Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens if you drop a class in Sophia?
Can you retake the class later?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Yes, you can. You might have to ask support to have it reset and you would have to start from the very beginning, but you can retake it. There may or may not be a minimum waiting period before you can start it again.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • , jbrower
Also, chat told me that if you drop twice you need to talk to one of their academic coaches. Just FYI.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
I dropped a couple of courses, and once you drop them, they disappear from your courses list so you can't restart them on your own without customer service.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I actually asked them this yesterday. I have a class i dropped a while back because I was running out of time and i wanted to finish an easier one before my subscription ran out. They told me I would just ask them and my progress would be saved. You used to have to start over but that is not the case anymore. Once I finish up a course and decide to add it, I can confirm whether this is what happens, but it seems that they have made that change to their procedures.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 3 users Like Vle045's post:
  • , jch, rachel83az
I'm glad. My youngest bounced off their Art History course a year ago, but now he's ready for it.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(03-03-2022, 08:46 AM)SteveFoerster Wrote: I'm glad. My youngest bounced off their Art History course a year ago, but now he's ready for it.

I am only guessing, but I think if you can still see your progress and it’s listed under dropped courses, that might be the key to whether you can still pick it up.  Back when it was free in 2020, I had absolutely no goal.  I just saw it was free and I added everything that was interesting to my list.  (There wasn’t a limit then).  Some of the courses that I simply didn’t finish then I would have to start from scratch.  They aren’t in my list of dropped classes and I can’t see my previous progress.   But you might be safe if it was dropped a year ago.  I think that is when I dropped mine.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
The "good" news is that he didn't really do anything in it, so I don't think it matters whether it saved his progress or not. Big Grin
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • , Vle045
Quote:They told me I would just ask them and my progress would be saved.  You used to have to start over but that is not the case anymore. 

This is great news to me. I dropped College Algebra and I was halfway finished. I’ll be so happy if I don’t have to start again from the beginning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Goldilocks!'s post:
  •
(03-03-2022, 12:54 PM)Goldilocks! Wrote:
Quote:They told me I would just ask them and my progress would be saved.  You used to have to start over but that is not the case anymore. 

This is great news to me. I dropped College Algebra and I was halfway finished. I’ll be so happy if I don’t have to start again from the beginning.

I feel the same way about a couple of classes that I had dropped a while back!
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS, Board of Governors---Pierpont Community & Technical College, 12/23
Certificate, Community Health Worker---Berkeley City College, 12/23

Upcoming: 
Certificate, Certified Tutor---Berkeley City College
Certificate, Library Technician---Long Beach City College

Considering:
Regents BA---Fairmont State University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 869 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,883 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 104 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 486 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,425 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 381 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 738 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 992 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 255 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 981 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab