the masters will too.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
passit1 Wrote:The bachelors degree hanging in my hallway shows a Silbernagel did it. Soon the masters will too.
Awesome! Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Texas A&M M.S. in Marketing! Smile Gig 'em Aggies!
BS, Business Administration
RMLO
MS, Marketing--in process
Gig 'em Aggies!!
Proud citizen of the Lone Star State
Rifle-totin', handgun packin', horseback ridin' southern cowgirl
21 years of age and counting

Tests Passed!
---------------------
ICE BIBLE 102
ICE BIBLE 103
BIOLOGY CLEP -- 65
MACROECONOMICS CLEP -- 61 (Instcert only for study)
NATURAL SCIENCES CLEP -- 61
PERSONAL FINANCE DSST -- 430 (Instcert only for study)
Ok. Ok. I have not been here in ages. I guess an update is due. I am still at the University of South Africa-Pretoria. I am in year of the program. I am working on my PhD in History. It has been a long and ardus road. When they ( the folks that have completed it) you are on your own. You are. Pure and simple. I have been given the deadline of February 29th to finish it or I am out of school. I found out about that drop dead date back in July of last year. The chapters are still be revised and we are on the final stage of that. We still have not formed the committee of four ( which the original committee of two are supposed to form), but I think that is very very close. Also, I am in a doctoral program to be named later for 1) I had to have a backup in case UNISA failed or I failed them and 2) I wanted to walk ( matters to me. UNISA is so far away,I just cannot take that time off)
Just got news that I was accepted into Penn States MS in Geospatial Information Systems......I'm happy about that. Smile
Edit. I have one more year to finish. This is it. February 28, 2017 is all or nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 180 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 498 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,288 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 601 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,035 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,071 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,763 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,875 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,317 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,484 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute