Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens after you enroll to Big 3 and dont finish your degree??
The main advice here is to get the credits first and then enroll in any university of the Big 3 to finish your degree; i assume that this advice is because after you enroll in University and you dont finish the degree you must pay some kind of fee for each semester you are enrolled to keep your "student status"

It is this true??

In the other hand information about how certain courses in certain courses services (like study.com, saylor, etc) are transfered to colleges is a mystery; as well as i could read in this forum. Some replies about "how this course is transfered to X college" are "We do not know, try to transfer it to know how they take it".

Taking this two facts (Extra fee fact and the no information some courses transferbility) i want to know what happens if i enroll at some university once i get 120 credits, but then some of the UL credits are taked as LL and some courses are not transferibles to this college... what can i do then?
1) EC & COSC have per-term fees, so you don't want to enroll until you're getting very close to graduation. TESU on the other hand, has no per-term fees, so you want to enroll sooner rather than later.

2) Applying is different than enrolling. Applying generally involves paying a fee ($50-$75 for the Big 3 I think), and then you send them all of your transcripts, and they do an evaluation of your credit. At that point, you can see where everything comes in, and decide on a school at that point (generally the one that's going to be easiest to finish in terms of time and money).

At TESU, once you enroll, you can continue to send in courses, and they will get evaluated, so you'll know in plenty of time before graduation if you need to take additional courses. At EC, your enrollment fee (which you pay up front) is good for a year, and you can take any additional courses you need before graduation. At COSC, you would want to make sure you have everything completed or at least planned before you enroll.

With all 3 schools, you will know where any holes are that you need to fill and can take any necessary courses through alternative credit while you are taking your cornerstone and/or capstone.

In all 3 cases, you aren't doing this on a wing and a prayer - you KNOW what has transferred in prior to enrollment, or very soon after you take the course and send it in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-27-2019, 10:10 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: In the other hand information about how certain courses in certain courses services (like study.com, saylor, etc) are transfered to colleges is a mystery; as well as i could read in this forum. Some replies about "how this course is transfered to X college" are "We do not know, try to transfer it to know how they take it".

This isn't exactly true. You already know ACE courses transfer into the big 3. A math course will come in as a math course. A history course as a history course. Whether or not it comes in as HIS199 or HIS299 or HIS399 might be a mystery, but it's still coming in. HIS isn't going to become something else - so as far as odds go, I'd say you can get to a place of reasonable certainty for about 99% of your credits.

The biggest thing to know is that when you share how your credits transfer, that helps the person behind you. So, to keep a good base of knowledge flowing between everyone, please share how your courses transfer for this very reason. If a credit is unknown, it's because someone hasn't posted their transfer or the course is new.
Thank you for your replies.

You can apply more that one time with specific college?? 

(07-29-2019, 11:19 AM)cookderosa Wrote: The biggest thing to know is that when you share how your credits transfer, that helps the person behind you.  So, to keep a good base of knowledge flowing between everyone, please share how your courses transfer for this very reason.  If a credit is unknown, it's because someone hasn't posted their transfer or the course is new.

I will; i am also willing to take an "unnecessary" course to see how it is transferred (and if it is transferred) and thus contribute to the community.

Edit: BTW is there any link or specific thread where all this information about courses transfers are collected or i need to search in multi-threads in this forum??
(07-29-2019, 02:05 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: Thank you for your replies.

You can apply more that one time with specific college?? 

(07-29-2019, 11:19 AM)cookderosa Wrote: The biggest thing to know is that when you share how your credits transfer, that helps the person behind you.  So, to keep a good base of knowledge flowing between everyone, please share how your courses transfer for this very reason.  If a credit is unknown, it's because someone hasn't posted their transfer or the course is new.

I will; i am also willing to take an "unnecessary" course to see how it is transferred (and if it is transferred) and thus contribute to the community.

Edit: BTW is there any link or specific thread where all this information about courses transfers are collected or i need to search in multi-threads in this forum??

You only need to apply once. You'll send in your credits either as you earned them or in chunks - it's cheaper to do it fewer times, but there isn't a limit is my point.

The fastest way to find out how a course comes in is to search - if you can't find it going back a year or two, you should create a new thread and ask. The membership here is always changing, so sometimes an old thread is really helpful but remember others may have the question too, so don't be afraid to post it and ask it. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 691 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 290 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 649 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,806 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,177 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 578 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 516 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 290 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 880 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,252 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM