Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What % of people finish?
(12-05-2018, 02:23 AM)Merlin Wrote: Another factor that isn't reflected in the numbers are those "guests" who visit the forum but never bother to register. I recall I did research on this forum and others for at least 3 months before I signed up, and I only signed up because I wanted to post something. I also read a ton of threads on the "other" degree forum, but I can't recall if I ever created an account over there.

I actually did my entire degree and only registered here after I finished and wanted to contribute. I just never felt like I needed to ask questions directly. I was able to glean what I needed from reading existing threads...although in hindsight, I should have asked as I made mistakes that cost me money.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I was lurking for about a year i believe before I decided I wanted to contribute
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
And then you have the registered users that only use PM to communicate.

Oh, and how about those here who ask & help plan for their friends, coworkers and family... I'm personally wait for dfrecore's post that her husband is done (I remember his 3rd person review through her of the CS Saylor exams).  He's not done is he -I didn't miss that one, did I?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(12-05-2018, 06:16 PM)allvia Wrote: And then you have the registered users that only use PM to communicate.

Oh, and how about those here who ask & help plan for their friends, coworkers and family... I'm personally wait for dfrecore's post that her husband is done (I remember his 3rd person review through her of the CS Saylor exams).  He's not done is he -I didn't miss that one, did I?

Nope!!  I cannot convince him that he needs a degree, even though I have awesome plans for him!  Big Grin

He has taken the MIS and Cybersecurity DSST exams, which he passed easily cold (I didn't even tell him what they were about, he was just going to be down by SDSU that day and I told him to go in and take them!).  He has tried a Saylor exam (which he couldn't pass even though he does it for a living and has several certs).  He has multiple IT Certifications that WGU will take.  He has 2 AS degrees that would get him a waiver for his GE's.  WGU would be PERFECT for him, but he won't do it!!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-05-2018, 06:29 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 06:16 PM)allvia Wrote: And then you have the registered users that only use PM to communicate.

Nope!!  I cannot convince him that he needs a degree, even though I have awesome plans for him!  Big Grin

He has taken the MIS and Cybersecurity DSST exams, which he passed easily cold (I didn't even tell him what they were about, he was just going to be down by SDSU that day and I told him to go in and take them!).  He has tried a Saylor exam (which he couldn't pass even though he does it for a living and has several certs).  He has multiple IT Certifications that WGU will take.  He has 2 AS degrees that would get him a waiver for his GE's.  WGU would be PERFECT for him, but he won't do it!!!

LOL and frustrating! Smile My oldest son had 27 college credits without knowing it lol. I arranged his homeschool classes through Straighterline and ALEKS and he had no idea.
(12-06-2018, 11:46 PM)cookderosa Wrote: LOL and frustrating! Smile  My oldest son had 27 college credits without knowing it lol.  I arranged his homeschool classes through Straighterline and ALEKS and he had no idea.

Well, why didn't I think of tricking him?!?  Or bribery...I'm going to come up with some way for him to get some more credits without him knowing...   Big Grin
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
(12-07-2018, 03:45 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 11:46 PM)cookderosa Wrote: LOL and frustrating! Smile  My oldest son had 27 college credits without knowing it lol.  I arranged his homeschool classes through Straighterline and ALEKS and he had no idea.

Well, why didn't I think of tricking him?!?  Or bribery...I'm going to come up with some way for him to get some more credits without him knowing...   Big Grin

Maybe to help you out with your Study.com work he could try-out and test out a few courses...

You know, so you can better understand the process Wink ha!
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • cookderosa

Buy him subscriptions for Christmas so that he can feel obligated to complete courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(12-07-2018, 08:54 AM)sanantone Wrote:

Buy him subscriptions for Christmas so that he can feel obligated to complete courses.

Ah, but then he would get revenge by buying me a vacuum cleaner or something equally horrible for next Christmas...but I will keep thinking of ways to get him...
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mudball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,534 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Univ of People partners with Sophia.org for degree pathway! bjcheung77 3 782 05-08-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  WGU, SNHU, University of the People - Mega Universities bjcheung77 8 2,157 03-27-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,827 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Why do people drop out? Alpha 8 914 10-13-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sparcleofyumm
  People treating you differently since you've graduated? collegechick 29 3,385 04-24-2022, 12:20 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Tall people are more educated, short people are unhealthy bjcheung77 2 778 04-23-2022, 09:47 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What People Get Wrong About First-Generation College Students LevelUP 11 1,371 03-08-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
Question Why People Take SO LONG to Get Started? LevelUP 13 1,734 03-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Finish: This is how it looks like! (78 years later) bjcheung77 1 880 12-30-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: clep3705