Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's In A Name?
Librevore Wrote:Yep, full to overflowing at the moment.hilarious

Your name looks interesting too. What's your "story?"

Librevore

Well, I my youth, I was very Religious...So much so, that I was said to be in the "shadow of the cross." (Why they never said Light of the cross, I don't know)

Religion has always been a big part of my life, so I take what I was called and shorten it to Shadowcross.

Cheers!
Traditional Credits: 39 (12 used)
FEMA Credits: 9 (6 used)
NFA Credits: 2 (0 used)
DANTES Credits: 21 (18 used)
CLEP Credits: 18 (15 used)
FAA Credits: 39

EC BS in Psychology: 90/120 (38 unused)
My name comes from airborne and medic. I shortened the airborne when I made a username at another website a while back so I just kept it. I was in the 82nd Airborne Division for 3 years (spent half the time in Iraq and Afghanistan and then went to Iraq again with 3d ACR last year). I am also a medic in the Army.
[SIZE="5"]Barry[/SIZE]
47 Traditional Credits 75 Non-Traditional with 3.7 GPA
[COLOR="Blue"]BA in Social Sciences from TESC last class ended on 1/13/2007!!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Waiting on grade for SOS440
B in SOC210[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Next up MA of Liberal Studies in Administrative Leadership through the University of Oklahoma!!
arbornmedic Wrote:My name comes from airborne and medic. I shortened the airborne when I made a username at another website a while back so I just kept it. I was in the 82nd Airborne Division for 3 years (spent half the time in Iraq and Afghanistan and then went to Iraq again with 3d ACR last year). I am also a medic in the Army.

Barry,

As a foreigner (Canadian, so not that far...) living here I appreciate everything you guys do. I have a neighbor whose kids think he cooks for all of the soldiers in Iraq. He is actually stationed at a checkpoint.

I very often feel guilty enjoying a very life here when so many work so hard to make that possible.
Dale H.
half way...
Enrolled - BS-BGB Excelsior
Completed - 65 credits
Togo - 4 CLEP, 6 DSST, 2 ECE, 1 EC Course, 1 TECEP
[SIZE="3"]While I was in the army I worked on the armament systems of the Apache helicopters. My last name is "Straley" and my platoon nickname was always "Armament Dawgs". So, after combining the two names "Straydog" was created. It's a name that has permanetly stuck too include my cilivian/guard life. [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]WORKING TOWARDS B.S. OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE FROM EXCELSIOR COLLEGE.[/SIZE]
UPDATED 1/13
COMPLETED 113.33 HRS.
NEED 14.67
[COLOR="Green"]RECENTLY TAKEN TEST: RISE & FALL - 12/12 - 46 (OUCH!)
NEXT TESTS: World Conflicts, Juvenile Delinquency, Ethics, College Writing
LAST TRADITIONAL CLASS: Social Science Research
[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]
CLEP/DSST - 51 HRS
TRADITIONAL - 53
MILITARY - 9
[/COLOR]
dhlvrsn Wrote:I have a neighbor whose kids think he cooks for all of the soldiers in Iraq. He is actually stationed at a checkpoint.

Aaaaw!

That's both a sad story and a sweet story, all at the same time.

I wish we could bring them all home.

Of course, at some point, the son is going to be really confused when he finds out his dad can't cook.
Wink

Thanks for sharing that story Dale,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
My name is avi, so i figured that would be a very cool screenname. Yes, if you are thinking this guy is a big DUFUS your right!!!!!!!
Business law-59 Accounting-53
US history 1 - 53 Computer applications-54
Biology-58 analyzing literature 64
Management-59
Marketing-71
Psycology-64
Macroeconomics-58
Microeconomics-57
English comp 53
business law II, statistics, intro to business, principles of finance, money and banking, HRM, organizational behavior, business math and MIS - Pending
this is one thread i always enjoy reading. thanks for sharing, everyone. Smile
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
I am Lisa and I and my brothers are into Rome--Caesar, Cicero, on and on. Thus the name. I also have studied Latin so that's an added interest in Rome. On top of that I started ancient Greek and would like to get back to that some day.:o

Sweet to know you all!Big Grin
Got-
CLEP: 24 credits
dsst: 18 credits Cool
NYU: 12 credits
Excelsior's portfolio course: 3 credits
INL 102: 1 credit Cool
ECE college writing: 3 creditsBig Grin

AS on the way!!!!hilarious
dhlvrsn Wrote:Barry,

As a foreigner (Canadian, so not that far...) living here I appreciate everything you guys do. I have a neighbor whose kids think he cooks for all of the soldiers in Iraq. He is actually stationed at a checkpoint.

I very often feel guilty enjoying a very life here when so many work so hard to make that possible.

Thanks. I enjoy my job. I can't wait to finish my degree and put in for Officer Candidate School (OCS).
[SIZE="5"]Barry[/SIZE]
47 Traditional Credits 75 Non-Traditional with 3.7 GPA
[COLOR="Blue"]BA in Social Sciences from TESC last class ended on 1/13/2007!!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Waiting on grade for SOS440
B in SOC210[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Next up MA of Liberal Studies in Administrative Leadership through the University of Oklahoma!!
Barry I guess the Army is short for Rotary Wing pilots. Im sure you already knew that. I just talked to my friend who told me that yesterday. He is finishing up flight school for the Kiowa Warrior.

Good luck on your Excelsior degree. I too am going to apply for OTS when I get my degree hopefully this summer. Cool
Houston, Texas
B.S. - Liberal Arts, Excelsior College