Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is an ONLINE Class that UMPI doesn't offer that you wish they did?
(03-04-2022, 12:48 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Do they have much on data analytics?

Nope. Nothing really. There's a Business Analytics course but the description is for the on campus class not the YourPace one. In YourPace I took a class called Strategic Development for it. My husband is wrapping up his Analytics degree from PUG and his classes on the subject were completely different.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Vle045
MATHEMATICS!!! Upper and lower level Math courses would be great!
Personally I would love to take BUS 359 (IT Project Management). Course appears in the B&M UMPI catalog but not on YourPace.
Instead I have to take BUS 401. I am pursuing a BABA Project Management & MIS.
Goal:
UMPI - BABA Project Management & Information Systems

In progress:

Completed
Study.com - 6/6 courses
Sophia.org - 20 courses
IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate

(04-21-2022, 02:38 AM)kylan11 Wrote: Personally I would love to take BUS 359 (IT Project Management). Course appears in the B&M UMPI catalog but not on YourPace.
Instead I have to take BUS 401. I am pursuing a BABA Project Management & MIS.

BUS359 used to be offered in YourPace but it wasn't open to many students because you had to already be working in IT and be able to use a work project for your Final Assessment. BUS401 is easy. It's a continuation of BUS400. Same template.
If I had an option to request courses or degree programs, concentrations, minors, or whatever else, I would be requesting more for the graduate level. They only have one degree and in a specific concentration, MAOL... if they can add more degrees to that or at least other concentrations, that would be an interesting setup, people can decide to go with something other than Organizational Leadership. They have similar courses that can be bundled up into a MAM or MSM, Masters Arts/Science in Management or something.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-21-2022, 12:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If I had an option to request courses or degree programs, concentrations, minors, or whatever else, I would be requesting more for the graduate level.  They only have one degree and in a specific concentration, MAOL... if they can add more degrees to that or at least other concentrations, that would be an interesting setup, people can decide to go with something other than Organizational Leadership.  They have similar courses that can be bundled up into a MAM or MSM, Masters Arts/Science in Management or something.

A couple of master's are in the works. Don't expect them soon though. The MAOL is the first master's UMPI has ever offered. They don't offer any on campus. This is a Brandman/Strut degree. The faculty for it aren't from UMPI with the exception of Dr. Rice. Most UMPI faculty don't have doctorates especially in the business department so they can't teach grad courses. Accreditation dictates that. Most of the YourPace degrees are from Brandman/Strut. Very little has been created by UMPI so far, but they are working on changing this and hiring new staff including course developers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,317 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 419 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 295 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 280 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 404 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 721 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,422 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 324 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 306 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 342 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM